• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

geeks/nerds/asd

zurb

Eschewer of Obfuscation
You've all seen the 'What's your aspie score' threads. Well this one is your geek score. Are you qualified to post in this section of AC?
Here's the test:
The Geek Test

Total geek. Which I think is about the same as "old geek". I did not relate to much of the test because of my age.

I'm out classed. I'm only 22% – Geek.
Age and upbringing has some influence. Under different circumstances things might have been different.

21% - Geek. Like most online personality tests the options are limited (even more in this case since it was all or nothing, no inbetween) so a bunch of the answes weren't open to me since we don't have them in England. No A/V club and band stuff, disecting frogs etc.

I wouldn't call myself a geek...
Thankfully Pokemon Go caught on big in the U.S., so I can use it without people judging me for having my phone on.

25.8 % Total Geek.

As others mentioned this is age biased and not an accurate reflection of who I am. :(;)

14% - Geekish Tendencies.
I've always regarded computers as a means to an end, not the most interesting thing in and of themselves. Sustainable technologies such as smart grids and renewable energy on the other hand...

So l have met a person, who does information dumps 24/7,(lol). And has very technical degrees up the wahoo. Yet is still very down to earth. Are some nerds not autistic? Is that a given? Can you be autistic and not be nerdy? This is just a general question, not intended to offend anyone. To me, being nerdy is a compliment.

So l have met a person, who does information dumps 24/7,(lol). And has very technical degrees up the wahoo. Yet is still very down to earth. Are some nerds not autistic? Is that a given? Can you be autistic and not be nerdy? This is just a general question, not intended to offend anyone. To me, being nerdy is a compliment.
Nerdy does not equal autistic. The two do seem to go together, but it is far from a 100% correlation. The primary trait of autism is a disability in social interaction.

I like to think of ASD as constant nerd-mode, whereas NTs can kind of drift in and out.

Obviously this isn't a concrete definition and it technically doesn't mean anything at all, but I think it illustrates how a lot of us are looking at the the technical side of things by default rather than as an optional point of view.

New Threads

Top Bottom