• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Clothes - Do you like to wear the same outfit?

I wear the same basic type of outfit everyday: jean shorts, colorful t-shirt & sneakers but I like a variety of colorful artistic t-shirts.
I do tend to buy the same shorts & sneakers every time since I have pretty much the same style since my teens.:D
I used to love punk style studded belts,cool punk,metal,western belt buckles in my teens but that obsession faded away.
I still have a cool rattlesnake in a cattle skull buckle!

Last edited:
I've always had a tendency to wear the same few clothes all the time. On my days off from work I almost always wear my favorite jeans, a t-shirt and my Oswald the Lucky Rabbit hoodie. (On work days I wear my blue work shirt and khaki pants, the standard uniform in my workplace.)

Now that it's getting cooler, I wear my purple Adidas hoodie with cute grey sweatpants that are crunched up to my knee with Guess sneakers.
Sometimes purple sweatpants.

But I'm also on the run so I have to be comfortable lol.

Yes, literally... I wear the same ankle-length black skirt 6 days a week to work in... On Sundays I'll wear a very bright dress or white skirt... I also tend to wear the same shirt about 3-4 days in a row... Over my t-shirts and tank tops, I wear a sweater... In warm weather, I do not wear shoes at all... I despise shoes! Now that it is cold, I wear flip flops and leg warmers... I don't like the feel of my toes being trapped... I want to feel connected to the earth, always...

As long as the clothes are soft, don't smell and I like how they look I'll wear them.
But mostly I tend to wear leggings, t-shirt and a hoodie.
And if I didn't get cold so easily I would go naked at home.

If it's a normal day, jeans (I have several pairs in varying states of fitment and wear, I never get rid of the ruttin' things), a Tshirt or flannel (depending on the weather), and boots (westerns or workboots depending on what I'm gonna be doing, still haven't found a shoe/boot that is as comfortable as a well fitted and worn in pair of westerns though).

If I'm going to class or need to be the least bit dressy, one of three pairs of dark slacks (I can get four or five wears out of each if I rotate them daily), one of four dress shirts I'm quite fond of (two or three wears out of each if I remember to wear an undershirt and hang them back up as soon as I get done what I need to), my grandfathers dress shoes (nicer then anything I could ever afford myself), and the same charcoal sports coat I always wear (goes with everything!). Occasionally a tie if I'm in the mood.

I will randomly go about my affairs in a fitted suit, complete with tie, french cuffed shirt and cuff links, the whole nine yards. Some mornings I just wake up and its "today is a good day for a suit".

I wish I could wear the same thing every day. And if not, I wish I could wear a hat every day. Like a knit hat or a baseball cap, not a fancy hat. I love having my hair out of my face and if I have a bill to shield my eyes from... well everything, that would be ideal.

I have a favorite pair of jeans, and reluctantly part with them for a few hours on washday. I'm not as fussy about shirts, as long as they are comfortable any will do.

Lately it's been skinny jeans with boots and sweaters. If I'm going out somewhere nice, the jeans turn into black tights and a black skirt.

Yeah, grab a t-shirt, grab some jeans off the floor. Albeit like the starter of the thread said about himself I'm not dirty also.

Oh I forgot to tell that I love colors (even though much of my clothes are black), something many think are weird since ppl with AST apparently usually don't like that.
My usual outfit look something like this. And usually I take of all or most of my accessories when I'm at home.

actually I find clothing pointless and wish I could walk around naked all day. Or only wear them if I was cold for instance. My wardrobe is boring because I have my stock stand jeans, shorts and T shirts. And little else. I have two pairs of shoes ... one pair of sneakers for workouts and a pair of sandals for the beach.

I'm probably a bit weird in that I love to make clothes and I love the idea of wearable art. Fashion as an art form interests me but I can't say I can find a use for fashion in general. I love to watch project runway and especially love the really out there challenges. I love to see how they make a creative design out of the challenges they have set. I also like to watch the end of those next top model shows because I enjoy seeing the photography using the models. I couldn't give a rat's behind about the rest of the show (seriously 40 mins of ***** fights ... no thank you).

actually I find clothing pointless and wish I could walk around naked all day. Or only wear them if I was cold for instance. My wardrobe is boring because I have my stock stand jeans, shorts and T shirts. And little else. I have two pairs of shoes ... one pair of sneakers for workouts and a pair of sandals for the beach.

I'm probably a bit weird in that I love to make clothes and I love the idea of wearable art. Fashion as an art form interests me but I can't say I can find a use for fashion in general. I love to watch project runway and especially love the really out there challenges. I love to see how they make a creative design out of the challenges they have set. I also like to watch the end of those next top model shows because I enjoy seeing the photography using the models. I couldn't give a rat's behind about the rest of the show (seriously 40 mins of ***** fights ... no thank you).
I don't think that's weird. Something I do find weird is all thoose ppl who only wear what's "in" even if they don't like it and then throw it away when it's "out".
I wish I could make clothes, I like to draw them and create patterns on paper, but I can't make them irl :(

I don't think that's weird. Something I do find weird is all thoose ppl who only wear what's "in" even if they don't like it and then throw it away when it's "out".
I wish I could make clothes, I like to draw them and create patterns on paper, but I can't make them irl :(

I've never understood the "in" and "out" thing, either. My mindset has always been "Hey, I like how this looks and me and it's comfortable! SCORE!" and leave it at that. I have jeans from middle school I still wear.

I do a lot of layering. Lots of flannel over henleys over or under blah blah blah.

making clothes is actually pretty easy :) there are many tutorials online and books you can get on this subject. the internet I find is fantastic for teaching yourself new skills. Though sometimes its easier to just ask someone lol.

making clothes is actually pretty easy :) there are many tutorials online and books you can get on this subject. the internet I find is fantastic for teaching yourself new skills. Though sometimes its easier to just ask someone lol.
Not for me, if you would have seen the stuff I tried to make at my "textile crafts" lessons at school you would have agreed.
I can't even fix holes in my clothes or buttons and I have sewn in my own fingers and hands more times then I even want to remmeber. >.<

I love to wear the same outfit.

If I wear a white T-shirt, white singlets, shorts, a baseball cap and a pair of comfortable shoes - even if I have 3 of the same type of clothes, and same color too, I'll love to wear the same outfit all the time!

The weather in the town where i live is almost the same every day, anyway - hot and wet.

I do not like to wear the same outfit. I like to wear as many different outfits as I can,so that people can see that I own more than just one outfit,and I get tired of the clothes I have very easily. I prefer to wear similar styles every day though,and I feel uncomfortable in certain items. Like skirts. i cant stand them. I wear them once in a while as a fashion statement,but its really not fun.

New Threads

Top Bottom