• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone here believe we are in the biblical end times?

I see this is a fairly old thread, but I'll reply anyway.

The bible was written by normal human beings during a time of extremely high superstition and the original bible has been altered and translated throughout history so a modern bible is likely to be quite different to how it was originally written. I also believe that many of the stories were meant to be taken as fictional stories with a meaning, yet have been taken literally. Religion can be an extremely powerful way to indoctrinate people even today and these people are often compelled to indoctrinate others including the most vulnerable who are children. Our mortality is what makes many people turn to religion and/or when bad things happen in life because it can be a comfort, many people are also attracted towards religion because of our primitive instinct to belong to a tribe and that is often when religion becomes dangerous where there can be hatred of other religions, conflict and/or so called "holy wars". Predicting an apocalypse also reminds people of their mortality and their lack of control, this is a powerful way of recruiting into some religions and to keep existing members.

If we are heading towards some sort of end times however I can say with absolute certainty that it's got absolutely nothing to do with the bible.

The bible was written by normal human beings during a time of extremely high superstition and the original bible has been altered and translated throughout history so a modern bible is likely to be quite different to how it was originally written. I also believe that many of the stories were meant to be taken as fictional stories with a meaning, yet have been taken literally. Religion can be an extremely powerful way to indoctrinate people even today and these people are often compelled to indoctrinate others including the most vulnerable who are children. Our mortality is what makes many people turn to religion and/or when bad things happen in life because it can be a comfort, many people are also attracted towards religion because of our primitive instinct to belong to a tribe and that is often when religion becomes dangerous where there can be hatred of other religions, conflict and/or so called "holy wars". Predicting an apocalypse also reminds people of their mortality and their lack of control, this is a powerful way of recruiting into some religions and to keep existing members.

If we are heading towards some sort of end times however I can say with absolute certainty that it's got absolutely nothing to do with the bible.
Well said - I agree entirely.

I would just like to add that many or the prophecies and visions or religious experiences from the past could be explained by epileptic fits or metnal health issues, causing people to hallucinate, see things or feel a presence that they can't otherwise explain. Now we know that these can be caused by an epileptic fit, mental health issues, psychogenic substances or even synaesthesia, but up to a few decades ago, these were unknown, and other explanations were sought, such as having a relgious experience or being in touch with the devil.

As has already been pointed out, the world has usually been in chaos of one sort or another throughout human history.

The bible mentions the future (from it's perspective) but does not talk about anything specific, for example computers, ICBMs or aeroplanes. There have been many wars, famines, fires and times when many people thought that society was so very immoral because old standards had been thrown out.

As has also been mentioned, there is such a thing as a self-fulfilling prophecy. It can be extremely harmful to believe that the world is about to end if in fact this end is not inevitable. Such beliefs would make a person much more likely to add to the problems of pollution, much more likely to go to war, much more likely to order the launch of nuclear weapons.

The bible is a long and complex book. A wise person can use the stories to provide useful lessons, I am not against the entire content of the bible per se. However a fool or con artist can easily use the stories to encourage behaviour which results in bad things. We only have one planet, it seems to me that regardless of what you believe may happen we ought to treat this planet as though our great-great-great grandchildren are going to live here. To treat the planet as disposable is bad, and I would argue that any absolute conviction that the end is near is a belief without good foundation and is not conducive to good moral behaviour.

I am not into conspiracies, but there are a lot of things making me go WTFreak? Let's just say if the sky were filled with aliens tomorrow, or another pandemic came along, or there is WWIII with biowars and nuclear and gods know, or one-world currency to try to starve us out....... I would not be overly surprised.

What does surprise me is that human can't be destroyed. We chew up space, the oceans, leave our trash in holy and scared places, murder animals even for fun, kill each other in wars, probably killed off the Neanderthal and maybe even the Annunaki for all I know.....Humans hate each other, fight all the time, leave each other behind......

------gods almighty. And yet we are thriving and always will. End of the world? That would take a grand collision with a massive celestial object ----cuz we set up camp and we aint goin nowhere.

