• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Coffee. I want to talk about coffee.

I have a Keurig and I need a cup of black coffee first thing in the morning in order to function. I am a strung out junkie for coffee.

I love my coffee. I drink a litre of real coffee every morning.

I've found that European style coffee is both bitter and over-roasted.
An old Italian man explained a lot about coffee to me once. He thought it was funny how people that don't know anything about coffee always ask for Espresso because they think knowing an Italian word makes them sound educated and sophisticated. He said Espresso means Burnt Rubbish. (language moderated)

To get the full flavour of the coffee the beans must be slow roasted in an oven, but if you run out of properly roasted beans then you can throw a handful of beans in a dry frying pan and scorch them to bring out the flavour. Espresso.

Yep, that's why I try to keep some Dunkin Donuts Decaf around. Good tasting, but without the "zing".

Dunkin Decaf is good. In fact, it's one my younger self would reccomend. Though, in recent times, I have found I am more partial to dark roast decaf. I find it's flavorful, without the caffeine kicking me in the teeth.

Anything lighter than that seems to just taste like hot water with a mild coffee taste, as far as decaf. Though I'm using instant. So maybe that's a factor.

But that's my palette, anyway.

An old Italian man explained a lot about coffee to me once. He thought it was funny how people that don't know anything about coffee always ask for Espresso because they think knowing an Italian word makes them sound educated and sophisticated. He said Espresso means Burnt Rubbish. (language moderated)

To get the full flavour of the coffee the beans must be slow roasted in an oven, but if you run out of properly roasted beans then you can throw a handful of beans in a dry frying pan and scorch them to bring out the flavour. Espresso.

This is a pretty educational, yet entertaining, bit of information. I have tried espresso once in my life, out of curiosity. Never again.

It tasted like you described. And it made me feel like I was having a perpetual panic attack.

I'm gulping down the ugly stuff....that Gevalia Espresso. Have to forego the taste for the caffeine boost, as I have a heavy date with working on two computers. Have to be on my game....so I don't make any catastrophic errors.

It's funny with that particular coffee though. The first gulp tastes pretty rasty, but after that it isn't so bad.

Do you like coffee?
Do you drink coffee?
Are you addicted to coffee?
Do you have coffee preferences?
Do you have anything at all to say about coffee?

I like coffee -- the caffeinated variety. I am mildly addicted to it.

I prefer percolated or french press coffee, but I currently make it in a regular cooking pot on the stove -- "cowboy coffee". (This is to minimize the amount of dishwashing I have to do, since percolators and french presses, with their many parts, are a pain to wash.)

I dislike dark roast -- it just tastes burnt to me. I like medium or light roasts.

I put milk in my coffee, but no sugar unless I am also adding cocoa, vanilla, or mint.
I am drinking coffee only from last 3-4 years.
Before that I used to drink both coffee and tea.
But, slowly, I had to completely stop drinking tea, because it was affecting my teeth, even if I drink it once a week.
And, I drink coffee without sugar. I like it that way.

Never been a coffee fan, really. Maybe if the caffeine agreed with me then I'd like it more. I prefer tea to be honest.

I love coffee. I have two cups every morning. I have spent entirely too much money buying expensive beans. My freezer is loaded with vacuum sealed bags of beans. I like coffees with minimal bitterness or burnt flavors. I usually pick ones that have fruit flavors. Recently, I have enjoyed fruit co-fermented beans for even stronger fruitiness.

I love drinking it almost as much as the process of making it. I grind enough beans to make two cups right before brewing each morning. I use an aeropress. I find it fun to experiment with varying the brew parameters: amount of coffee, water to coffee ratio, grind, water temperature, and brew time. Small changes can influence the flavor a lot. The process makes the best coffee I have had anywhere. It is also very easy to clean. Toss the grinds and rinse it off.

Do you like coffee?
Do you drink coffee?
Are you addicted to coffee?
Do you have coffee preferences?
Do you have anything at all to say about coffee?

I like coffee -- the caffeinated variety. I am mildly addicted to it.

I prefer percolated or french press coffee, but I currently make it in a regular cooking pot on the stove -- "cowboy coffee". (This is to minimize the amount of dishwashing I have to do, since percolators and french presses, with their many parts, are a pain to wash.)

I dislike dark roast -- it just tastes burnt to me. I like medium or light roasts.

I put milk in my coffee, but no sugar unless I am also adding cocoa, vanilla, or mint.
My type of person ;) I too am addicted to coffee. I love most espresso based drinks provided that they use plant ''milks'' because I've lately developed somewhat of an intolerance to regular milk, I love filter coffee (or French coffee as we call it here), Arabic (you might also see it as Greek or Turkish coffee too) and I've also experimented with Mexican coffee which I also loved. I occasionally will have the instant coffee too but if I am to have it, it must be only the top best product because the cheaper ones feel and taste like 'coffe dust'.
I don't have lots of cups per day (more like 3 maximum) but it's a habit that I just can't go on daily without. I also like learning all about coffee. I started a mini coffee notebook a while ago where I'd write down all sorts of things I found interesting about it, including recipes and my own personal ideas for new 'coffee versions'.

I've never been one for coffee myself.

It's weird though, I like the smell of coffee and I like things that are coffee flavored like coffee ice cream or chocolates with coffee in them or coffee hard candies, but I don't like coffee itself. I've tried it multiple times and I just find I can't get on with it because it doesn't taste like it smells.

It's not easy being a tea-drinker in a society where everyone else drinks coffee like there's no tomorrow and act like you're some kind of a weird Anglophile for drinking it. Actually tea is pretty popular in Cape Breton. And it was China that invented tea, not the UK.

I'll take leaf water over bean juice any day.
Sipping Tea Time GIF

When I was 11 years old I drank coffer for the first time too bitter for me never got into the habit of drinking it. when I do drink the occasional cup now that I am quite a bit older do not like the hyper feeling.

When I was 11 years old I drank coffer for the first time too bitter for me never got into the habit of drinking it. when I do drink the occasional cup now that I am quite a bit older do not like the hyper feeling.
I started drinking coffee at about the same age and I've loved it ever since. In me it causes no mental effects that I can detect, it does however have a physical effect on me. It triggers a flush of heat through my body that lasts for about 20 minutes. On frosty cold winter's nights I love a good coffee just before I go to bed, it doesn't keep me awake at all.

Thank goodness lattes exist as it’s much ‘friendlier’ than a straight coffee with milk and sugar. Without sugar in coffee is disgusting.

I grew up with milk and sugar in my coffee. My Italian Mom started us on one half coffee one half milk + sugar at a young age (5-6) but Hot Tea was our mainstay. I don't know why but I am not complaining. I love both to this day but with just typical amounts milk and sugar.

I have learned by being in situations where not all was available to tolerate it black as better than nothing. Not having milk is considerably easier then no sugar though.

Even my Chihuahuas will steal them if you leave them where they can get to them. It has only happened once in a while while doing yard work. Little thieves, lol. :D

I don't drink coffee but I really like the smell of coffee. Sometimes I have visitors and when I get up in the morning they have made coffee and breakfast. So as I walk downstairs the smell of hot coffee hits me. And there's something nice about the smell. Maybe it just reminds me of something. But the smell itself is very nice, smells good.

New Threads

Top Bottom