• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

gallerypiece

hello everyone! i am new to this site and would like to find other people to talk to and share my experiences and feelings, especially for people who haven't been diagnosed and want to feel validation and not feel so alone. so, about me. i just recently turned 20, i am a female and i was born and raised in upstate NY.

i have known for almost 3 years now that i could be on the autism spectrum. before i accepted the idea of autism, i thought i had a personality disorder or something. before that i only was ever officially diagnosed with OCD at a young age, and social phobia when i was 15. i was misdiagnosed with ODD (oppositional defiant disorder) as a child due to my meltdowns and tantrums being wrongfully seen as me purposefully acting out to my superiors, when in reality i was just struggling to communicate properly and regulate my emotions.

i started obsessively researching about mental health related topics years ago because i had no supervision on the internet as a young teenager.

i have taken all of the Asperger's tests there are online that are legitimate, and my score on the Aspie Quiz was 191 out of 200 for neurodiverse (Asperger's), and 30 out of 200 for neurotypical. as there is no doubt in my mind 3 years later of doing research on autism, and struggling constantly socially and as an adult in general, i decided to finally reach out to a psychologist, one who specializes in autism spectrum disorders, and i will be starting my diagnostic and testing on January 16th.

i am hoping i get the answers i'm looking for, and i am very glad to have resources like this website to talk to people similar to me and hear their stories as well. sorry for the long introduction, i ramble a lot and have a lot to say. thank you if you read all of this and have a good day!

Hi gallerypiece :)

welcome to af.png

Hi gallerypiece
You've come to the right place by the sound of things. I hope we can be your friends and a resource for you :)

Welcome! This forum is a great place. Jump right in and make yourself at home.

I spent a couple winters in upstate NY while I was in the Army. I miss the snow. I don’t miss being forced to stand outside in it for long periods without moving. Do you enjoy living there?

Greetings gallerypiece, and welcome to the forum. You will find a lot of friendly folks here and tons of helpful information.

Welcome! This forum is a great place. Jump right in and make yourself at home.

I spent a couple winters in upstate NY while I was in the Army. I miss the snow. I don’t miss being forced to stand outside in it for long periods without moving. Do you enjoy living there?
I hate New York and I'm hoping to move South or out west someday!!

New Threads

Top Bottom