• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do Faraday Bags Really Work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Identity theft is the biggest worry these days, if they get enough information they can start setting up credit accounts and taking out loans in your name.

I keep location off on all my stuff.

Me too but I don't trust it. It was proven years ago that for example Google was doing things they claimed they never did. Like tracking people and devices. Who knows what is going on that we don't know about. Turning something off on a phone isn't a guarantee these days I think.

Then why buy a phone?

Mine is only for emergencies when I’m driving. I keep it shut off with location off.

It also has a VPN.

I just checked and my last phone call made on it was in June.

I don’t understand why people put so much stuff on them, but then worry they have too much stuff on them and pay more money to hide that stuff.

I bet the bag makers are connected to Google anyway.

I’ve never bought a phone.

I get my daughter’s hand-me-downs.

I had her iPhone 4 until about three years ago then graduated to her 8.

I prefer my landline.

Identity theft is the biggest worry these days, if they get enough information they can start setting up credit accounts and taking out loans in your name.

I had identity theft before I even owned a phone. It was domestic abuse. Someone transferred all my assets including my house into their name.

No technology needed.

Most consumers absolutely lust for an ever-increasing sense of convenience.
That's the main driver of it all, I reckon.

PayPal is a concept I just rejected right from the start, not because I believe there's any issues with the company but simply because I didn't like the idea of someone else minding my credit card number for me. I'm quite capable of typing it in myself thank you very much.

Yesterday I got an email from PayPal telling me that I needed to login and update my account details. To me that's pretty obviously a scam as I don't have a paypal account but I clicked on the links anyway just to see where it would take me. It looked very much like a real paypal site.

I had identity theft before I even owned a phone. It was domestic abuse. Someone transferred all my assets including my house into their name.
I recently had a scare and had to get cards reissued with new numbers and had to put a hold on credit checks in my name. You can't be too careful these days.

I type my own phone numbers too.

I don’t keep contact lists.

I don’t phone many people and I know their numbers by memory.

Any I don’t know are in my address book: Yes, my physical address book.

I don’t do SM either.

What would they find if they followed me? Gee … maybe I drove to my mum’s house or the vet. It’s not like I do anything interesting to get all paranoid about.

There was actually a nationwide data breach at the medical lab company where we do blood labs and EKG tests, because our health insurance cards link to our name and address (and medical info, if anyone wants that.)

We are all automatically in a class action and will be paid when it goes to trial.

I get about ten notices per day that my Norton subscription is expiring and I’m in grave danger. I’ve never used Norton.

Is it safe to open them and click unsubscribe even though I never subscribed?

I just keep deleting them.

Is it safe to open them and click unsubscribe even though I never subscribed?
Never click on this. It confirms that the email address is valid and will not stop the messages coming through.

If you use gmail just start dragging and dropping them in the spam folder instead of deleting them. Google will learn and start putting there for you.

You can do this with google's own emails that they keep sending you too, they send me security alerts all the time because I run a secure system and they can't verify that I'm really me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom