• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Coffee. I want to talk about coffee.

the_tortoise

V.I.P Member
Do you like coffee?
Do you drink coffee?
Are you addicted to coffee?
Do you have coffee preferences?
Do you have anything at all to say about coffee?

I like coffee -- the caffeinated variety. I am mildly addicted to it.

I prefer percolated or french press coffee, but I currently make it in a regular cooking pot on the stove -- "cowboy coffee". (This is to minimize the amount of dishwashing I have to do, since percolators and french presses, with their many parts, are a pain to wash.)

I dislike dark roast -- it just tastes burnt to me. I like medium or light roasts.

I put milk in my coffee, but no sugar unless I am also adding cocoa, vanilla, or mint.

I love tea. Does that count? I hear a milllion voices all in unison saying "NOOOOO!"

I love tea. Does that count? I hear a milllion voices all in unison saying "NOOOOO!"

I say "YES" -- kind of. In any case, join in :)

Tea is not coffee, but it is related to coffee by the shared associations of caffeine and being a hot beverage, and by being a sort of "coffee equivalent" (or you could say that coffee is a "tea equivalent for many", from the perspective of tea drinkers) for many. (Also by the number of times I have seen a question like, "Coffee or tea?" as if a person cannot possibly enjoy both and must consistently prefer one over the other.)

I also like tea. And I also drink it with milk and usually no sugar.

I only drink coffee when visiting a church or if my boyfriend happens to get a giant coffee at a convenience store and it's cold out. So I maybe have a cup every year. When I do drink it I like it plain, no sugar or cream unless it's the coffee my boyfriend gets. He puts everything available in it and I can't taste the coffee then.

I drink coffee just about every morning, and not the over-priced liquid candy that is currently trendy. Black is fine, or a little sugar, or some fat-free creamer. Medium or dark roast.

I'm also into tea, and my tea-making station looks like a meth lab. I have a Breville water pot to heat the water to the precise temperature that correlates to the type of tea. For my tea, I will sometimes use honey, but typically use a rock sugar that is made from beets.

If I can't have coffee or tea, then no big deal. I don't feel any withdrawals or have any issues with it.

Coffee...
E93EF29B-4B16-49A8-9C94-E10EF0E0BA7C.jpeg
EB9B7312-F64B-4F27-8FFF-C26230393837.jpeg
F74A207D-AA80-460B-8125-E59B790D858F.jpeg

Attachments

• 050B738E-7792-4ABA-95BC-27B5AF1733CF.jpeg
    050B738E-7792-4ABA-95BC-27B5AF1733CF.jpeg
    132.8 KB · Views: 0
I love both coffee and tea. New York style... light and sweet. I got some Kona coffee for Christmas. I use a french press.

Love coffee, like tea. Drink coffee sweet with creamer or half and half (so maybe that makes me not a true coffee aficiando). I agree about the dark roasts and French roasts- they taste burnt to me too. But I like a strong and smooth medium roast. Tortoise have you ever tried the Keurig coffee pots? There's no cleanup besides your coffee cup and the coffee is good. And you can get refillable k-cup pods so you don't have to use the disposable k cups.

I generally love caffeine in whatever format available, but mostly stick to tea and caffeine pills (bad bad bad). However, I would LOVE to teach myself to enjoy the taste of coffee because the smell is amazing and I would be able to fit even more caffeine into my diet (which is a definite lifegoal). I also feel as though I'm letting the side down, as I work in IT and it's a general expectation that computer people drink coffee and accept coffee based bribes. In fact, all the tech offices I've worked in so far have had amazing dedicated coffee rooms with some pretty cool looking gadgets that were entirely wasted on me. I'm hoping coffee will become an acquired taste that I acquire as I get older. I never used to like coffee cake, but I quite like it now (although no longer keen on sugar). Every now and then I will try some just to check if my taste buds have evolved and I do seem to be growing less repulsed over time. So there is hope for me yet!

I could never acquire the taste for coffee. I wish I could drink it because A) I'm around free coffee pretty much constantly B) You can ask a girl out for coffee, you can't ask her out for caffeine pills C) It feels really rude to turn down an offer of coffee from someone.

So I'm very jealous of all you coffee drinkers ;)

I have a form of OCD -Obsessive Coffee Disorder. Most of my wages go on coffee or tea like at Starbucks or wherever! It doesn’t feel right if I have no caffeine in a day. I have to have at least one; in the mornings especially. For the mornings I have tea. :D

I could never acquire the taste for coffee. I wish I could drink it because A) I'm around free coffee pretty much constantly B) You can ask a girl out for coffee, you can't ask her out for caffeine pills C) It feels really rude to turn down an offer of coffee from someone.

So I'm very jealous of all you coffee drinkers ;)

Don't know if you're in the US or England or elsewhere but how about asking a girl out "for a cuppa"? That way she can get coffee (if she wants) and you can get tea :D

I cant drink coffee anymore, it causes me to become psychotic, its also really bad for anxiety, I started drinking it a few years back, and I began to notice i was really weary and tense afterwards, so I stopped, now I just drink tea, no milk or sugar, and I use the teabags five times before I dispose of them. I used to go to Tim Hortons, a coffee shop franchise that is massively popular in Trumplands hairpiece (Canada), but i thought after a while it was a bit rediculous to spend 2.50 on basically what amounted to a spoonful of ground beans, or a teabag when you can get a box of teabags for less at the dollar store.. And no Im not a Starbuck and never will be..

Once had a guy come to me for therapy for anxiety issues who was drinking 100+ cups of coffee a day by his own account. He didn't connect all that caffeine with his anxiety. Go figure.

Before 7:45 a.m.: tea. After about 8:30 a.m.: coffee. Medium roast, freshly roasted beans, preferably from the shop up the street that has a roasting machine. But.
Lately I have cut back on how much coffee I consume.
A couple of cups max, 3 or 4 times a week.
Tea: several cups a day. Assam. Green (Sencha), and Green (Genmaicha)

New Threads

Top Bottom