• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What effect is the pandemic having on your mental health?

• It is making it easier

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • It is making it harder

Votes: 49 75.4%

• Total voters
After my friend told me uncaring or stupid people didn't have bus windows open, I found this on the bus website

'Please leave windows open to
increase airflow'

Even in commercials. They start it in TV shows and I am done watching whatever show. They are starting to bother me mentally.
luckilly im still on my meds but its really depressing and being locked away in shelter in place, it reminds me of winter and i was supposed to be off my meds long ago after last winter ended but now have to keep taking them for an extendended time, SAD sucks especially now! I have to be tired all the time to cope and be stable. Other wise lack of sunlight for long periods of time confined i want to self harm get negative suicidle thoughts its scary. I dont want to go back so taking my meds accordingly its very scary. I just want this covid to end.

I dont want to go back to the Psyche ward id rather go to jail again, its hell and scary so taking my meds to stay stable so i dont go back. I dont want to die anymore or im locked away and restrained and forcefully sedated and there for a long long time never to get out. Im scared at the thought! So taking my meds though i hate em i never ever want to go back its scary. Im shaking at the thought, rocking back and forth, tied down to a bed in an isolation room forcefully sedated and out for hours, sometimes days to wake up tied up in the room ignored and alone for many hours and scared till a pscychyatrist finally talks to me only after many hours later, so much anxiety, im alone and sad.

Last edited:
I dont want to go back to the Psyche ward id rather go to jail again, its hell and scary so taking my meds to stay stable so i dont go back. I dont want to die anymore or im locked away and restrained and forcefully sedated and there for a long long time never to get out. Im scared at the thought! So taking my meds though i hate em i never ever want to go back its scary. Im shaking at the thought, rocking back and forth, tied down to a bed in an isolation room forcefully sedated and out for hours, sometimes days to wake up tied up in the room ignored and alone for many hours and scared till a pscychyatrist finally talks to me only after many hours later, so much anxiety, im alone and sad.

Can you get some of those lightbulbs that simulate natural sunlight? I've read that they are effective in preventing SAD symptoms. Meanwhile, I'm glad the meds are helping you. Jail and the psych ward are absolutely the last resort! Do you have a mental health care professional whom you can contact if things get bad for you who could prescribe something else or take action to help you stay out of the psych ward - or jail? A safety net for yourself if you are really struggling? Just concerned about you, AspieOtaku.

Honestly, I had been living my life as normal despite having to stay home and do nothing and doing home schooling with my kids and seeing how little we spend money on fun stuff. But I did notice I was going to the store more because this was the only way I can have fun and have something to do and we were always buying stuff we needed.

Despite how serious the virus is, I didn't want to spend my days worrying about and if I get it, I get it and if I die, I die.

When my town decided to enforce the mask policy and our public transportation, I had to find a mask that felt comfortable on my face and wasn't sensory hell. Then eventually I found a cloth mask and then medical masks started to feel fine on my face when it got used to it.

I was definitely drinking more energy drinks and I am a homebody anyway so that was how we saw how little we spent our money outside of bills.

I can't vote in the poll because none of the options apply to me. It has stayed the same for me. Only challenge I had was making my kids do school work at home and they preferred to do it at school. I would be a terrible teacher so that is why I never became one.

I got hit with covid 19 and was out of work for 2 weeks. I thought I would be returning to work today because I got out of quarantine on the 19th. Well my husband thought I should call my boss first so i did and I left him ma voice mail. Minutes later he called me back and I find out I needed a doctor release note. If I had known, I would have sent it in when I had enough energy to or when I was feeling better. So I went onto mychart website and snapped a photo of the letter from the doctor about my quarantine and texted it to my boss and he forward it to someone at the main office and told me he would reach out to me again soon.

So another day of work missed but I am hoping I return tomorrow and I am going to call my boss to see if he heard anything yet because he never got back to me.

You have to try to understand he`s point of view as well in this he cant risk you give the rest Covid. The best advice i can give is wait and see and hope for the best . And if possible go get a doctor release note either way so you can show this if anyone is starting to give you grief. Sadly the covid situation in pretty much all US is NOT good so its vital to take all necessary measurements to protect both youre self a well as others around you dear.