Another really obvious sign of the end times will be the building of the Third Jewish temple in Jerusalem (Ezekiel 41-44), which could take years considering the current political climate. Considering that the Al-Aqsa mosque is sitting on top of the foundation, Jordan controls the site and Jews cannot set foot on it, rebuilding now would be extremely difficult to do. Until we see all of that change, we know that there's still plenty of time left. How much time, though, we don't know nor are we supposed to know--nor should we even care. We end-times Christians are simply supposed to practice holiness and do good to others whenever we can. That should be our focus.
just as a reference I think of the Al Aqsa mosque as the giant Ferrero Rocher for future discussion

you obviously have a problem with religion and wanted to moan about it, the op was about the end times, not!an excuse to have a tantrum about other people believe
As has already been pointed out, the world has usually been in chaos of one sort or another throughout human history.

The bible mentions the future (from it's perspective) but does not talk about anything specific, for example computers, ICBMs or aeroplanes. There have been many wars, famines, fires and times when many people thought that society was so very immoral because old standards had been thrown out.

As has also been mentioned, there is such a thing as a self-fulfilling prophecy. It can be extremely harmful to believe that the world is about to end if in fact this end is not inevitable. Such beliefs would make a person much more likely to add to the problems of pollution, much more likely to go to war, much more likely to order the launch of nuclear weapons.

The bible is a long and complex book. A wise person can use the stories to provide useful lessons, I am not against the entire content of the bible per se. However a fool or con artist can easily use the stories to encourage behaviour which results in bad things. We only have one planet, it seems to me that regardless of what you believe may happen we ought to treat this planet as though our great-great-great grandchildren are going to live here. To treat the planet as disposable is bad, and I would argue that any absolute conviction that the end is near is a belief without good foundation and is not conducive to good moral behaviour.
And I disagree that what the bible says is without foundation you twist the facts to suit yourself

The reasons for all the chaos in the world is due to complex environmental, political, social, and economic factors. Humans have lost their indigenous connections to the earth, healthy foods, and ar exposed constantly to thousands of dangerous chemicals in air, water, food, and even clothing daily. Fetus are poisoned in the womb with all the crappy processed junk food we eat.

People are economically stressed and parents both work to give their families everything they need. This leaves many children alone without proper role modeling, emotional security, and way too much time to go online.

People have more real addictions more then ever in history. This is not due to God, or Satan, but due to complex issues such as recurrent exposures, societal acceptances, ease of access, poor coping mechanisms, and genetic predisposals.

Humans have always fought over material possessions, spouses, and land. We are opportunistic, greedy, jealous, intelligent life forms. Social media in 21st Century encourages bullying, materialism, greed, capitalism, gossip, anger, and frustration. Observe any teenager, and see how they try to fit in according to the Kardashians, Paris Hilton, Beyoncé, or whomever is currently in fashion. Observe all the wants and “needs “ pushed on people to buy more things, consume ever more goods. We never have enough. This causes a lot of negative things in society. Maybe that is the “evil force” you speak of?

Our modern society squeezes us ever closer together in dense urban regions where there is lack of resources, lack of safety, and lack of the most basic necessities of food, safety, security, education, etc. Social issues and ongoing racism cause inner city crimes and gangs. Not God or Satan.

People cannot afford rent. Or food. Or clothings. Jobs do not pay us what we need to live healthy safe lives. Our governments cater to the top 5% and the rest, especially if poor be damned. This is not Satan, it’s not god, it’s government and corrupt politicians.

People keep procreating regardless of the planet’s over population. What the hell are they thinking? If one cannot afford to have children, why oh why would you bring a child into this world? So many children are abused, abandoned, raped, killed, starved. The survivors may grow up traumatized enough to go and proceed to do all the same bad things to others, or they may be so traumatized that they are mentally ill and have a hard time coping, are suicidal, take recreational drugs, become alcoholics, etc. this is not god or satan’s Doing but mankinds.

People judge each other extremely badly. The worst judges are the deeply religious. They hate anyone not following their rules. Anyone not heterosexual. Anyone choosing to end a pregnancy is going to “burn in hell.” All these beliefs of non acceptance is evil- and not “god.” It’s “evil” because some human says to hate people that are different, and outside the norm. Anyone spreading hate and judgements is evil, but it’s a human made “force.”

