• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What effect is the pandemic having on your mental health?

• It is making it easier

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • It is making it harder

Votes: 49 75.4%

• Total voters
I usually don't mind wearing a mask. Sometimes, though, I would partly take it off when I am warm or eating. I also pack hand sanitizer with me as well.

My cousin caught COVID-19 recently while in high school. He is okay so far, but anything could happen. I will be sending prayers his way.

I've had a pair or two of slowly deteriorating pants for awhile, I finally had to bite the bullet today and go shopping...

Yikes!

Discovered for the first time that our local indoor shopping centre doesn't open until 11 AM (really?!), thankfully the clothing store opened as early as 10:30 o_O and I arrived at 10:25, went inside the store (with mask of course, it's the bylaw here for any indoor space) to discover very low stock levels of what I wanted... For those who don't know I live in cargo pants! So after frustration levels got rather high with me, I went away empty handed anyway after all that mental output (visible frustration)

Went just across the street to another store, even there stock was low but at least got what I wanted in between protocols, like waiting for the staff to disinfect a change room

I caught a webinar a couple of months ago about learning patience during this time, something I struggle with at times, about how difficult it is to do simple things that before were just routine... Walk into store, go shopping, find what you need, and leave (after paying for of course)

I've had a few similar situations of delay (Covid related) that have caused me great frustrations, other people seem to just shrug their shoulders

I just really hope this all ends sooner rather than later, but not likely, I'm tired of complicated shopping... :confused:

One of the things I can't get my head around; and it's a bit of a rant, after watching a loved ones metal health deteriorate due to chronic nerve pain,

To date, there are 42 thousand fewer people in the UK (excluding non covid related deaths)
and the NHS waiting times have tripled?

There are separate designated wards, nightingale hospitals and staff for those requiring assistance due to covid19 and yet many surgeries have been cancelled in all other departments?

Applicants for nursing qualifications are up 16% at 47,000 which might suggest there are 30 odd thousand nurses qualifying each year so it isn't like the NHS don't have the resources for after care.

Perhaps I'm missing an important point somewhere?
In my mind, the NHS are taking three times as long to deal with fewer clients.
But that's just me, having a rant :)

I have severe SAD so staying with my meds, it feels like winters not ending with covid19. My meds keeping me stable for now no overdosing on Benadryl that was scary, dying is painful and barfing is not fun.

Governments are going on about a so called virus when one of my friends messaged me that not one window was open when he boarded a bus and that's happened more than once

Governments are going on about a so called virus when one of my friends messaged me that not one window was open when he boarded a bus and that's happened more than once

Why do you say "so called" virus? I know of two people personally whose teen and young adult children contracted Covid. Both of them were in "perfect" health prior to that. According to the mother of one of them, her 15 year old was sicker than any of her three kids have ever been. When he finally got better after a 2-3 week battle, he needed to see a cardiologist to test for lasting heart damage. His heart would race to 180 BPM at night. She said it was awful and the whole ordeal was like nothing the family had experienced. Thankfully there was no lasting heart damage. The other young adult whose mother I know, fared better but was still very sick for awhile. It's real.

"So called" makes it sound like the validity of the virus' existence is in question.

Virus is probably real but when campaigners say it isn't it plants a little seed of doubt. It's counter productive and frustrating when people don't adhere to preventative measures ie keeping windows open

My cousin is feeling a lot better lately. He just lost his smell and taste temporarily, and was slightly congested. My mom and I think he got it from playing hockey at school.

Also, I learned that the IX Center in Cleveland is closing due to the pandemic. I had some fond memories there, like riding that big ferris wheel, going to a cat show there, and even winning a stuffed animal playing a game. That place will be missed.

I am developing a mask phobia.

It is not so much of me wearing a face mask which I do have problems breathing but who doesn't. It is seeing others wearing them that is starting to frighten me.

Let me explain. For the past two months I have been going out nearly every day seeing most wearing face masks. I never liked how they looked but it did not bother me much. As time went by it started to bother me more to the point last week at the park most were wearing them and I looked at guy and it reminded me of a crazed killer. I then saw a pretty girl wearing an mask and she looked not so pretty but like a psychopath.

Now when I go out I have to take my glasses off and look down most of the time which does not work as I still spot mask wearing people. I use to enjoy going out but now I am afraid I won't be able too. Yesterday was bad as after picking up my medication and getting dinner I nearly had a panic attack. I contacted my friends from Church and they called me back one after another giving me encouraging words.

If I have to stay in the house all the time I will also have a nervous breakdown. So now I have no safe haven.

OMG this is tricky sounds prehaps like a delusional phobia, no idea what to advice, do you have a close friend or therapist/ advisor who could give some support?

Going outside seeing it every day must have done something. For those quacks who say exposure therapy works well it does the opposite.

Taking my meds and fighting to stay together in shelter in place and quarantine, i get so sad and loneley but hanging in there. Dyings painful and scary. I dont want to die anymore or overdose or go back to psyche ward.

New Threads

Top Bottom