• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Forgotten 80s Music

Mercury blues by David Lindey, I bought a 1980 yellow turbo charged mercury Capri loved cruising with my long haired blonde wife beside me, with the song cranked up, windows open. Cruising up and down the main drag of Toronto (Yonge Street). Those were the days.

Riva, Rock Me
Yugoslavia's only Eurovision win - just two years before the country descended into genocidal conflict. Those who yearn for one more UK win, be careful what you wish for...

Last edited:
This song is semi forgotten as you don’t hear it on the radio very often, the album it was on is out of print and hard to find on Cd and only on iTunes for literally a year before disappearing, and is never included on any 80s compilations despite being a popular song that made it to the Top Ten on the charts when it came out.

Then there’s this song from a group called Ta Mara and the Seen. This song made it into the Top Thirty of the charts.

Gowan now sings with Styx. I did not know that watched him with his own band in the late seventies. classically trained pianist. before I got married ( 1980). my favorite pass time's was watching up and coming bands play. He had a set of dueling organs .him and another musician.

Last edited:
Styx originally had Dennis DeYoung as the lead singer and keyboardist, but I don't think he and the guitarist Tommy Shaw were getting along.

Lawrence Gowan was already big in Canada because of "A Criminal Mind" and a few other hits.

I got their band logo as my first tattoo. Life choices.

Ended up getting it lasered a few times, then covered by my blackout sleeve. Yet you can still make out bits of the original tattoo underneath:

Suicidal Tendencies - Waking The Dead

Ed

Styx originally had Dennis DeYoung as the lead singer and keyboardist, but I don't think he and the guitarist Tommy Shaw were getting along.

Lawrence Gowan was already big in Canada because of "A Criminal Mind" and a few other hits.
Gowan is a amazing organ player which makes sense, classically trained watched him play her in Toronto many years ago did not know he joined Styx.

Lots of good musicians up here, my cousin probably one on the best drummers in the GTA, runs his own hair dressing shop. As he tells me no money in music any more.
The real Eddie Scissorhands.

Last edited:
Outside of "It's My Life" and a few music geek circles, Talk Talk has been nearly forgotten. They made some killer songs though, especially on Spirit of Eden, which is pretty ahead of its time.

Wire's 70s output is far better known among music geek circles, but this song is the closest to a hit they ever had in the US, peaking as high as #2 on the Alternative music charts in 1989. Of course, like almost all 80s alternative that's not The Cure or REM, it has been completely forgotten over time.

I found out about this tonight: in 1986 Chicago remade 25 or 6 to 4, one of their better songs. There's a reason this 80s version has been forgotten: it is really really awful.

New Threads

Top Bottom