• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Describe something you do that mildly irritates others but you do it anyway.

I actually remembered one thing that I do; bounce my knee

When I'm sitting I'll autonomously bounce my knee and I often don't notice it lol, sometimes makes the table shake a little if I'm out somewhere
My Grandmother was and my brother is a knee bouncer so I always look upon knee bouncers quite favourably.

Talk to my wife in a bubbly tone BEFORE she has had her two cups of coffee in the morning. This might be funny but to her it's no joke and yes I let her see what I post.

Explaining things in too much detail, veering off topic and expressing too much empathy, off the top of my head. I try to stay aware of these behaviors, to avoid being bothersome, but, usually, don't realize I have gone in any of these directions until the other person/ people begin to appear annoyed with me.

Last edited:
Some guy: the diameter of the earth is about 8,000 miles and the circumference is 3 times that.
Me: wouldn’t it be 3.14 times that?
*silence*
Me: you know, pi?
Some guy: well the earth’s diameter isn’t the same in every place because of the rotation of the earth....

Lol, it wasn’t until hours later I realized he was trying to impress me and I messed it up. Per usual.

I keep seeing this post every time I log in and check my notifications. It gets better and funnier every time I read it!

Its a true story too, happened just a couple of days ago. And even funnier, he’s a retired math teacher!
Haven’t seen him since.

Guilty on that one too, though not with numbers because I can't do mental math. Your comment reminds me that I am prone to saying 'I think you mean X' when I should be responding to the main idea of what was said and not how it was said or the small errors in it.

I wish I could get those closest to me to answer for me, because I would probably laugh for 40 minutes straight at how much I drive them nuts.

Off the top of my head, the primary thing I'd say annoys people about me is my tendency to correct literally everything. My best friend will say something, and my tendency is so predictable that he follows it up immediately with "Don't 'actually...' me" to preempt my inevitable corrections. :laughing::tearsofjoy:

I'm the "actually..." guy.

In my defense, people should be more careful with what they say.

I wish I could get those closest to me to answer for me, because I would probably laugh for 40 minutes straight at how much I drive them nuts.

Off the top of my head, the primary thing I'd say annoys people about me is my tendency to correct literally everything. My best friend will say something, and my tendency is so predictable that he follows it up immediately with "Don't 'actually...' me" to preempt my inevitable corrections. :laughing::tearsofjoy:

I'm the "actually..." guy.

In my defense, people should be more careful with what they say.

I do that too. I'm most likely to do it to family because they are the ones I'm most likely in a serious conversation with. I do it online quite a lot and just yesterday I typed on Facebook 'Actually that's a tortoise'. I like accuracy and if it turns out I am wrong I want to know the correct answer.

New Threads

Top Bottom