• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Describe something you do that mildly irritates others but you do it anyway.

Have a train of thought in my head and then say something, which to others is completely random, and I don't give context because I know what I'm talking about because I had the conversation in my head already lol

Rant over - back to the question :) One thing I do that annoys my partner is that I'm always putting his left-over food back in the fridge when he actually wants it left out so he can pick at it - I do it becuase I'm worried about the food spoiling and going off.

I do this exact thing so I read your response out loud to my partner and he laughed. However, the next thing you mentioned, the not being able to get ready to go out without delay and distraction is totally my partner. He is probably on the spectrum too or at least has ADHD. We are generally pretty accepting of each other's foibles.

Rant over - back to the question :) One thing I do that annoys my partner is that I'm always putting his left-over food back in the fridge when he actually wants it left out so he can pick at it - I do it becuase I'm worried about the food spoiling and going off.

I do this exact thing so I read your response out loud to my partner and he laughed. However, the next thing you mentioned, the not being able to get ready to go out without delay and distraction is totally my partner. He is probably on the spectrum too or at least has ADHD. We are generally pretty accepting of each other's foibles

One of the things my partner loves about me is that I cannot remember jokes at all so he is free to tell the same ones over and over. We both also love random facts. So....get yourself one of those kinds of people!

One of the things my partner loves about me is that I cannot remember jokes at all so he is free to tell the same ones over and over. We both also love random facts. So....get yourself one of those kinds of people!

You also don't remember when you've already said something? LOL (It posted twice. lol)
Or are you testing to see if any of us have the same problem. :)

Have a train of thought in my head and then say something, which to others is completely random, and I don't give context because I know what I'm talking about because I had the conversation in my head already lol

My Dad does that all the time and drives my Mum nuts but the family joke is that I 'speak Dad' so I interpret for him.

Maybe your computer knew that it was somehow going to put me in a good mood today. :)

This entire thread had made me laugh and laughing makes me happy, so I'm really appreciating this thread.

I love laughing too. So happy to share some laughter with you!

Well, I hope it's not TOO irritating because when I walk across the room any more or change positions that's exactly what my back is sounding like. LOL pop pop pop

I kinda like the sound myself, but my sister can't stand it. Maybe that's why I keep doing it.

New Threads

Top Bottom