• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Clothes - Do you like to wear the same outfit?

I've decided to start wearing my cyberdog cybergirl tee again, I love it so much but it's only suitable for warmer weather because the material makes you sweat if you wear it under anything.

images

I've just had a look at the cyberdog site, which I haven't done in months and I want sooooo many tees from there!

I used to wear the same clothes, now I try to wear something different (more or less) every day simply because I decided that's going to be my new rule. There was a time when I only wore black and gray, not because I wanted to make a statement of some sort but because it was easier. Now I'm just trying to figure out what would be nice looking but still age appropriate, it's not always easy.

I usually wear the same brown hoodie. I'm a huge fan of earth tones- greens, browns, tans etc. I absolutely hate the technicolor styles of this era.

Otherwise I like nice blue jeans or slacks. I have one pair of Dickie's shorts and one pair of running shorts. Both are only for outdoor activities. I love skateboarding shoes and have lived in them since I was a preteen. As for shirts, I like more neutral colors, not flashy at all. I absolutely despise the following- Monster products, Fox racing products, UFc products, Affliction products and basically anything that knuckle-draggers wear to look cool. (I never understood why people all want to wear the exact same brand. Especially ones that have a corporate logo on it. If I wear a logo, they better be paying me to do so. I don't believe in paying them to advertise their stuff)

Finally, I love love love Beanies. I guess you could say I have a Beanie obsession. I prefer tight-knit beanies. (I have an epic blue one that I've sported pretty much all winter. I'll literally spend more on a beanie than a pare of pants.) fyi-I started wearing beanies because it's hard to find hats that fit my ginormous noggin and still look good.

I usually wear the same brown hoodie. I'm a huge fan of earth tones- greens, browns, tans etc. I absolutely hate the technicolor styles of this era.

Otherwise I like nice blue jeans or slacks. I have one pair of Dickie's shorts and one pair of running shorts. Both are only for outdoor activities. I love skateboarding shoes and have lived in them since I was a preteen. As for shirts, I like more neutral colors, not flashy at all. I absolutely despise the following- Monster products, Fox racing products, UFc products, Affliction products and basically anything that knuckle-draggers wear to look cool. (I never understood why people all want to wear the exact same brand. Especially ones that have a corporate logo on it. If I wear a logo, they better be paying me to do so. I don't believe in paying them to advertise their stuff)

Finally, I love love love Beanies. I guess you could say I have a Beanie obsession. I prefer tight-knit beanies. (I have an epic blue one that I've sported pretty much all winter. I'll literally spend more on a beanie than a pare of pants.) fyi-I started wearing beanies because it's hard to find hats that fit my ginormous noggin and still look good.

If only it were technicolor and people just bought white clothes and colors to dye them, themselves.

But besides that black I usually wear, I'll end up wearing some more "earthly" tones sometimes. I just try to prevent myself from looking to "military", and as such, I avoid to wear camo pants & a green hoodie for example. So most of the time it's either pants or hoodie black, sometimes both black, rarely both in green-ish or browning color (heck, I don't own a pair of brown pants even)

If I can choose it, I'd wear the same white T-shirt, black shorts and slippers all day, every day.

But other friends call me the 'fashion police' because they know Geordie can spot patterns in clothes. I'd say, 'wow, what a nice shirt you wear today, have you worn it last Friday?' Even I spot pattern in my own clothes, so I make a list of all the clothes I have and randomly choose what I wear every week, and follow it. Then I will not wear the top/shirt again for a month once I wore that top. I will just wear another shirt. (To me, I make jeans an exception: there are very few variations of blue jeans, which are really popular)

I wear Dad's clothes sometimes, though :p

Hmm, I find myself wearing either alpine white or black. My closet seems to be predominantly zebra-striped, but I do have a sort of obsession with duality and contrast... diametrically opposed elements or complementary things. Typically Gemini I suppose, full of extremes and unpredictably on one side of the street or the other. Though recently I've been trying to force some color into my life, blues and greens mostly.

I always wear a boyish t-shirt with a hooded sweatshirt over it and comfortable pants. Whether they're pajama pants (on the weekends), corduroys, or sweatpants.