Religion can be “an evil force.” Religion along with race and culture (non acceptance of others) has caused more wars, death, and suffering than any other war, or issues in the history of mankind on this earth. It’s never ending, this warring over religious beliefs. The crusades were one. The Holocaust was not just about religion but so much more, too, but must be included here. None we have had modern day wars in the Middle East. The issues going on now over religions in Africa, Myanmar, the Taliban, etc are all man made issues using an artifice of religion. Religion is the evil force.

Why can’t humans get along? We have been killing each other and stealing each other’s possessions since the beginning. We kill and destroy and disrupt everything that lives on the earth. The Bible says that we are supposed to do that. Use everything for our benefit. We rape and pillage the environment and destroy the rain forests, and kill anything in our way, and it’s all in the Bible that we are allowed to do that. In the USA, the currant governmental head of the environment strongly believes in the Bible and very literally at that.

The Christian Bible is the basis of that “evil force” called “manifest destiny.” That’s basically when early Christianity went on to pillage and conquer others and take everything over. The basic of taking the land , water, and animals - and “using it for your benefit “is written in the Bible.

Then later on, white Brits, Dutch, French, Europeans, etc did that to India, American and South American Indigenous people, as well as the Africa and Australia. God supposedly made the land and all it’s resources and gave it to humans. “How could those silly stupid back words natives be sitting on all this rich land and not use it properly? “ was the thinking of the colonists, pillagers, slave owners, religioous zealots, and the new found governments who stole the lands, and all the resources. They continue to do so to this very day. The basis of this conquering and thievery is manifest destiny which can be attributed to the Christian Bible.

The “evil forces” are any strict literalism of ANY religious theology- be it Christianity, Muslim, Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Mormonism, Christian Science, Scientology, and even Satanism (which is generally an artificial construct in an of itself). The literalism that corrupts basic moral rules to live by peacefully. Literal Interpretation of ancient texts, OR those written by leaders who have sociopathic or other mental illness tendencies is plain wrong . That is the “evil force.”

The literal acceptance of words written by one or more people a long time ago which want to ENFORCE strict doctrines and harsh judgements against others who step outside the realm of the rules is plain destructive in this world of over 7 billion people.
I must meet you !!as you know every thought and deed ,utterance of the deeply religious and obviously are not ,can I ask is 'God is supposed to save us makes no sense to me 'connected to the op or is it the usual some arrogant little Christian believes something apart from never ever disrespect the atheist

Last edited:
I don't believe in end times. Most prophecies are self-fulfilled. There are plenty of religious groups who actively work to make it happen. If the third temple triggers a large-scale conflict that's just humans being humans. But I can see the appeal of the idea, tbh. It certainly would make things much simpler if some supernatural force just flew down here to clean up this chaotic violent mess we call the world.
May I ask does the opening poster ,ask you to say if you DON'T believe in the end times! or I(who was born and have lived my whole life in the country of the creators of true English) was incorrect and it asked to have a paddy(tantrum)about non atheism

Giving some serious thought to the literature on Amillennialism and Preterism can have a salubrious, astringent effect on all of the minds out there preoccupied with the End Times and whether we are in them. Also no matter where you ultimately end up on eschatology it is important to start in your readings of Jeremiah, Daniel, Revelation, Jesus' Olivet Discourses (e.g. Matthew 21), etc. with the current audience on the forefront of your mind, the original listeners to those words and consumers of that literature.

I am largely unresolved on the subject and tend more towards Partial Preterism. To my understanding Revelation is a deeply Hebrew book that draws heavily on the prophets who spoke much about or lived during exile times, and aside from using especially Daniel for its expressive language it bears great resemblance to inter-testamental literature, in particular the Qumran's War Scroll. The author wasn't so much into using a bunch of loaded language and references to garner such fanciful ideas as people have been wont to come up with over the centuries, as he was into using the marvelous images and ideas of a well established genre to express profound theological themes.

