• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello

Elara_W88

Hello everyone.

I am here because I think I might possibly be an Aspie. I’m not sure yet. But it does seem to explain a lot of issues I’ve been dealing with for as long as I can remember. Severe social anxiety, lack of social reciprocity, lack of empathy, episodes of mutism, panic attacks (maybe they are meltdowns?). I’ve done a fair job of masking and fitting in and being accepted at work and among friends. But sometimes I just shut down for months at a time and don’t want to talk to anyone. I can barely cook myself dinner or function at work. I find it difficult to maintain relationships over long periods of time because I just can’t explain why I disappear like that.

So, in joining discussions on this forum, I look forward to hearing others stories.

upload_2022-3-16_20-39-48.png

Hi and welcome. You certainly sounds compatible with many here. Trying some online tests can be helpful, as mentioned. We are all different, though, of course, but it can give you indications. Hopefully discussions and information here will also help you feel clearer.

:turtle::cactus::leafwind::palmtree::leafwind::herb::bug::seedling::fourleaf:

Welcome Elara!:)

I am happy that you are discovering about yourself, probably as you learn some selfcare, and energy management tricks you will get less episodes of being totally drained.

This forum is a very nice place.

New Threads

Top Bottom