• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do Faraday Bags Really Work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonn

V.I.P Member
Retired FBI Supervisory Special Agent and Founder of Delta 7 Group performs three tests to check the signal blocking capabilities of the SLNT® Faraday Phone Sleeve. The tests were performed with an iPhone and RF Transmitter. An RF transmitter is 12x more powerful than cellular and can produce signals up to a mile away. Test 1- Bluetooth 60 mW max output Test 2 - Wifi 100 mW max output Test 3 - Cellular 2W max output Testing was performed with a Spectrum Analyzer. REI OSCOR Green Spectrum Analyzer (10 kHz to 24 GHz) SPECTRATEK, 750 milliwatt VHF transmitter (@ 160MHz) All tests revealed that the SLNT® Faraday Phone Sleeve blocks all signals. Read full blog article on the testing performed by Delta 7: ttps://slnt.com/blogs/news/do-faraday-bags-work-these-4-tests-reveal-the-truth If you are interested in learning more about our testing. Check out our MULTISHIELD® testing results performed by Keystone Compliance. https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/035...

I have one for phones and it seems to work fine. I think those bags are a better invention than the phones. :)

I had never heard of such a thing before although I instantly recognised the name Faraday and knew what it must be about. I did a bit of a quick search to find out why people would want such a thing and this strikes me as being a very honest comment:

"Faraday bags are effective, but they can be compromised. If the bag develops holes or the material wears out, it can start allowing signals through. Some Faraday bags simply aren't any good out of the box."

Why would that be needed if you weren’t a spy?
I'm still not really sure either. If you're that paranoid you could always just pull the battery out of your phone. It makes slighly more sense for usb memory sticks as they can be corrupted if they pass too close to a strong signal.

Also these days you can buy a little metal shield to put in your wallet behind your credit card. Because of the convenient tap to pay ability of the card it's easy enough for someone to walk through a dense crowd with a hand held scanner scanning people's back pockets.

Why would that be needed if you weren’t a spy?

These days people can connect to or scan your phone just by being in the same room/area. There's so much scamming and hacking and crap. And it's only getting worse. So I sometimes keep my phone in one of those bags, it blocks everything. It costs $30 on Amazon.

And of course when I'm out spying it's a must-have. ;)

Last edited:
And of course when I'm out spying it's a must-have. ;)
Many years ago in Melbourne I used to like going to a restaurant and bar that ran a signal jammer. As soon as you walked through the door your phone was dead.

Many years ago in Melbourne I used to like going to a restaurant and bar that ran a signal jammer. As soon as you walked through the door your phone was dead.

I wished for one of those jammers for Christmas last year, for my house. :)

"Faraday bags are effective, but they can be compromised. If the bag develops holes or the material wears out, it can start allowing signals through. Some Faraday bags simply aren't any good out of the box."
That was always my experience with a number of them. They lasted only so long before they were no longer viable. Though I still keep my car's fob inside an unused microwave whenever I come home. Effectively blocks off all signals going in any direction that car thieves can potentially intercept.

Last edited:
I don’t have banking info or GPS tracking / location data, Apple ID, and I’ve never used Siri.

My phone is for phone calls.

I don’t even keep contacts on it.

If anyone gets a hold of my phone, all they’re going to find is thousands and thousands of dog photos and out of context text messages. I don’t have Apple Pay set up or anything and I don’t even have music or Siri. My primary email account isn’t even connected to it.
Not much to see here lol

I don’t have banking info or GPS tracking / location data, Apple ID, and I’ve never used Siri.

My phone is for phone calls.

I don’t even keep contacts on it.

I don't have those things either, although I'm not sure about the GPS/location data. What stops the phone manufacturers or companies from always tracking phones no matter what we turn on or off. I'm just cautious because there is so much tech crap and scamming going on these days and those bags are a simple way of making sure my phone is off-limits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom