• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Saleje

Hi, I'm Saleje. I have diagnosed myself with aspergers and will be officially diagnosed sometime this month. I was misdiagnosed with bipolar then later schizoaffective. Well after about a year on no psych meds. They (therapist) cant seem to figure out how a person with a serious mental illness such as schizoaffective disorder can do so well without medication and looking back at my time with my therapist all we have done is practice social interactions and see if I can react to things differently etc. It wasn't until I met someone with aspergers That I realized it. I've spent a lifetime trying to figured out why I dont make friends easily or get taken advantage of because people think I'm wierd or whatever .and being black and having anything mental they just say nothing is wrong with you ..i agree nothing is wrong with me (rather something is wrong with them)I feel like a huge load off my shoulders knowing that there are people in the world that GET IT. And I do hope to make friends on here. Oh I dont know I this is relevant but I can go on and on about religion and possible points of life once I contemplated it for so long I came to the conclusion that none of this exist we just think it does. Religion fascinates me yet I dont claim to be apart of one.

Hi Saleje, Welcome to Aspie Central:)

Women seem to get misdiagnosed quite a lot, as there seems to be little official information for female aspies, most research has been done on male aspies, guess that's why. Lots of information here, to help you on your way to understanding.

Welcome, Saleje! I totally get it about being misdiagnosed. It was not until about ten years ago that I was finally diagnosed. I felt like I had finally found my people on this confusing planet!:cool:I hope you enjoy posting and reading here!

New Threads

Top Bottom