• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Coffee. I want to talk about coffee.

Even more coffee humor because I need a laugh:

a559f9d8ba1998978c64a765607ab3b6.jpg

My coffee has cocoa and maple syrup in it this morning because I needed extra cheering up. (Regular coffee cheers me up but hot-cocoa-style coffee cheers me up more.)

Has anyone tried Rooibos Tea? I actually never think of coffee anymore. Not saying I quit coffee. But I'm pretty happy with tea right now. It's soothing.

Although I like the aroma of coffee I've never liked the taste of it, apart from as a flavour in cakes and puddings. This all the more odd considering that I have an Italian surname, am of more recent German ancestry and look Scandinavian. Something obviously went wrong with my genetic inheritance!

Having said that, I'm rather tempted to try @the_tortoise 's idea of spiking it with cocoa and maple syrup. Maple syrup comes from a tree so it must counts as one of your five-a-day, innit? :p

I drink coffee regularly, I prefer it to tea, despite being from England, allegedly a Nation of tea drinkers :D

Do you like coffee? Yes
Do you drink coffee? Yes
Are you addicted to coffee? Yes, literally. I have a stinking headache and vomit if I lapse into withdrawal.
Do you have coffee preferences? Yes, I really like nespresso
Do you have anything at all to say about coffee? I bleed brown, I think my circulatory system is entirely thick, gloopy, delicious coffee.

Do you like coffee? Yes
Do you drink coffee? Yes
Are you addicted to coffee? Yes, literally. I have a stinking headache and vomit if I lapse into withdrawal.
Do you have coffee preferences? Yes, I really like nespresso
Do you have anything at all to say about coffee? I bleed brown, I think my circulatory system is entirely thick, gloopy, delicious coffee.
Check to all of the above, except nespresso.

In Starbucks I ask for (not controlling at all, LOL) flat white, tall, in a mug, decaf (I love normal, but I’m not sleeping very well lately), with soy milk.

Although I like the aroma of coffee I've never liked the taste of it, apart from as a flavour in cakes and puddings. This all the more odd considering that I have an Italian surname, am of more recent German ancestry and look Scandinavian. Something obviously went wrong with my genetic inheritance!

Having said that, I'm rather tempted to try @the_tortoise 's idea of spiking it with cocoa and maple syrup. Maple syrup comes from a tree so it must counts as one of your five-a-day, innit? :p
it is probably because coffee is a laxative and is used as a laxative by therapists !if you have any digestive problems you probably want to avoid it naturally .
you probably know the chocolate is used as a laxative as well

What do people here think of Second Cup? Apparently they're a Canadian chain and they happen to have a branch in my hometown (Leamington Spa).
A review

In my opinion, they are the lesser of two evils when it comes to the expensive coffee shop chains in western Canada. I also think their coffee is a lot better (than Starbucks, which is the other expensive coffee shop chain in the west) -- less burnt, and the various milky drinks I've tried there have been richer-tasting.

it is probably because coffee is a laxative and is used as a laxative by therapists !if you have any digestive problems you probably want to avoid it naturally .
you probably know the chocolate is used as a laxative as well

Yes, too much of either ("too much" can be the same as "any at all" for some people) can have a laxative effect -- although since caffeine is a diuretic (makes your body lose water by increasing urination), coffee can also make some people constipated.

I like the smell of coffee in the bag (in small doses) but I don't like liquid coffee. But I do like those chocolate covered espresso beans. Someone said don't eat too many at once. I can eat a whole bag at once and I don't feel any different.

I like the lemon flavored iced tea cold beverages which are probably 0% iced tea.

I wonder if I'm conditioned to the effects of caffeine and sugar. I used to drink a lot of Mtn Dew ripoffs when I was younger. I could tell when I didn't have it for a few days, it wasn't crazy but I was a little more tired. Nowadays I'll go on binges of Moon Mist for weeks, then one day switch to caffeine-free sugar-free Powerade and do that for weeks. Don't feel any different. Also for awhile earlier this year I'd eat 4 king size candy bars in a day, plus other sandwiches and stuff. When you spend most of your waking hours at work, the gas station next door is your diner. At least I don't drink or smoke. Never felt any different nor changed my weight, compared to when I'd eat a fraction of that and no candy. Knew my finances wouldn't support that kind of habit long term so I pared down what I eat.

Only thing I noticed is what when drinking a ton of Diet Coke, it'd give me leg cramps. No issue with the regular Coke, but by then I was off the fountain pop roll anyway.

I drink coffee pretty often. I like regular coffee with 2 packets of sweetener and lots of powdered creamer. Lately I have eliminated caffeine because I think it was making me edgy, so now I am drinking decaf.

"Originally, coffee was a food, not a drink.
Early East African tribes mixed the coffee berries
(the unhulled bean, also called a coffee cherry) with animal fat,
forming energy balls -- something like primitive Power Bars."
How Coffee Works

Funny, I was just silently whining earlier today about how sick I am of coffee. It’s pretty gross unless you load it up with sugar.

Do you like coffee?
Do you drink coffee?
Are you addicted to coffee?
Do you have coffee preferences?
Do you have anything at all to say about coffee?

I like coffee -- the caffeinated variety. I am mildly addicted to it.

I prefer percolated or french press coffee, but I currently make it in a regular cooking pot on the stove -- "cowboy coffee". (This is to minimize the amount of dishwashing I have to do, since percolators and french presses, with their many parts, are a pain to wash.)

I dislike dark roast -- it just tastes burnt to me. I like medium or light roasts.

I put milk in my coffee, but no sugar unless I am also adding cocoa, vanilla, or mint.

I like caffeinated coffee that is dark, smooth, and flavorful - black, without sweetener, strong, but not overly strong or acidic. My wife likes K-cups, otherwise I would brew a pot of coffee. Typically, I will have 4-5 cups daily, at 5:30 AM, 7:30 AM, 9 AM, 11:30 AM, and sometimes one at 3 PM to get through the work day. So, I guess this makes me addicted to coffee.

The closest thing to a religious experience I've had was drinking coffee in Sao Paulo, Brazil. It was so good, the waiter brought me a whole pot of coffee which I drank before going to work.

Last edited:
Haha. I’m sitting in Starbucks having a well deserved caramel macchiato (Venti) while receiving a notification for this thread.

New Threads

Top Bottom