• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Clothes - Do you like to wear the same outfit?

I like button up shirts and will wear them most days, and I especially like the ones with check patterns. If it's cold, I'll normally wear a cotton jumper or hoodie too.
As far as trousers go, I like jeans. I only have blue and black ones, and they're boot cut; I'm not keen on skinny jeans because I don't like wearing anything that clings to me.
Dresses are a complete no-no for me. I've always been a tomboy and haven't worn a dress since I was 6, and these days I wouldn't be seen dead in one.
I'm also a big fan of canvas shoes and have quite a few pairs, although I do like to keep at least one pair of smart black shoes.

Warm weather - Khaki shorts or loose fitting (not baggy) jeans with a black RL t-shirt--every day.
Cold weather - Jeans with a back RL shirt, black sweater, and a black RL pea-coat.
Hugo Boss/RL suits for special occasions.

My preferred brands- Ralph Lauren, Hugo Boss, Calvin Klein, Adidas, Hurley, and Vans.

I value eccentricity in clothes. Ive always worn bright colors and crazy patterns. But it seems thats the trend these days. Its annoying to a degree. I also spontaneously (also sober) got a tattoo of an elephant on my butt a couple of years back. Its a good ice breaker in particular social settings :)

Lately my outfits consist of the same sort of setup - leggings, tunic or dress, cardigan and a belt. Always bright colours! I try to have a variety or I get caught on wearing one outfit over and over.

I wear the same outfit all the time. Bluejeans all year, t-shirts in the summer, button up plaid shirts in the winter. I won't stuff my shirt tail in, I can't stand the way it feels. I will wear the same shirt for a week and the jeans for two weeks as long as they don't smell :)

Absolutely! I have my style, and I'll wear the same for months (always clean). Khak-cargo pants and an unmarked t-shirt! All seasons, all occasions!

Wondering, do any of ya'll go through lengths to not draw attention to yourself?

Oh, my goodness, yes. Nobody around me gets it. Ever since puberty, I've been scrunching up and crossing my arms, trying to be as invisible as possible. I never wear things tight, bright, thin, low cut, or short. I may be paranoid, but I don't like people looking at me unless I seek out that attention specifically, like when I'm on stage.

I've been told i tend to wear pretty much the same sort of thing. Not identical outfits, but I guess predictable cuts, colors and patterns that make it all look like variations of the same...if that makes any sense. Sometimes ill buy something different, t I honestly rarely will wear it.

I'm like a cartoon character.

Me too! Just about everything I wear is in dark, muted tones, like black, purple, or dark blue. I've only just recently started adding in different styles in the mix: it all used to be basically T-shirts. Actually, now that I think about it, some has specifically told me that I dress like a character on tv, always wearing the same thing. I do have two bright red shirts I add in, just to break the monotony. I usually only wear them when everything else is dirty, though.

Oh yeah, I love wearing the same clothes every day, too bad I have to wash them a lot, lol. I always wear this blue tank top with a fluffy jacket over it, and black corduroy pants with brown boots.

Usually, I'm going to wear a tshirt and either shorts or jeans. Maybe I'll wear a sweatshirt. Personally, if I think that a piece of clothing looks good or is comfortable, I will want to get it, regardless of whether the piece of clothing was intended to be worn my men or women. That's not relevant to me.

I always have to wear black.
I wear my clothing in cycles. I'll wear the same outfit for a while, then switch to another outfit for a while, and usually go back to the first after a few outfits.
Lately it's been black knee high socks, black pants that I roll up to my knee, black long sleeved shirt, and a black cape-looking sweater. Also wear these black oxford shoes.
I clean them every single day, though. I couldn't wear them nonstop without cleaning them, I'd go mad.

In the cooler months: a short sleeve shirts (black, navy, sky blue, or yellow), a woollen vest (black, blue or grey), jeans, and black leather shoes.
In the warmer months: a short sleeve shirt (style: a generalisation of whatever the shop dummies wear), jeans and black leather shoes or thongs (if really hot).
If it is really cold, I throw on my parker (though I have lost a lot of weight recently, so I need to buy a smaller one).

More often then not my outfit is entirely blue (except my black leather shoes).

Hiking: Auscam camouflage fatigues, leather gloves and hiking boots... when out in the wilderness I go to great lengths not to have to deal with other humans.

I have always dressed to hide, but not always successfully. When I was 8 years old I started wearing stretch pants and long skirts with long sleeved sweaters. This was in the sixties, it actually made me stand out more. In highschool I wore the same 3 pair of jeans and 5 tops all the way through. The fact that we were poor had something to do with it too. As an adult I tend to wear dark colours, jeans, track pants or dress pants, turtlenecks and hoodies. I am trying to wear a bit more colour, but it makes me pretty uncomfortable. I usually wear my dresses or skirts to the knee and nothing fits super tight. My closet looks pretty drab most of the time.

In summer I usually wear a baggy dark coloured T-shirt or collared polo shirt (red or blue), old faded shorts usually dark blue or black (proper shorts not boxers) and jandels (or flip-flops as many call them) which are mostly some hideous colour (present pair are bright green) and that is my summer outfit since I was 10. Winter outfit is a fleece jacket with zip-pockets (I don't like it without zip pockets) and black sweatpants, as for shoes its usually any old pair of sneakers I can afford. My clothes tend to be the same and cheap, and because I like to get the most out of my clothes they tend to be old and scruffy, but hey I'm not looking to win any fashion awards, I'm comfortable in them and that's all that matters. Cant say the same for my wretched work uniform except AAARRRGG!:mad:.

In public I do my best to fit in, but at home I have a selection of old men's shirts that I wear. There is nothing like the feel of a soft oversized men's tshirt, even if its so old it has holes in it. In summer I pair it with comfy shorts, and in winter I pair it with track pants.

Colour wise, grey, black or faded : )

It's a pretty daggy look to be honest, lol

New Threads

Top Bottom