Good luck and i do hope you can get back to work soon .

My quarantine ended on the 19th, I didn't know I had to send in a doctor note or I would have done it last week. It was in my charts, it's now done electronically now instead of giving you a piece of paper with a note on it.

My quarantine ended on the 19th, I didn't know I had to send in a doctor note or I would have done it last week. It was in my charts, it's now done electronically now instead of giving you a piece of paper with a note on it.

A okey thats good . Then im sure you will be back soon enough :cool:

I don't understand folks who risk by travelling by bus unless essential or visiting bars, if they want to drink drink at home if they want to chat video call, not all bars and buses have windows open either, it's not just themselves it's others too!

The Spanish flu was horrific too

I want this pandemic to end ive been cooped up for so long in shelter in place, im starting to get tolerance to my medication, bad thoughts starting to creep back ill have to double my intake on meds at the pharmacy, i dont want to go back to psyche ward, im scared and alone this pandemics ruined my life. Im fighting my thoughts of self harm and wanting to kill muself, thinking of those i hurt like my gf my family and friends id hurt by hurting myelf, im crying now i want thos to end and ill get a hold of my doctor or ill go back to the psyche ward, im crying and scared.My meds starting to not work, feeling sad, not seeing why livings worth it locked away. Figjting those thoughts, let me catch the virus so i can die i think but fighting that thought is it a good idea fighting it? I dont know anymore, but also dont want to hurt my gf, family or friendss doing so so hopefully not killing myselfs good.

Last edited:
Took a double dose of Valium than recommended i grew a tolerance abit ill contact my pharmacist in the morning. Feeling tired now.

Took a double dose of Valium than recommended i grew a tolerance abit ill contact my pharmacist in the morning. Feeling tired now.

That's a good idea. The quarantine is affecting everyone's state of mind. We need better coping strategies because it looks like this will continue for many more months. I'm trying to get more exercise because I've gained several pounds (the covid-19?), first time in my life to do that, and feel fat, stiff, lazy and mildly depressed. It's starting to rain here again but I'll take an umbrella and hike up and down our long driveway to increase my heartrate which should make me feel better.

I am finally back at work and my kids started distant learning today and I had to email my kids' teachers asking where I am to go for their class assignments. They have their own devices from the school district too for their school work. I got them up at 8 and told them to have breakfast and then started school.

Our school district is doing distant learning.

I am finally back at work and my kids started distant learning today and I had to email my kids' teachers asking where I am to go for their class assignments. They have their own devices from the school district too for their school work. I got them up at 8 and told them to have breakfast and then started school.

Our school district is doing distant learning.

Hope it all somehow works out for both you and your children. It all looks quite daunting for most any parent.

It's been complicated, can't find the videos for my daughter she is supposed to be doing so I decided to have her just do a page from her booklet that was sent by her school.

For my son it's easier because she has clickable logos on Clever and it says the time on them for when my son is to be there for live sessions. But my daughter's teacher doesn't have that for any videos she is supposed to be viewing.

It's been complicated, can't find the videos for my daughter she is supposed to be doing so I decided to have her just do a page from her booklet that was sent by her school.

For my son it's easier because she has clickable logos on Clever and it says the time on them for when my son is to be there for live sessions. But my daughter's teacher doesn't have that for any videos she is supposed to be viewing.

Looks like one huge headache here in Nevada. Though presently they are following a "hybrid" program where they alternate learning between at home/online and in-class participation. With plenty of educators who seem comfortable with publicly disagreeing with the whole process. I'm just not sure where it's all going, though I suppose what ultimately drives it all remains the number of statewide infected children.

I am very concerned about kids' educations, some kids learn better in class than at home and parents struggling and not everyone has the same apps so it's good our school district provided devices for everyone so they have all the apps as needed and for the parents to use too. Plus the videos for my son's class are laggy and I am hearing every student complain about it to their teacher.

But I also know we can't pretend this pandemic is over.

New Threads

Top Bottom