• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hallo...

Merritt

Hi everyone.

Soo, a couple months ago I was talking to my mother on the phone, and she said sort of out of the blue "Well, I think you probably have Aspergers." My reaction was "Wtf?!" - I hardly even knew anything about what Aspergers was!

Anywho, afterwards I decided to look up a bit about it to try and figure out why she would say that about me, and damn did that click. Since then I've done a whole bunch more reading on the web, book, YouTube, etc.. I also took what seems to be the 'popular' online aspie test and totally nailed it (lol):

Your Aspie score: 174 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 25 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

In a way, it's kind of a relief. It really explains why I am so ****in' weird and unlike anyone else I have ever met. Why no one understands me. Why everyone thinks i'm odd. Why I find making/keeping friends so difficult. Why eye contact is so hard. Etc, etc.

I am considering asking my doctor for a referral to get an official diagnosis, as I know oh-so-many people would just brush it aside otherwise.

Sooo.. hi! :)

Thanks for the welcome :)

I am hoping I can find some people here to relate to and talk with, maybe play online games, etc, I am sure there are several people here who can relate to my difficulties of maintaining a social circle. ;)

I probably should have mentioned: I live in Canada, I am female and 28 years old. Currently job-hunting which is really wearing me down.

Thanks for the welcome :)

I am sure there are several people here who can relate to my difficulties of maintaining a social circle. ;)

That would be me. Offline it comes down to one brother a thousand miles away, one friend 400 miles away and one cousin in town and her two dogs.

Of all of them my best rapport is with the two dogs. Anyways, welcome Merritt!

That would be me. Offline it comes down to one brother a thousand miles away, one friend 400 miles away and one cousin in town and her two dogs.

Of all of them my best rapport is with the two dogs. Anyways, welcome Merritt!

I hear ya - animals have always been my best friends. I am basically estranged from any family, my only ever good friend now lives half a country away from me, I have a 'friend' who talks to me via txt once or twice a week and whom I babysit for - but her I don't know if she is just keeping me around as a convenience, or if she actually does like me at all, or.. whatever.

Anywho, it's great to meet you! Personally I am very friendly and happy to talk. I am trying my best not to explode into rampant verbosity, promise.

New Threads

Top Bottom