• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do Faraday Bags Really Work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had never heard of such a thing before although I instantly recognised the name Faraday and knew what it must be about.goI
I learnt about Faraday Cages about 43 years ago when I first became aware of electronic harassment.
It was disinformation that it could be effective since sub-audio/subliminal harassment isn't affected.
And, yes, the non-existence of subliminal influencing is also disinformation.

An advertising slogan for faraday cages: "Buy the new, improved, Faraday Cage. It's the tinfoil hat- that actually works!"

I'm still not really sure either. If you're that paranoid you could always just pull the battery out of your phone.
It isn't paranoia.
It is reality.
I was gang-stalked for many years without realising my phone was hacked.
I thought turning it off was all I needed to do.
I am no longer that naive.

With new phones, well, most of them, if not all, you can't pull the battery out.
One of the reasons I didn't buy a new phone was due to this.
With the Faraday Bag, I am reconsidering.

An advertising slogan for faraday cages: "Buy the new, improved, Faraday Cage. It's the tinfoil hat- that actually works!"
Yes, there is a lot of disinformation out there about electronic harassment.
Ppl have been conditioned into thinking anyone talking about it has mental health issues.

I don't expect you to believe me, btw.
As Morpheus said to Neo, you have to experience it (or be educated about it through watching the victims of hypnotic trance induction)

I haven't really studied electronic harassment. It's outside my narrow special interests. But with so many reporting Havana Syndrome all accross the globe for many years now, I think it would be foolish not to adopt, for safety's sake the working assumption it does exist.

It isn't paranoia.
It is reality.

Yeah I don't think it has anything to do with paranoia. It's like wearing a seat belt in a car. I don't wear a seat belt because I think I'm gonna crash, I wear it just in case I crash. And I use a Faraday bag just in case, to try to stay ahead of potential problems and avoid all the hassle and wasted time that comes with those problems.

Last edited:
I would make sure to put the phone in Airplane mode (or off) before putting it in the bag. Otherwise, the phone will go to maximum output power trying to sync up with a cell tower, thus draining your battery much faster. A lot of phones don't allow you to remove the battery without special tools. That should change soon due to a recent EU requirement for user replaceable batteries in new cell phones

I absolutely understand why people would feel safer using these, but I wonder if they would also feel unsafe about the potential for being hacked at home on a laptop or whenever they pull their phone out of their bag (it does have to leave the bag occasionally, right?) :confused:.

Pardon me for being extremely naive, but if someone like me starts using one of these (slim chance, but I'm going with it!), does that mean I need cages for all of my electronic devices at all times? I know the technology supposedly exists for reading brainwaves, so does that mean I literally need a tin-foil hat as well, and for what reason exactly?

This is coming from someone who likes the idea of using a VPN on unsecured or untrustworthy networks, by the way, even though I know with 100% certainty that they harvest and sell your data to other companies and make a killing on it. I'm all for that extra level of protection against thieves, but we're living in a world where the corporations who we rely on are already deep into our devices and personal lives... so I don't understand how a Faraday cage solves this riddle.

Also, this kind of reminds me of all the criminals on the dark web who inevitably get caught -- they're not being spotted via TOR's encryption; it's those times when they're just checking their email at the library on the regular internet and someone very intelligent notices some patterns. So again, the analogy of 'does it have to come out of the bag when you make a call'? kind of makes it sound like it's just a scam all around. But I'm very open to being proven wrong.

I know the technology supposedly exists for reading brainwaves, so does that mean I literally need a tin-foil hat as well, and for what reason exactly?
One of the enlightened ones, I see.
Welcome, brother! ;)

The "Tin Foil Hat" thing is part of the establishment's gaslighting.
The intent seems to be to inhibit discussion about "Electronic Harassment".
"Oh, what a wonderful world." :hearteyecat:

so I don't understand how a Faraday cage solves this riddle.
For me personally, it makes it harder to be gang-stalked.
My phone was hacked many years ago and was used to harass me.
At the time, I naively thought simply turning off the phone was enough.
Years later, I discovered that the signal was still traceable, and the only way to "go silent" was to remove the battery altogether.

The problem now is that you can't remove the batteries in new phones, hence the need for the Faraday Bag. :cool:

But then my car also has a unique anti-theft device built into the transmission. A six-speed manual.
Many, if not most U.S. schools have stopped teaching cursive writing. A friend had a plan to change all the lettering on his manual car to cursive, as well as putting a decal of a stickshift on the driver door window, to discourage theft.

a short duration of wear and tear renders them worthless, when some degree of signal is getting out, usually do to a small hole or tear in the material.

After three of such covers all failing, I pretty much got used to not using them at all.
Most Dollar Tree type stores have various new empty metal boxes (for gifts, or what have you). You could always use one of those as long as the phone fits in it. With the metal lid on, they make excellent faraday boxes.

Attachments

• il_fullxfull.jpeg
    il_fullxfull.jpeg
    119.4 KB · Views: 27
Most Dollar Tree type stores have various new empty metal boxes (for gifts, or what have you). You could always use one of those as long as the phone fits in it. With the metal lid on, they make excellent faraday boxes.

Then you need something to make a non-conductive inner layer in the metal box. And it has to be completely air and water tight, no gaps at all between the lid and the box.

Last edited:
Pardon me for being extremely naive, but if someone like me starts using one of these (slim chance, but I'm going with it!), does that mean I need cages for all of my electronic devices at all times?

No it's just handy if you want your phone to be invisible and make sure no one can connect to it or do anything to it. Phone or whatever electronic thing you want to protect.

I don't own a cellphone. I was using them for my electronic key fob for my car. And of course when I come home I simply put the fob into an unused microwave in my laundry room, which blocks off signals without any wear and tear factor.

Another way you can be stalked:

Magnetic Mini Gps Tracker​

A magnetic GPS tracker is easy to place on your vehicle, truck, or asset. A GPS tracker either comes with an in-built magnet or a magnetic case. The magnet attached is powerful & durable and does not easily get worn out. Moreover, if placed correctly, no matter how rough the terrain is or how high speed you are driving, they won’t fall.
Someone could simply place it on your car. :cool:

Q&A:
Q1: Do I need to pay extra monthly product service fee?
A1: No, this product can be used for free without any service fee. The seller will help us activate it for free.
Q2: What is the usage range of this MINI GPS?
A2: Whether you are at home or abroad, as long as you have a mobile phone signal, you can use our products.
Q3: What is the battery life?
A3: Standby time is about 180 days.
Q4: If this project uses 4G data network transmission, what will happen when you may not have 4G available in the west?A4: If the tracker cannot locate 4G service in a specific area, it will try to fall back to available 2G. 4G coverage in the U.S. is pretty extensive, though. Also, keep in mind that trackers use GPS satellites to know their location, not cell towers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom