• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Current book(s) you're reading?

Book.png

are you planning on walking the camino? i'd like to do it sometime, and have a friend who has already done part and another friend who is doing part this summer

Indeed, and likewise only a part. I'd love to do the full 500 miles from France, but alas I don't have the luxury of taking 2 months off work.

i just finished Piranesi and really enjoyed it, surprisingly similar subject matter in my mind to annihilation, which i also read recently.

IMG_9557.jpeg

IMG_9558.jpeg

currently enjoying this one, i hadnt interacted with beowulf since high school english! next on my list is dante's divine comedy

Attachments

• IMG_9630.png
    IMG_9630.png
    123 KB · Views: 58
Little women, wonder woman, grimoire noir graphic novel, lord of the rings, the enchanted forest, a little princess, bookworm by Lucy Mangan
I love them all and reading is my favourite and delight.
If I could never do anything else though I love art, I'd read and read and read some more.
I wish I could read 10 books a day.

Afternoon Men by Anthony Powell
The Single Trap: The two-step guide to escaping it and finding lasting love

I recently finished the book, "An Immense World" by Ed Yong. An incredibly fascinating and profoundly enlightening book. I have learned more about autism from this book than almost any other source, yet the word autism is never mentioned in the book.

I am now reading, "The Climate Book", by Greta Thunberg. Very enlightening.

Before reading "An Immense World", I read "Finding The Mother Tree", by Suzanne Simard. Also astonishingly enlightening. The natural world around us is profoundly more complex than we can comprehend. As much as we celebrate our "intelligence"; the reality is humans are oblivious to what nature even is. The mechanism of this is revealed in, "An Immense World".

I Live Again, a memoir of Ileana, Princess of Romania and Archduchess of Austria. My grandfather played a role in getting her two younger children out of Romania as the Soviets swept in and dropped the Iron Curtain, at the end of WWII.

i'm currently about halfway through my ebook copy of the divine comedy and really loving it! as with a lot of older literature, it's hard to understand word by word, but i get ideas of what's happening in larger chunks.

i like the flowiness of his writing and the way it will occasionally rhyme even in english, it's another one that's very fun to read aloud!

New Threads

Top Bottom