What should be most important for any Christian reading Revelation is not timelines and endless confusion over minutiae but the awe inspiring themes, general truths, and instructions for the churches. The primary material that is explicitly instructive is the addresses to the seven churches, while the rest is a fantastic exploration of the eschaton, a Greek expression for God's purpose in His Creation and the source of the word 'eschatology'.

General truths that are important for any Christian to dwell on:

-Numbers and cycles of numbers. Hebrew people had a long established tradition of referring back to the acrostic Hebrew aleph-bet and assigning thematic and theological meanings to those numbers so they can be used in a literary context to reinforce important ideas. Seven is the number for 'perfect' and 'complete', and it is particularly associated with God. Twelve is 'complete' in the sense of community. Six is 'incomplete', it is imperfection. Merely understanding these three numbers is the key to appreciating so many raw truths in Revelation, how every cycle of seven is in a way a microcosm, another retelling of the way God sees the whole picture from another point of view.

-The inevitability and ultimate nature of God's plan, His awe inspiring qualities, and the central things to observe and adore in worship. Especially take a look at chapters 4-5 and 21-22. These are the heart and soul of the book, the entire reason that the rest of the content is there. Seriously contemplating and understanding those chapters can be key in melting the iciness of the debate over the whole book and seeing it for what it is: a book chiefly concerned with the adoration and love of God.
Didn't know you were a Christian !as Christians consult other Christians not troublemakers.

We sure are in the last days. 150 million percent. If we can lock down the entire globe, and administer worldwide vaccines, with apartheid for those who have and haven't been vaccinated, then it is a very short step to a microchip in the hand for identification, health records, and financial transactions. And we could do it worldwide, quite easily.

And with all these wars and rumors of wars and brother against brother even in the USA and around the world, and pestilences, I see it very much.

But I think this is just the "birth pangs" and not the actual tribulation- at least I hope so. Because if it were actually the great tribulation (or more specifically- the last 3.5 years of it) there would be a whole lot more suffering than at any time in human history.

Have you noticed every church on earth stopped meeting for a long time, and many are still barred from meeting? Have you noticed good Christians suddenly cursing a lot, looking at bad stuff online, and becoming "lukewarm for Christ"? Have you seen it when you look in the mirror? Me too.

It's time we all guard our hearts and fight for the lives of our souls and the souls of those around us. Time to be on fire for Christ in a way that no one has ever seen. We need to be the people He made us to be. Not self righteous. Not fake corny/good in church. We need to be humble, self sacrificing, serving God and serving mankind, even unto death. We have to be willing to give up that coat for the person who asks it of us. We need to walk that second mile. Because time is short.

I do but maybe the begining of them not sure how long it will take for everything to fully unfold but I do believe we are starting.

We cannot know for sure, Jesus and all the new Testament made it clear that only the Father knows when the world's end will take place. But, it could happen at any time including a time most people would not expect the end times to happen in.

Because of this, we ought to continue to grow and live every day like Jesus is about to come back. Because it could be any moment, we need to prepare ourselves for the second coming of Christ so that way we won't be standing empty when it happens.

We cannot know for sure, Jesus and all the new Testament made it clear that only the Father knows when the world's end will take place. But, it could happen at any time including a time most people would not expect the end times to happen in.

Because of this, we ought to continue to grow and live every day like Jesus is about to come back. Because it could be any moment, we need to prepare ourselves for the second coming of Christ so that way we won't be standing empty when it happens.

Actually we can know around the time just not the date. Yeshua is coming back on Yom Terauh or better known as Feast of Trumpets we just don't know the year. What Yeshua said in the gospels was a Jewish idiom which is why it was said like that.

Actually we can know around the time just not the date. Yeshua is coming back on Yom Terauh or better known as Feast of Trumpets we just don't know the year. What Yeshua said in the gospels was a Jewish idiom which is why it was said like that.
I know it seems like that. But you really shouldn't date set. It might be a different day, and Rosh Hashanah might just be a "foreshadowing" of things to come.

136776106_393228835294676_4114380080014722349_n.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom