• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Clothes - Do you like to wear the same outfit?

I wear the same outfits around the house. But for two years now... I've finally started wearing jeans when I go places.. ect. I used to hate the way they feel on me and still to this day I like coming home and getting comfy. Bah!

I have a major interest in hooded shirts of varying types. Some are thicker than others. I have many kinds ranging from hood zips, pullovers, button down, etc. I tend to appreciate the more bland ones, unless I make and implement my own design. (which I have also done on multiple occasions). I've always been obsessed with hooded stuff. It's just awesome.

I have quite a lot of clothes, but I mostly make the same style all the time. I also use same clothe set for many days in a row - or sometimes switch one part after few days to not to look totally weird or start to smell too bad. I like boring styles and earthy colors, I'd hate to draw attention. Of course some clothes are in style as I by them, but hopefully that'll pass in six months for top. My clothes are all over dog hair that I sometimes try to rub away, I don't iron them so I try not to buy wrinkly materials. Don't care as long as they're warm and soft against skin.

I strongly dislike jeans, because to me they are blue, which I don't like. I've had many arguments about jeans not being blue but denim. But denim is blue. Haven't owned ones in over ten years.

Yeah, same few at least. Tends to be flared jeans, Hello Kitty t-shirt which is oversized or a tanktop, flats, and I usually end up in a purple Adidas hoodie. My fore-arms have to be covered by something.

If not this, it's a red dress with boots or flats.

My hair is either straightened or in two braids.

Things that change: jewlery.

O.O Red dress with boots? wow. :) Must say I like that...lol

My personal preference is my black jump boots, BDU pants, and a black shirt. IF I'm home alone (or at moms and it's just me in the 2 dogs), just boxers or just sweats. IF I'm gonna have someone over, it's wrangler jeans and whatever shirt I can grab the quickest that's most likely to be clean or at least clean smelling lol

I wear jeans, henley t-shirts, and long sleeve button up denim style shirts (which I never button up), all either black, blue, or tan except for the jeans which I choose either black or blue. I also have a couple pair of BDU's (military issue camo pants) which I like to wear for the cargo pockets when fishing or doing work in which they come in handy to hold tackle, gloves, tools and whatnot. Some white t-shirts for summer as well, and two grey jackets of which one is hooded. One pair of black boots, and one pair of lowtop sneakers.

I have to say I like how many other girls here dress nicely ^^

But oh, I'd also love to use only cargo pants in gray, brown or od, but right now fitting ones are hard to find for a decent prize. All they sell now is tight pants, which mostly are not for me. And I have some what large collection on different kinds of scarves, because I like/feel the need to cover my neck, while I can't use thick shirts. I also used to search for nicely looking hooded clothes, but that was bit hard as basic hoodies always weren't interesting enough and being too "pretty" is not an option. My worst fear is to look too formal and too put on, so I also struggle using dress shirts even if I had casual looking one. I also feel awkward looking too sporty on daily set. Cardigans are great for smooth both effects.
I also have only one pair of plainly fine looking shoes, all else are just more or less ugly hikers, sneakers and such.

Today = odd socks. Jogging leggings with a string tied around as makeshift belt, hopefully hidden by my wooly pullover. Various jumpers and T-shirts all randomly out on due to the cold weather. I admit it's not good.

I wear:

A pair of shorts or trousers which are either dressy or casual, these can be worn two days in a row.

A t-shirt/ shirt which is different and hopefully, a different color each day, which shorts/ trousers will match to or contrast with, accordingly.

Underwear and socks which is a different pair of each, each day and will match to or contrast rest of outfit accordingly.

I have many pairs of assorted footwear (mostly budget) shoes, boots, dressy, casual; never wear the same pair two days in a row if I don?t have to!

Footwear will also match to or contrast rest of outfit accordingly.

WOW, when I say it like that I realize just how regimented I?m trying to be! I must need order in my life :eekM:

Well I usally rock a pair of chucky tailors and jeans. Most of my clothing is black , like sweat shirts and stuff . I'm not a big "brand name " person and run like I'm avoiding the plauge from what most people consider fashonable :)

I have periods where I wear the same outfit for days. This typically happens when I am super busy writing or editing. Just can't be bothered worrying about clothing. But I try to look nice and pay attention to my appearance at least some of the time. It doesn't come natural to me. I've always had to work at it. I honestly hate jeans and find them uncomfortable. I wear a lot of black stretch pants with long tops in the winter and always skirts/blouses or dresses in the spring and summer. Cotton dresses are the easiest and comfiest things to wear. I have no idea why so many women hate them. I own about a dozen or so and wear them all summer long. Then I don't have to worry about matching tops to bottoms or any of that. Easy-peasey.

