• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do Faraday Bags Really Work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can do this with google's own emails that they keep sending you too, they send me security alerts all the time because I run a secure system and they can't verify that I'm really me.
That's what happens to me in using multiple operating systems.

Your browser should have an option in it's settings for what search engine you use, try switching it to DuckDuckGo.

That's what happens to me in using multiple operating systems.
It happens just by using Linux. If you're using Windows, Mac, Android or IOS google has free access to the device and can scan it for identifying information to verify that you're the same person that logged in last time.

Linux security won't allow such an intrusion.

It happens just by using Linux. If you're using Windows, Mac, Android or IOS google has free access to the device and can scan it for identifying information to verify that you're the same person that logged in last time.

Linux security won't allow such an intrusion.
Oh how I know....lol. But it keeps them on the ball! ;)

Then why buy a phone?

I don’t understand why people put so much stuff on them, but then worry they have too much stuff on them and pay more money to hide that stuff.

If I'm out driving for example and something happens, it's helpful to have a phone so I can call for a tow truck or whatever. And I live alone, if something happens, like a medical emergency, I'm screwed if I don't have a phone because no one will know about it.

I don't have any stuff on my phone, I'm just extra cautious because there is so much scamming and crap going on. Right now someone is building the next generation hardware and software for scamming people and they are very good at what they do. Lets say someone clones my phone and uses it to scam people, that would be a problem. So I'm cautious, I like those bags. I can put my phone in it when I'm in a public place with lots of people for example and then I don't have to think about it.

I do use mine for phone call emergencies when I’m out of the house but it stays shut off unless I need it.

At home I use my landline.

I'm going to buy a new phone soon and put Linux on it just to see how it goes, that'll upset google for sure.
That's the one- and only consideration I have about potentially acquiring a cellphone.

- A Linux-based system.

If I'm out driving for example and something happens, it's helpful to have a phone
I never take my phone out with me unless I'm expecting a call, but I live in a city now.

I figure if there's some sort of emergency there'll be a dozen people standing around live streaming it on to instagram and none of them will think to call 000. That's the way the world seems to be these days.

australia_sydneyaustralia_sydney_humour_humor_funny_sign_signboard-1109941-jpeg.100174

Last edited:
Yeah I live in a different place, not city. It's smart to have a phone with me when I leave my house, just in case.
That would be the whole point of my even owning a cellphone at this point. To take it with me when I leave the house, basically to use in case of emergencies and little else. Especially in an era when public telephones disappeared long ago.

Plus living in the desert, it doesn't take very long in traveling to end up "in the middle of nowhere".

I'm guessing that anyone using a faraday bag or whatever to protect their cellphone is every bit as vulnerable as the ones I used to use to cover my car's keyfob while in my pocket. That a short duration of wear and tear renders them worthless, when some degree of signal is getting out, usually do to a small hole or tear in the material.

After three of such covers all failing, I pretty much got used to not using them at all. But then my car also has a unique anti-theft device built into the transmission. A six-speed manual.

In my country it's astounding to discover how few people can drive a stick these days.

But as I mentioned in a few posts back, I definitely protect my keyfob when at home, putting it away inside a microwave oven I don't use. Effectively cuts off all those signals it puts out.

In my country it's astounding to discover how few people can drive a stick these days.
I don't know when they changed it but back when I got my license my state didn't recognise an automatic license as being valid, and to get a license driving a manual car was obligatory. If you couldn't drive a manual then you couldn't drive.

I'm guessing that anyone using a faraday bag or whatever to protect their cellphone is every bit as vulnerable as the ones I used to use to cover my car's keyfob while in my pocket. That a short duration of wear and tear renders them worthless, when some degree of signal is getting out, usually do to a small hole or tear in the material.

You can find some in good quality that lasts for a while. They're just more expensive.

I remember using aluminum foil and duct tape trying to cover breaks and holes...but it never worked.

No that probably won't work, it doesn't take much of an opening to let signals through. But the ones marked "military grade" are usually better I think. I haven't had any problems.

No that probably won't work, it doesn't take much of an opening to let signals through. But the ones marked "military grade" are usually better I think. I haven't had any problems.
It was easy for me to tell when my Faraday bag failed. Just had to press the little button on my car door. If it worked and unlocked my door, I knew I had a leak in my fob's signal.

Very interesting post.
I use Faraday bags routinely in my work, but I have never even imagined using them for the purpose indicated in this post.

My work is in the electronics design field. Design prototypes are often bare printed circuit boards with very sensitive components. On board EM protections are added to the design late in the prototype stage. Until then, an imperceivable Electro-Static Discharge can randomly damage the circuit. Even if the static discharge is a good distance from the circuit, the EM from the spark can induce damage. This type of damage is extremely confusing as the resulting issue is random and hard to determine if it is a design fault or ESD damage. So, it is a rigid protocol that all prototype boards are kept in Faraday bags unless they are being worked on in ESD and EM safe work areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom