• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

wonderingaboutlife02

This might be long but hopefully I will get some responses. I am new here and I am a girl if that makes a difference.

I have always felt different. I'll start with how I act. I do really repetitive movements like stretching my fingers and tapping and moving my hands slightly and moving my foot up and down without really realizing it. This especially happens when I have social anxiety.

my facial expressions have been described as being that i stare at others without realizing, i look mad and blank all day, and my voice is sometimes monotone but sometimes gets sing-songy. I can't really realize the volume of my speaking. i am very sensitive to almost everything: like i can't have bright lights on past 8pm, i need to be listening to music almost all day so i dont hear the variety of sounds in my surroundings, i am sensitive to heat, cold, and especially pain.

my mind plays my thoughts in pictures i never really think words so it seems like my mind is always blank. so when i socialize it is tough, i have a set words i say and its automatic so i dont need to think about saying hi or whatever, i guess it helps me blend in. but when it comes to talking, I have nothing to say except weird facts that i randomly remember from my hours and hours of researching i do everytday. .

people say i can be very rude and honest and i dont realize that what i say is rude. i overreact at friends and i overthink everything and this makes things tough because i always feel like someone is judging me or hating me even though they dont at all. . i have unusual obsession cycles and i spend these hours and hours planning and researching random things that wont happen and stuff im randomly interested in and i make tons of lists and plans obsessively .

i talk to myself in my room to organize my thoughts because its hard for me to think them. i have a hard time talking to others and i have really bad social anxiety . i can be described as an introvert. i am extremely scheduled and everything i do must be planned and it must be the same as always or i freak out. my food preferences are very specific and im very picky.

i work fast in school when i like a subject i can finish the work in half the time it takes others but if i dont like a subject i will completely slack off. i write in a weird position. i am often faitgued/tired and i just want to stay in my room all day. i enjoy music and video games like world of warcraft. ..

my friends describe me as being very funny but i am always the one to never understand other peoples jokes. i am very straightforward and honest!!! my ffamily describes me as being weird and a little bit off especially my sister says that... when i have crushes i seriously obsess over one guy and it gets sorta weird but not too weird.

in class i often take out a piece of paper and start writing random numbers in terms of investments, business plans, random numbers for planning or spending etc idk if that makes ssense but its all i do during class it keeps my head calm in a way... anyways i just wrote a bunch of random stuff hopefully ill get a response thank u all

Yes.

If possible ask your family about your use of speech words and sentences as an infant.

Welcome.

Possibly, and I'm not saying that to put you off. Just because we can't actually diagnose you.

You sound very aspie like to me. I'm no doctor but I'm thinking you could be an aspie.

Keep researching and learning as much as you can. You will know for sure soon enough. It was such a relief when I accidentally discovered what an aspie was. It was so refreshing realizing there was a reason for the way I am. Welcome to the forum!

my mind plays my thoughts in pictures i never really think words

This is exactly how my mind works. Those with ASD operate in the ancient, subconscious mind. The root of ASD, in my opinion. I can't make sense of verbally spoken words so I struggle with listening (primarily one on one). In a classroom I could usually listen really well and understand. I can read fairly well so I'm able to write. But b/c I struggle with listening, I struggle to organize my thoughts and speak in clear English. If you can't hear, you can't speak. If you can't read, you can't write.

This is exactly how my mind works. Those with ASD operate in the ancient, subconscious mind. The root of ASD, in my opinion. I can't make sense of verbally spoken words so I struggle with listening (primarily one on one). In a classroom I could usually listen really well and understand. I can read fairly well so I'm able to write. But b/c I struggle with listening, I struggle to organize my thoughts and speak in clear English. If you can't hear, you can't speak. If you can't read, you can't write.
I can usually stand having a conversation with someone, but after about 1 minute i literally start blocking out everything they say and its really rude of me to do that but i cant control it.

Yes it sounds like you could. Have you spoke to anyone about it or look Into testing.
talked to my therapist about it today. she said i could go for testing but she really thinks i dont have it after 3 years of knowing me. but i do cover myself well and i dont tell the truth about my feelings because i dont remember anything. how does this sound to u?

Yes.

If possible ask your family about your use of speech words and sentences as an infant.

they didnt know how to explain it but they said i mostly quoted tv shows and was really really energetic and weird. does this sound like aspie? im so confused if i have it or not because maybe im like a really weird person or maybe ive been covering it up well bc im a girl so no one really noticed except for people thinking i was a tiny bit off? is it even worth it getting tested? i want to but my parents are skeptical its so expensive here too

Yeah, that sounds like you could have it.

Welcome by the way.

If you haven't taken any screening tests, you could always take the Autism Spectrum Quotient, the Empathy Quotient and the RAADS-R. That might shed some light upon your situation.

Autism Spectrum Quotient:
Autism And Asperger's Quiz | Psych Central

Empathy Quotient:
Empathy Quotient

RAADS-R:
The Ritvo Autism Asperger Diagnostic Scale-Revised (RAADS-R)
i got extremely high scores on that test , higher than the average. not sure about accuracy though.

Let's just say it sounds like you have good reason to have found us. ;)

Think of the tests as a "tool" of sorts. Just not a direct path to a real diagnosis. But you may find it quite valuable to read all the things we have to say, in determining how many traits and behaviors you may or may not have in common with us.

Above all to interact with us, and know that you are not alone. That you may be different, but it doesn't necessarily mean deficient.

Welcome to AC.

Your comments do sound very similar to my own. Perhaps speak to your family doctor about diagnosis

This might be long but hopefully I will get some responses. I am new here and I am a girl if that makes a difference.

I have always felt different. I'll start with how I act. I do really repetitive movements like stretching my fingers and tapping and moving my hands slightly and moving my foot up and down without really realizing it. This especially happens when I have social anxiety.

my facial expressions have been described as being that i stare at others without realizing, i look mad and blank all day, and my voice is sometimes monotone but sometimes gets sing-songy. I can't really realize the volume of my speaking. i am very sensitive to almost everything: like i can't have bright lights on past 8pm, i need to be listening to music almost all day so i dont hear the variety of sounds in my surroundings, i am sensitive to heat, cold, and especially pain.

my mind plays my thoughts in pictures i never really think words so it seems like my mind is always blank. so when i socialize it is tough, i have a set words i say and its automatic so i dont need to think about saying hi or whatever, i guess it helps me blend in. but when it comes to talking, I have nothing to say except weird facts that i randomly remember from my hours and hours of researching i do everytday. .

people say i can be very rude and honest and i dont realize that what i say is rude. i overreact at friends and i overthink everything and this makes things tough because i always feel like someone is judging me or hating me even though they dont at all. . i have unusual obsession cycles and i spend these hours and hours planning and researching random things that wont happen and stuff im randomly interested in and i make tons of lists and plans obsessively .

i talk to myself in my room to organize my thoughts because its hard for me to think them. i have a hard time talking to others and i have really bad social anxiety . i can be described as an introvert. i am extremely scheduled and everything i do must be planned and it must be the same as always or i freak out. my food preferences are very specific and im very picky.

i work fast in school when i like a subject i can finish the work in half the time it takes others but if i dont like a subject i will completely slack off. i write in a weird position. i am often faitgued/tired and i just want to stay in my room all day. i enjoy music and video games like world of warcraft. ..

my friends describe me as being very funny but i am always the one to never understand other peoples jokes. i am very straightforward and honest!!! my ffamily describes me as being weird and a little bit off especially my sister says that... when i have crushes i seriously obsess over one guy and it gets sorta weird but not too weird.

in class i often take out a piece of paper and start writing random numbers in terms of investments, business plans, random numbers for planning or spending etc idk if that makes ssense but its all i do during class it keeps my head calm in a way... anyways i just wrote a bunch of random stuff hopefully ill get a response thank u all
Sure, I don't think there will be anyone here who will say that what you describe is different to what they feel/think - high functioning autism. But we are all different, and so if you doubt then seek 'professional' opinion.

Even still, who is more professional in opinion about autism than those who are on the spectrum? Who knows best about what it is like to live in such a life, but an Aspie? So, you have come to the right place.

New Threads

Top Bottom