• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Greetings

wstout20

Hello all,
My name is Will and I'm joing my first forum at 41! I'm an official ADHDer, with unofficial something ( to me, HF Autism / Aspergers seem to fit the bill). I always new I was not like most people around me, just thought I was horribly broken and weak; it was only once my oldest daughter was diagnosed with adhd and hf autism that the pieces started falling into place for me.
I have forced myself, a square peg; to fit into a round hole for many years. Now at 41, after a long 2 years that sapped my energy faster than I could replace it; I'm burnt-out. I figured joining in with others; who might be like me; might help. Anywho, hello all!

Welcome!

I've found this community to be welcoming and quite diverse, and there's many who started their journeys later in life, so I'm sure you'll fit in just fine. :)

Welcome, Will!

Some of what you mentioned I've been through myself. The circumstances were a bit different. Especially with my mental state being as bad as it was. I felt broken. Unwilling to face myself or reality. Though being with my uncle for 2 years, and joining here recently, has helped get me mentally in a better place and I am becoming far more open to my neurodiversity.

I'm 34 years old, as of yesterday. But better late than never~

Last edited:
Welcome! 37 here. Autism diagnosis been official for close to a decade, ADHD has just been confirmed as well. Hope this place helps you heal and be kind to yourself (and hope you have fun here, whichever you’re looking for most ;) )

Hello and welcome. I’m glad you found us. I hope we can help you make sense of things and that you find a good spot among us.

Hello and welcome to the forum! Well done for taking the step in learning your personal self a bit better, not many people do!

1683404797808.png

Hi and Welcome!

I'm 66, (one of the old timers here) and I wasn't diagnosed until I was in mid-fifties.
There are quite a few of us that were late in life diagnosed.
It really helped me understand myself and my life.

Glad you joined. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom