• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi all

charlie10vet

Hi, I'm Ian and I was diagnosed with autism almost exactly one year ago. Since then, I've been researching autism and comparing it to my life up until now and so many things have started to make sense. I'm still learning a lot and I'm hoping to meet others like me :)

Welcome aboard. It's nice to feel understood isn't it? I knew there was something more than just anxiety and depression, and when I read about ADHD and Autism it was like reading my autobiography.

There's lots of similarities with people on the spectrum, and yet we often have our own unique interests, quirks and hardships.

I've found it a very good place to open up. Talked and shared things I'd never told anyone, and people could relate. It's quite a wonderful feeling when I spent most of my life feeling like I didn't fit in.

Then again, there's nothing wrong with standing out. Sometimes you just have to have thick skin because there are people out there who can be rude or unkind. Whilst it seems cruel behaviour, I imagine they have their own suffering and strife in their lives, they're just taking it out on others - which isn't the correct way to do things. But I understand living with sadness can lead to frustration. That can turn into anger, or vindictive behaviour etc.

Anyway, I'm waffling. Hope you enjoy the forum. It's a really good place to be.

Ed

Allo! Allo! @charlie10vet
As a reasonably new member here myself, you'll find lot's of very friendly and understanding people here. Unlike other normal forums, this one there is no pointing out or teasing for your mistakes or ramblings

2d3e74e2acce079df4c630e9ef676069.png

Hi, I'm Ian and I was diagnosed with autism almost exactly one year ago. Since then, I've been researching autism and comparing it to my life up until now and so many things have started to make sense. I'm still learning a lot and I'm hoping to meet others like me :)

Welcome Ian,

I was diagnosed in 2020, and am still learning. Autism is such a complex state of being, with no two people being exactly alike, that is is difficult to fully grasp. However, I can identify with other people in reading about their experiences.

I hope you have a positive experience here, and I look forward to getting to know you better.

Alright- you made it here. There are lots of people willing to share hardships and success stories. This has helped me alot. We can overcome some things and become more aware of other things. Giant info dump but delivered with hope. Welcome.

Last edited:
Hi, and Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay here in the process! :)

Yeah. Autism is hard to understand. I've been learning about it myself so I can understand myself and other people like me better. Welcome to the forums.

Hi and Welcome, Ian.

I was diagnosed 10 years ago. I'm now 64.
This is a great place to get to know others and I felt the same when I started studying and reading
the posts here. It was like reading my life's experiences for the most part.
Glad you are joining in with the forum!

Hello Ian

first welcome to the website i hope can find the help and support you can be looking.

i was an year ago well can't say diagnosed but my doctor ratified my suspects later of applying an questionnaire and well i knew that i had autism spectrum thanks to a friend that i met by long time and him made me get awareness about the autism spectrum and asperger also, later of research just realized many things that i didn't found explanation and some things that were in the past and in social settings embarrassing by first time had an valid answer so the past year i had the courage to tell to my doctor by first time about my suspects him is a psychiatrist so i just stopped of looking more sides of myself there are things that won't change at all and have to accept how i am and to certain things do or force to do eye contact and etc but there is not much that can be done, if can't accept yourself as you are it's not much you can do about can research all the web but sometimes there are things that is better don't know about too much by our own benefit by rare that sounds.

best regards
aspie1w

New Threads

Top Bottom