Last edited:
Almost everything I wear is H&M. I know it's not really good quality but I like the fabrics and the colors and some t-shirts have nice prints. I like the soft long-sleeves they have because I can put them under the woolen sweaters, which I have to wear for half-year long winters here. I dislike wool with a passion and I absolutely have to cancel out its itchiness. Sometimes, when I feel adventurous, I might buy something from some other store but that happens very rarely.

I have a huge collection of hoodies. Every time I go abroad my mom asks me not to buy any new ones, but it's hard to resist.

I love form fitting jeans but I wear them lower than it might be considered appropriate for a woman. It just feels more comfortable that way. In order to avoid showing my underwear - which would be totally inappropriate, I agree - I tuck in a long shirt (t or a long-sleeve). My friends joke that they can't tell the difference between my jeans because they are all the same color. They are most certainly not! Though they are all blue. I need some black ones, I think.

I have a somewhat collection of sneakers. I can never decide which pair to wear, so I wear the same one a year round till I decide to switch.

So, yes, I do wear the same outfit over and over. I'm not however shy of laundry, so that works. Except I never figured out how often to wash my jeans. Hmmm... That might be a slight issue.

I rarely, if ever, buy clothes, and although my current wardrobe is quite populated, I like to stick to similar clothes, and don't follow any trends. I just wear what's comfortable.

Basically, Iam 23 and in seminary now but I wear basically the same outfits I wore a decade ago; kswiss sneakers, cargo shorts, tee shirts. I dress up when I have to, and put on warmer clothes only when I run the risk of hypothermia haha, but yea pretty much the same outfit everyday

I wear quite a few of my clothes but I tend to wear certain ones on certain days, because I feel certain clothes bring more luck than others. Generally, when I need luck, I wear the outfit that's very comfortable, and appropriate to the situation (ie. something neat when it's needed) and that I believe brings luck. I do like to wear the same few outfits a lot. Generally I wear a T-shirt, a vest and jeans or house suit trousers (depending on if I go out or not and what the weather is like etc) (and of course I also wear underwear, a hemptje (like an under shirt?), a bra and socks).

My wardrobe, over the past year, has been narrowed down mostly to above-the-knee semi-full skirted dresses in pink, green, purple and black. Something about wearing one thing over the body rather than tops and bottoms is fabulous and minimalistic.
Plus whatever shoes and jewelry for the desired affect.

Yep. I wear khaki pants, black socks, and some form of button up shirt every day. I just can't stand t-shirts and jeans.

And yes, I have the safari helmet for sunny days.

I find outfits bother me. Till today, I have never found a non-engineering job that pays more than $2000 that does not involve me to wear a shirt and pants in Singapore - we are really too hot for even singlets and T-shirts, my preferred attire - and I got rejected by my local university's electrical engineering department for lack of physics grades :(

So outfit? I either wear nice clothes (which I do), or just... keep doing other things that bring me closer to autonomy in wearing clothes for the weather.

Otherwise, wearing shorts and singlets rule :)

I have a pretty minimal amount of clothes that I wear. I have the work clothes which are all business casual clothing and I have just about enough outfits for the 4 days I have to wear them. The fifth day is casual clothing day and I wear usually the same thing. My regular clothing otherwise is pretty much jeans and a t-shirt or sweatshirt (depending on seasons). And I pretty much wear one jacket all year unless its really cold and I'll pull out a heavier one.

I will only wear blue jeans and not modern trendy jeans which I loathe I'm talking about plain blue jeans.

All the tee - shirts and jumpers I wear have to be plain and the only colours I will wear are grey, purple and dark blue.

I have a plain purple fleece which I have worn for years and I never like to go out without wearing it even in the summer when its very hot.

I also have a black raincoat which I enjoy wearing on rainy days which are my favourite days.

I hate loud and colourful clothing everything I wear has to be as plain as possible.

I particularly hate sports clothes and brand clothing.

I wish I had an anorak.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom