• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Have you ever ....

I have, many many times.

I think only the company that makes the shampoo wins.

But now that you mention washing hair. How in the world did they end up calling it Sham poo?

I’ve washed my hair because I got out of the shower and forgot to rinse the shampoo, making me have to get back in the shower. Or have crunchy hair.

I’ve washed my hair because I got out of the shower and forgot to rinse the shampoo, making me have to get back in the shower. Or have crunchy hair.

Done that too.

Not knowing I've washed my hair is a quite new thing.

Although they say 3 times is a charm... I've only done it twice, at least I think it was twice...

Yup. Done that. Same with conditioner.

I've also forgotten to wash it or condition it, started to dry off and then realized I have to start over. Do I win anything for that?

Yup. Done that. Same with conditioner.

I've also forgotten to wash it or condition it, started to dry off and then realized I have to start over. Do I win anything for that?

If you'd said 'too late, I'm dry now' that was prizeworthy.

Wonder if hair washing will be in the forthcoming DSM6...

This is weird, did everyone wash their hair today? I did. I've not forgotten to rinse the stuff out, but I have worn my glasses in the shower. Fat lot of help that was:eek:

...wet hair....apply shampoo...massage into a lather and rinse...repeat....repeat....repeat...lol

I've done that.

I've also put both contacts into the same eye because I forgot that I had just put one in that eye.

The thing is, only some of me actually goes in the shower. The body does of course, but most of my mind is elsewhere. Its that way with many routines. The few cells left are doing the best they can...

In a similar vein, I ve tried to go swimming a couple of times without taking any swimming stuff. Apparently a costume towel and washbag didn't seem to get prioritised as I left to swim... I often forget at least one necessary item when leaving the house. Like my lunch or diary or phone. Poor executive function meets being over 60 I guess... with a tad of dyspraxia.

.. The nice thing is that I'm almost to the point where I can blame it on age. Heaven help me if I become even more absent-minded with old age.

An older lady I worked would call her forgetful moments her "half-heimer's" .... because it wasn't quite Alzheimer's.

New Threads

Top Bottom