• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

gaming handle origin

new_goth_riot

i wanna know what your gaming handle is and the origin of it. my gaming handle is LupusCCCLIX which translates as wolf 359 because i am a massive star trek fan and one of my favourite two parts episodes was the star trek the next generation episode " the best of both worlds" which featured the fight against the borg in the aforementioned red dwarf star , also i find latin interesting and decided to see what it translates as (CCCLIX, being 359 in roman numerals) hence my gaming handle. anyone want to share the origin of thier gaming handle?

Raggamuffin - as I heard the word in a lot of Jungle and Breakcore tracks and I loved the sound of it. I guess it was more apt when I had dreadlocks.

Ed

Online handle/username for just about everything is what you see as my former one aged like milk quite poorly

I came to use my current name as follows:

I used to use LOSTxPROPHIT (Lost Prophet), which I got from an online xbox gamertag generator in 2009 as 12 year old me wanted something that sounded "cool and awesome" as all young kids typically do for online names, and I used it until several years ago, as a Welsh rock band that I'd never heard of until around 2014 or 2015, dubbed Lost Prophets, had their Lead singer be convicted of an absolutely disturbing crime (you can find out yourselves if you wish, as I don't want to upset anyone who may have gone through similar experiences), and people would often, from time to time, associate the two, but wouldn't really believe me when I told them that my name was just a coincidence and was absolutely unrelated.

And so current one that I use for almost everything now, Isadoorian, comes from the old nickname one of my grandpa's used to call me by, Isadoor (Is a Door); As when I was much younger I'd be right in front of the TV when he was trying to watch something, mainly hockey, and he liked to have the volume quite high, so he'd be hollering at me to get out of the way but I wasn't able to hear him.

"He's not a window, so he's gotta be a door!"

and that's how Isadoorian was born.

It's Misery in most places, same as here. No numbers or symbols on it or anything.

I started using it on a forum awhile back (years ago) when I couldnt get whatever other names I was after. I got frustrated, and figured "okay I'll just pick something from some game I played recently", and I'd been playing Cave Story, which is where the character in my avatar is from. Misery is her name, so from there it was mine too.

I wasnt originally intending on sticking with it, but with me being so negative and sarcastic all the time, I was told "it's totally suited to you" so many times over the course of a week that I just stuck with it. And then I got used to it. After getting involved with the indie scene on Steam, then it REALLY stuck. I'm actually in the credits of... er... 3 or 4 seperate games, all under this name (as I dont use my real one when I can avoid it).

Every now and then though I'll have to use some other name. "Lilith" is the backup name (from Binding of Isaac). Except online with the Switch, where I used the name "Armitage". It wouldnt let me have any other bloody name, so that's the name of an old anime I'd been reminded of recently and I was too lazy to try to think of something better. I figured, "SURELY nobody took that one", and then whaddya know, I didnt have to throw the thing down the stairs after all. Not that it mattered that much... I mean, it's a Nintendo console, what the heck was I really going to do online with it other than Mario Maker?

I make up a bad pun or wordplay for whatever account I need to create. I’ve used:

Half_Baked_Alaskan
Midas_Well
Bakers_Dozing
Inca_Hoots
Counting_Montys_Crisco
Sharon_Cheryl_Ike

New Threads

Top Bottom