• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Black and White

Rodafina

Hopefully Human
Staff member
V.I.P Member
I’m constantly reminded that my black and white thinking is wrong. But, in art, it feels pretty right.
upload_2022-7-8_14-55-32.jpeg

Pelicans (I didn’t know they were pelicans, actually, thank you to those in the comments who identified them.) Santa Cruz Breakwater, California, USA.

upload_2022-7-8_14-56-31.jpeg

Somewhere in Utah, I think pretty close to Arches National Park, again in the USA. It was during a cross country road trip with my dog.

upload_2022-7-8_15-1-34.jpeg

Very new experiments with digital art and patterns. Just playing around.

upload_2022-7-8_15-3-48.jpeg

Yeah, Me.

upload_2022-7-8_15-8-54.jpeg

Just a photograph from an old sketchbook. I sometimes like redrawing the same thing many times with little changes and this is one of the patterns I often like to draw.

This doesn’t have to be all about me, though - Anyone else like to do black and white art?

Last edited:
Yes! They are my drawings and photographs – the variation, I think, is because they are from different eras of my life.

It’s nice to hear your perspective. I like good old reliable definitions.

I stopped drawing once my life changed for the better. All my drawings to that point were so dark, full of emotions. I think my drawings were my way to let that frustation go out.

I have done one more painting after that change in my life, but was in colour, with a totally different style, like drawed by a different person. And so possitive.

So I dont have that need of drawing non writting anymore. :)

I absolutely love all of these. So much variation and all so intricate and beautiful.
Thank you for sharing <3

I used to develop my own B&W film in college and graduate school. It was great fun and I truly enjoyed the different perspective that B&W presented.

I was just watching Pelicans in front of my house an hour ago and I really like your Pelican picture. Your third picture reminds me of when I used to create intricate line drawings, but mine were in color.

What does your 4th drawing represent?

@Atrapa Almas , that is so interesting to hear about your experience and the way your art changed. I definitely believe art can help some people survive.

@Orange Glasses , Hmmm… no one has asked me that before I guess the answer would be: Me.

I will edit the photos with a few captions to give a little more context. I thought it was cool when @crewlucaa_ labeled all the birds in some photographs in another thread. Makes it interesting.

@Rodafina

Nice artwork, nothing wrong at all with monochrome

Certainly in photography many "non-photographers" don't understand why B&W, but it is certainly an artistic choice to make

In my photography I usually take photos in colour (digital), then convert to B&W if I feel like it suits the image, there is an art form to even the conversion from colour

Not those young age dark drawings. Im thinking about making a comic, and also learning digital drawings. I started a Krita course that is unfinished. When I think in drawing now, fantasy landscapes comes to my mind. But I am doing other things now.

Im quite good at starting projects that are unfinished.

@Atrapa Almas, is your avatar a mini that you painted by any chance?

Krita sounds interesting. I use Adobe Fresco, but only because it’s free, it’s ok for messing around though. I’ve had fun photographing old drawings and then adding digital stuff to it. Kind of like merging my old self with my new one. My avatar is a good example of that - old analog drawing, new digital accents.

@Atrapa Almas, is your avatar a mini that you painted by any chance?

Krita sounds interesting. I use Adobe Fresco, but only because it’s free, it’s ok for messing around though. I’ve had fun photographing old drawings and then adding digital stuff to it. Kind of like merging my old self with my new one. My avatar is a good example of that - old analog drawing, new digital accents.

I did paint minis. Not very well, but decently.

The avatar is a character of a very famous comic:
Battle Chasers - Wikipedia

I find Calibretto to have a lot of things in common with me, or thats how I feel about it.

Krita its also free. Your avatar is quite cool. :)

This him? Built for war, befriends a wizard.
Looks like an interesting story. This is just from a curious glance at google, but it reminds me comics are an awesome use of black and white.

upload_2022-7-9_22-50-54.jpeg

This him? Built for war, befriends a wizard.
Looks like an interesting story. This is just from a curious glance at google, but it reminds me comics are an awesome use of black and white.

View attachment 81364
Yes, thats Calibretto. Its interesting that you found a black and white drawing. The comic is full colour so the way it was drawn is intended to be coloured.

If you are interested in the use of white and black at comics you could have a look to Sin City.

=)

New Threads

Top Bottom