• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello everyone , how are you ??

Edward

I'm a 22 year old aspie (yes I know the term isn't in use anymore I'm still using it)

I was abused by the system and was refused an education , I've heard stories about how this was in other states though where I was I have post traumatic just remembering special education just from how bad it was...

They didn't recognize my Dyscalculia as a disability and thought it was fake

I wasn't taught during school hours

I Feel like a second class citizen and often cry myself too sleep...

I feel like a Jew during the Holocaust (sorry if thats offensive ig more accurate is one of us during aktion t4)

I'm crying while writing this , Disability rights had something filed with our family and nothing came of it..

I'm just tired of the abuse...

Often I wish I could kill myself , I just want a way out of this nightmare.. have any of you experienced this systemic abuse I have , and often people try to excuse how there about to say your whinning or complaining or moping in self pity.. it makes me so mad... like telling a black guy during jim crow he is just "having a hard time" my dad often told of these people...

upload_2022-5-1_17-5-10.png

Hi and welcome. Sorry you have been through all that, it sounds awful, but you have made it through, I hope things will get better for you. It's good that you are here, I hope you will keep posting and join in discussions.

:strawberry::watermelon::cherries::grapes::shortcake::cookie::icecream::pear::peach::tropicaldrink::redapple:

I'm a 22 year old aspie (yes I know the term isn't in use anymore I'm still using it)

I was abused by the system and was refused an education , I've heard stories about how this was in other states though where I was I have post traumatic just remembering special education just from how bad it was...

They didn't recognize my Dyscalculia as a disability and thought it was fake

I wasn't taught during school hours

I Feel like a second class citizen and often cry myself too sleep...

I feel like a Jew during the Holocaust (sorry if thats offensive ig more accurate is one of us during aktion t4)

I'm crying while writing this , Disability rights had something filed with our family and nothing came of it..

I'm just tired of the abuse...

Often I wish I could kill myself , I just want a way out of this nightmare.. have any of you experienced this systemic abuse I have , and often people try to excuse how there about to say your whinning or complaining or moping in self pity.. it makes me so mad... like telling a black guy during jim crow he is just "having a hard time" my dad often told of these people...

Hi Edward. Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry you were treated bad by the school system. Our 12-year-old son tried public special education preschool for just a few days, and we had to pull him out because of very upsetting things that happened there. I have been homeschooling our sons since. My biggest gripe in life is actually how varying systems are set up. I hope you feel this is a safe and caring place for you!

Welcome. I find it sad that you have not received appropriate help. During my teen and young adult years Autism was rarely recognized and my social dysfunction was thought to be a choice. Only now, a half-century later have I been able to deal with the PTSD from social isolation.

Hi Edward!

I have experienced systemic abuse and ableism as well, in school, foster care, and in the healthcare and mental health system. Partially to do with experiencing racism too, in my case. My stories are very extreme and hard for people to listen to :(

I’m really happy I found this forum, and although I’m not ready to open up about everything that happened, I definitely feel supported and cared about on here. I hope that you have this experience on here too.

Feel free to reach out to me if you need to discuss these experiences and if you would find it helpful to talk to someone who has “been there.” I hope you find lots of support and friendship here and enjoy the more lighthearted threads too! :)

Welcome! :)
- Luca

Technically I only know about this place while coming across looking for other img boards and finding post from someone who was from a short lived board...
this place really doesn't seem like the fit for an img board type like me

Hi Edward!

I have experienced systemic abuse and ableism as well, in school, foster care, and in the healthcare and mental health system. Partially to do with experiencing racism too, in my case. My stories are very extreme and hard for people to listen to :(

I’m really happy I found this forum, and although I’m not ready to open up about everything that happened, I definitely feel supported and cared about on here. I hope that you have this experience on here too.

Feel free to reach out to me if you need to discuss these experiences and if you would find it helpful to talk to someone who has “been there.” I hope you find lots of support and friendship here and enjoy the more lighthearted threads too! :)

Welcome! :)
- Luca
ig we can relate than , you'd be surprised.. one of my teachers asked for a back massage at 15

ig we can relate than , you'd be surprised.. one of my teachers asked for a back massage at 15
"My stories are very extreme and hard for people to listen to :("

do you bottle it up inside ? nobody cares about my emotional trauma.. it's normally just lectures on how it's victimhood over the systems obvious second class citizen abuse over you as a human being

eventually I just became a borderline nylistic cynic

"My stories are very extreme and hard for people to listen to :("

do you bottle it up inside ? nobody cares about my emotional trauma.. it's normally just lectures on how it's victimhood over the systems obvious second class citizen abuse over you as a human being

eventually I just became a borderline nylistic cynic

I bottle it up too, for a few reasons:

- Like I said, it’s hard for people to hear, it’s upsetting to them

- People sometimes assume I’m exaggerating

- A lot of people can’t relate

- It’s traumatic and hard for me to open up about

- I have difficulty trusting anyone

I can border on being cynical too at times but it’s not my default. I still try to see the good in things.

Welcome!
This has been a great place for me to feel comfortable with.
Hope you find support and understanding here also. :tulip:

Hi @Edward and welcome to the Forums

Don't worry about the term Aspie - it is quite acceptable and some of us have that term as part of the diagnosis

I bottle it up too, for a few reasons:

- Like I said, it’s hard for people to hear, it’s upsetting to them

- People sometimes assume I’m exaggerating

- A lot of people can’t relate

- It’s traumatic and hard for me to open up about

- I have difficulty trusting anyone

I can border on being cynical too at times but it’s not my default. I still try to see the good in things.

Same

does anyone else here have family working for the federal government...

I was dating a lovely lady from the UK..

I Feel she actually understood me , but my mom was against it since we never did Facetime (Personally I'm still angry since I just think she was self conscious after being raped by her evil ex) and if your reading this gracie I love you very much and I'm sorry this had to happen

my dad is a longtime high level federal employee and he told me dating someone overseas can be an issue with ITAR

I swear , everything often just feels just too much too bear sometimes

New Threads

Top Bottom