• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Describe something you do that mildly irritates others but you do it anyway.

I am grateful for this post. I can relate to a lot of people on here.
My annoying habits include a few similar ones. I always take forever to get ready and most often have to rush back to get something I forgot or I will get very upset. It makes getting to things on time a bit more difficult or upsetting for others who like to be punctual.
Another would be my errant disregard for Grammer and punctuation. My apologies to those it is irritating to. I am not the best at grasping that area of language.
The one that happens most frequently is I psychoanalyse ever conversation, the tv, music, etc. Basically everything. It is annoying to others more often than not. It's just my survival technique. Emotions are difficult to handle regardless of source.
I also get very mean and hurtful when I feel threatened. It's easily triggered by high levels of emotions in my environment or being overloaded by stimuli.
That's the ones I can think of right now.

Men are irritated by me because l like my independence. l can wiggle too much, stim. l like to turn any situation into comedy routine, l can over-repeat sentences, due to living with abusive ex who ignored me for at least 6 of our 18 years of our unholy union, married to Satan.

I've spent a lot of time trying to think of one and there must be some because people yell my name a lot and I've been told I'm annoying, but I can't think of anything!! I usually don't know what it was that bothered them. :eek: I was going to say "be myself" but Autistimatic kinda stole that one. :rolleyes:

Maybe not understanding what someone says right away, but the thread sounds more like it's supposed to be something intentional.

I wash my hands before and after doing anything... I offend some people because I have to wash my hands if I'm in their home, if they shake my hand, etc.

i do a lot of things that annoy other people, sometimes extremely so. im fully aware that it irritates them, but i dont care, and do it anyway, and i will often refuse to change anything, for anyone. i just like being myself, and other people should just go with it.

i also expect a lot from other people, and i usually dont let up on it.

Correct people on things they said that don't necessarily relate to the topic.

Them: My son comes home from college on May 16th. Only 136 days!
Me: Actually, it's 123 days now. I think you counted from the beginning of the year.
<awkward pause, sideways looks>
Me: So...you're excited for them to come home?

Some guy: the diameter of the earth is about 8,000 miles and the circumference is 3 times that.
Me: wouldn’t it be 3.14 times that?
*silence*
Me: you know, pi?
Some guy: well the earth’s diameter isn’t the same in every place because of the rotation of the earth....

Lol, it wasn’t until hours later I realized he was trying to impress me and I messed it up. Per usual.

Comment the movies. Sarcastically.

Also, there are some moments when I agree and nod at what others say without listening. People get annoyed when they catch me doing it, but, well, I just don't care.

Apparently referring to vegetables as "veggies" is highly annoying according to some other people. But it's just so much more fun to say and easier to spell.

It annoys people that the moment they start talking about their children I lose interest, but I'm never gonna find that subject interesting anyway.

I've spent a lot of time trying to think of one and there must be some because people yell my name a lot and I've been told I'm annoying, but I can't think of anything!! I usually don't know what it was that bothered them. :eek: I was going to say "be myself" but Autistimatic kinda stole that one. :rolleyes:

Maybe not understanding what someone says right away, but the thread sounds more like it's supposed to be something intentional.

You are welcome to put anything you like on this thread. I tend to be interested in where that line is between intentional and not. Certainly my own example leans intentional although it is also in that autistic category of giving people information they do not want which is something I've always done and can't seem to stop doing though I do make an effort. I let it run wild online with strangers on Pinterest.

Comment the movies. Sarcastically.

Also, there are some moments when I agree and nod at what others say without listening. People get annoyed when they catch me doing it, but, well, I just don't care.
I was just explaining to my son today that if I appear to be a good listener I am actually not interested. When I am interested I am likely to blurt and interrupt.

It annoys people that the moment they start talking about their children I lose interest, but I'm never gonna find that subject interesting anyway.
I'm the same way - and I have kids. But I try not to go on about them. I know that no one cares how many words they are saying now. I do save things about my grandkids to start talking about when someone starts talking about theirs. It's my way of getting them to stop. :)

I actually remembered one thing that I do; bounce my knee

When I'm sitting I'll autonomously bounce my knee and I often don't notice it lol, sometimes makes the table shake a little if I'm out somewhere

New Threads

Top Bottom