I hate jeans, they feel stiff and cold and they always leave red marks on me! Especially skinny jeans, I tried those on one time at a store. ... ... ...Never... AGAIN.

Sort of. I have an outfit for each type of weather. The weather here changes a lot (except during the summer where it's ridiculously hot and humid) so I have an outfit for each temperature range. I try to wear shorts down to 10 degrees Celsius since I hate the feeling of fabric scraping against my skin. I pretty much just stick to loose and comfortable clothing so I am not at all fashionable.

At the moment, because of the move I am pretty much wearing whatever comes off the huge pile of cloths on the floor with the least amount of struggle, that’s during the day.
However, during the evening I have been wearing trackie dacks and a jumper to bed because it is well cold here, at least of a night.

At the moment, because of the move I am pretty much wearing whatever comes off the huge pile of cloths on the floor with the least amount of struggle, that’s during the day.
However, during the evening I have been wearing trackie dacks and a jumper to bed because it is well cold here, at least of a night.

Ah yes, the Jumbled pile method! Been a strong advocate of this tactic for years. The only downside is unsightly wrinkles in my clothes and the occasional spider.

I like to wear the same things over and over again, yes. I find it hard to buy new clothes, so when I do manage to find something I'm comfortable with, I tend to buy many copies of it so I have lots of the same thing. All my t-shirts, for example, are exactly the same size and style, but I have them in a few different colours for different occasions.

This is my first post, and I'm glad I found this site. I like to wear the same shirt on the same day to work. For example, I wear my blue shirt with light pinstripes every Monday, my dark solid blue shirt on Tuesday, my olive green shirt on Wednesday, etc. Around the house, I might wear the same shirt for three or four days consecutive. My wife says my house shirts could walk by themselves. It just feels right to me. After all, I'm an aspie and routine is my game.

I've got a habit of not changing shirts every couple of days, more so when I'm home bound and have nowhere to go or nothing to do. I don't have a set routine for what I'll wear on a given day, just whatever hasn't been dirtied up from work. I'm into wearing black these days, but occasionally I'll swap my slacks for some blue jeans and keep a dark t-shirt. I'm not a stickler for fashion anyways - my choices are still limited and 5 days a week I'm in my work uniform before the alarm goes off anyways.

my main things are comfortable tshirts and sweatpants or my favorite pair of skinny jeans. i think i only have about 4 or so different outfits that i rotate just because they're familiar and i know they're comfortable for me.

I don't wear animal prints, novelty patterns, stripes, plaids or polka dots. I avoid tops with collars (exception: my jean jacket) or cuffs, lapels, epaulettes, decorative buttons or zippers & tags & labels all must GO. I have several hoodies from cashmere to fleece. These must ALL have kangaroo pockets & a zip front. I don't wear any fabric that itches, tugs, pulls, slips & slides about or smells funny. I avoid belts too & clothing that's too trendy or sexy. I NEVER wear business/office garb.

I have several plain comfortable tank tops & some long loose skirts made by indie designers in China & Japan. I own some plain fitted but not skin tight tee shirts & longer sleeved tops.

I used to be into natural colors like green, brown and yellow.. Now most of my clothes are black or grey. I'd prefer to always wear a plain black tshirt, but to mix things up a bit I have a black-grey and a white-grey striped t-shirt that I throw in the mix occasionally.

I realized a few months ago that all of my sweaters, with one exception, have some kind of stripe-pattern on them.

I didn't realize this might be an Aspie trait!

I recently started working retail, and I really like wearing a uniform.

I prefer to wear the same clothes at least two days in a row (changing underwear of course -- I had to train myself). I also have three favorite shirts that I rotate wearing to bed: my "Beautiful Ann" shirt (Parks & Recreation quotes), my "Youth Without Youth" shirt (Metric lyrics), and my Grand Ole Party shirt (it is a band). These are the most comfortable, and I wear them when I feel safe and secure... so mostly in bed or on Sundays that I spend with poey and her wife.

New Threads

Top Bottom