• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Becoming more active on AC.

Void of Infinity

So it has been a little over a month since I found and joined this site, yet aside from the two threads that I have posted before this one, I have not been very active. I would like to be far more active than I have been, and I think that the reason why I am not is because I am not seeing a lot of activity on the site itself unless I am overlooking it.

My thread in obsessions and interests has my hopes up of connecting with those who share my interests, and given that we all have Asperger's is a similarity already shared. I am not all that desperate to have a lot of friends, but a few here and there is all I would really need if I can set up a connection. I should get around to posting blogs and using the chat when I get ideas or the time to do so as well.

Is there anything else I can do to become more active? I will try to be a little more active for the rest of the month however I do it, so I will see what happens.

You could flit around to threads that interest you and give your opinion every so often. That's what I do. I haven't really made any friends yet, but it's something to pass the time anyway.

So it has been a little over a month since I found and joined this site, yet aside from the two threads that I have posted before this one, I have not been very active. I would like to be far more active than I have been, and I think that the reason why I am not is because I am not seeing a lot of activity on the site itself unless I am overlooking it.

My thread in obsessions and interests has my hopes up of connecting with those who share my interests, and given that we all have Asperger's is a similarity already shared. I am not all that desperate to have a lot of friends, but a few here and there is all I would really need if I can set up a connection. I should get around to posting blogs and using the chat when I get ideas or the time to do so as well.

Is there anything else I can do to become more active? I will try to be a little more active for the rest of the month however I do it, so I will see what happens.

Just throw yourself into the mix... Its been something that has helped me get a lot of stuff out.
I just feel better and not so alone mostly. I didn't come here to collect friends, BUT I am so glad and thankful to be getting to know some really cool people who have given me wonderful advice and lifted me out of the nightmares I tend to get into... Just go for it, jump in, be nice, and people will show you they care.

You know its a lot quieter in the ASD world. If you want something you have to reach out for it. Most people don't just chit chat, unless their is something real and logical to discuss. So just be real and a whole new world will open up for you... : )

@Void of Infinity

What sort of activity are you looking for?

People are constantly posting on existing threads, starting new threads,
or making Blog entries, and interacting in Chat or Private Messages.
There is an entire Games section and a forum for Political/Religious
topics. Media, Resources.

Take your pick. :)

What are your interests? I just started a thread so we can talk our special interests till we get dizzy if we like :) I look forward to learning more about yours!

Say "Hi" to the noobs.
Speak your mind.
Play a few games.
Post some pictures.
Ask questions- you are doing a good job at that.

Just throw yourself into the mix... Its been something that has helped me get a lot of stuff out.
I just feel better and not so alone mostly. I didn't come here to collect friends, BUT I am so glad and thankful to be getting to know some really cool people who have given me wonderful advice and lifted me out of the nightmares I tend to get into... Just go for it, jump in, be nice, and people will show you they care.

You know its a lot quieter in the ASD world. If you want something you have to reach out for it. Most people don't just chit chat, unless their is something real and logical to discuss. So just be real and a whole new world will open up for you... : )
I couldn't agree more. Having the facility to ask your fellow Aspies for their opinions and support is wonderful, your bound to get an honest and uplifting answer.

Maybe check the new threads every day. I have the same routine every day for checking the forum, and will go through each of the new threads one at a time and reply to any I think I have something to add to.

Thanks for the tips.

To address some of the responses, I do realize that our world is quieter, which I do not mind really, but going back to what I mentioned in my first posted thread, the inactivity I saw on my previous forum before it officially closed made me distance myself before I posted a farewell post in an already made thread. If anything else, inactivity in general is always a bit of a turnoff for me. This former forum also had several people with Asperger's on it as well, and at least for a time I was very active on it.

As for the activities I am looking for, I am not looking for anything specific, but I guess I just need to look into the right places to find what catches my interest. Since I was as active as I was in my old forum, I know that I can get more involved, so I will have a closer look around and see what I can find. The only place I will never be seen is the Political/Religious section, although I do find it interesting that it exists.

I will look around and see where I can become most active. As I mentioned in the OP, if I can come up with some good subjects, I will start posting blogs as well. I might be in the chat at a later date, but I want to use other features of the forums first. Whether this or any other forum is related to Asperger's or not, I just do not want to create an account on them and then never be active.

I will try to come up with a routine soon and see how things go from there. :D

I wish I could help increase our collective social output. I tend to keep most of my thoughts to myself-many times I read comments here and I'll think that I really do fit in. Yet my fear of sharing holds me back.

On occasion I will post, but I always feel nervous after its posted. I think the people here are wonderful, I've just come to expect insults and misunderstandings from the rest of the world whenever I share a thought, and i can't escape it. So my tendency to remain silent continues.

But I look forward to reading your future threads!

I have the routine of staying up all night anyway and checking out the new posts everynight is part of my routine now. I don't have enough time to reply as often as I would like, so I do a lot of reading here and reply to what I can.

I know that feeling of almost being fearful of saying something someone might take offense to or misunderstand since it happens so much in real life.
Being scolded because someone doesn't understand what I'm trying to convey. Or being told to just shut up.
But, the forum and people here is a part of my daily routine now and I'd be quite lost without it.

I haven't been diagnosed all that long, but, when I see so much in common with others here it is a welcome relief to know the things I just thought as wierd about me are shared in the ASD world.
It's been said before by others that we seem like a tribe, a family or a friend here at AC.
And for me it is true.

New Threads

Top Bottom