• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Forgotten 80s Music

Sci-Fi totally. :) The band title a famous Russian Sci-Fi film as well as song title the Ray Bradbury book. Is that the Face on Mars feature in the cover art?
Yes, I suppose it is :) There's also a 2014 remastered version with a different cover which also features the face.
Ina Deter Band - Neue Männer braucht das Land

Yes, I suppose it is :) There's also a 2014 remastered version with a different cover which also features the face.
Ina Deter Band - Neue Männer braucht das Land

Oh, I'm getting that 'not available' block, but I know that song well. Liked the way she rolled or trilled her consonants! :D

Nena was one of the more commercial artists, but this is a lesser known gem. Very atmospheric with quite an unusual mesmerizing rhythm to match the lyrics, very well done.
Nena - Satellitenstadt

Paul Hardcastle, 19
Is this really forgotten? When Paul Hardcastle was interviewed for the BBC's I Love the Eighties series in the Noughties(!) he said it was probably the least-often played number one from that decade. Perhaps this is no longer the case.

Paul Hardcastle, 19
Is this really forgotten? When Paul Hardcastle was interviewed for the BBC's I Love the Eighties series in the Noughties(!) he said it was probably the least-often played number one from that decade. Perhaps this is no longer the case.

I considered adding this song too! It was my favorite dance song, even though the subject matter is pretty dark.

Major Tom by Peter Schilling -- possibly too commercial, but here is a live German version. I adore this song.

I didn' t know there were so many fans of Neue Deutsche Welle and German songs :D

Some lesser known Alphaville songs:
The last one has a very long intro, you might want to fast-forward. The tune is catchy.

Klaus Nomi, a real unique talent, died well before his time.

This one I find particularly poignant, singing a song about death while he knew he was dying.

I know this band. Other Hungarian bands of note active during this time are: Solaris, Skorpio, Kormoran, Panta Rhei, East. This is superb:
Solaris Marsbéli Krónikák the Martian Chronicles 1984 Full Album
I know this band. Other Hungarian bands of note active during this time are: Solaris, Skorpio, Kormoran, Panta Rhei, East. This is superb:
Solaris Marsbéli Krónikák the Martian Chronicles 1984 Full Album

This reminds me of this:

John Wayne- War of The Worlds

The whole musical (tracks)
https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFV_pTSMduaURY4rVeOeWDCIWcgdAW7PZ

I didn' t know there were so many fans of Neue Deutsche Welle and German songs :D

Some lesser known Alphaville songs:
The last one has a very long intro, you might want to fast-forward. The tune is catchy.

Summer in Berlin is still a favorite of mine :)
This one got a lot of airplay there. Sudwestfunk Baden Baden. I wonder if Radio Luxembourg still exists.

Check out the time traveler at 2:52. Speaking of Time travel, what's Lady Gaga doing back in 1983?

;)

New Threads

Top Bottom