• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Current book(s) you're reading?

"Lila" by Robert Persig. He finds the common values connecting all the sciences, hard and soft. I'm on my third or fourth reading, and still getting more out of it.

0062973215.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_SX500_.jpg

I recommend this book so much. I am not being right in answering the question properly because I am not reading it now but I read it a long time ago and loved it so much I really want someone else to try it.

I have a problem when I read in that I can almost always guess everything that is coming, every sentence, every plot point. No fun. When I read Carter Beats the Devil I had no idea what was going to happen ever. Every sentence surprised me, every chapter.

It is exciting and wonderful and maybe more so if you like magic. He was a real person though this book has fiction and facts in it.

IMG_0868.jpeg

I recommend this book so much. I am not being right in answering the question properly because I am not reading it now but I read it a long time ago and loved it so much I really want someone else to try it.

I have a problem when I read in that I can almost always guess everything that is coming, every sentence, every plot point. No fun. When I read Carter Beats the Devil I had no idea what was going to happen ever. Every sentence surprised me, every chapter.

It is exciting and wonderful and maybe more so if you like magic. He was a real person though this book has fiction and facts in it.

View attachment 113654
I’m getting this! I’ve been reading about vaudeville and carnivals and the 1920s lately, so this book looks right up my alley.

I’m getting this! I’ve been reading about vaudeville and carnivals and the 1920s lately, so this book looks right up my alley.

This book is remarkably accurate in all the details. Even talking about knob-and-tube wiring in the theatre, horse carriages, automobiles at the time, everything. The locations are perfect too. I live very close to one place in the story and I did not know it was there I went to visit to see it. Exciting story. A bit stressful as things become more complicated and urgent but that is the point I think in a good mystery story. I will re-read it as soon as I can. I have to finish my other book first.

I finished Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami.
I didn't like it.

Now I'm reading Gargantua and Pantagruel by Rabelais. It's hilarious.

I finished Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami.
I didn't like it.
I really disliked 1Q84 by Murakami, and it kept me from reading any of his other works till this day. It's the only book I've spite read.

I'm currently reading What is the What by Dave Eggers. It's a biography of Valentino Achak Deng who fled from Sudan and eventually made it to the US as a refugee. Thus far, I'm really enjoying it. I enjoy "escape" stories like that, and it's been quite educative.

1693191113477.jpeg

Cathy Glass. I'm so into her and I find her stories about fostering abused children really interesting, as it's also helping me to understand things some children have suffered with that I never had to.
I don't read books really so I listen to the audiobooks.

New Threads

Top Bottom