• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Benefits of having Asperger's

Great focus, drive and energy if task is of interest
Strong work ethic
Empath
Think ‘outside of the box’ alternative solutions
Great with words, expression and language

Analytical thinking, attention to detail and having a heightened sense of justice. (I am not sure if the last one is an aspie thing tbh, but i have seen a lot of other aspies mention they are like that)

Seeing what they are very good at.My 12 year old daughter whom has Asperger's loves art,she is good at drawing and painting.I see her becoming an artist and this is what she wants to do.I have one of hers that I bought at an auction,decided she wanted to auction some of it off to raise money for research on autism and Asperger's.Did.Smart too,has been doing great in school and she will be in 7th grade

My biggest benefit is a good memory, others in class learn for a test, get a good mark and forget it, I learn and remember it all. This will be good when I'll write national exam with things from all 4 years of high school.

I have a very good memory and in college that was the problem would learn and retain my 1st wife would learn test forget some my mind became too busy.

What can help is that you are able to exude confidence in your health, independence, and status in life. If you aren't happy with these things, you can pick at least one of these things to focus on. In the mean time, look for other people in a similar boat to you or with similar interests to you to try to bond with.

Be as flexible as you can with activities that you do with others, but also know when you need to stand your ground. Easier said than done. . .

Having born in a very dysfunctional family, I think if I were less autistic I would have picked up more of their habits and behavior, which are, out of the context of that very particular family, quite vulgar and unpleasant.

One more benefit: No friends = No need to go to night clubs and bars = Less risk of getting COVID 19. Today my country has a record number of cases and most of them are young people infected in clubs and bars.

New Threads

Top Bottom