• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aspies Central back online & Important Information

Droopy

Founder & Former Admin
V.I.P Member
Hello everyone,

As you may have been aware, Aspies Central was taken offline for a couple of days. This was due to someone infecting the site with a malicious script which caused users to be re-directed to a third party website which was hosting malware (viruses). Attempts to locate and neutralize the infection had failed so I decided to take AC offline as a precaution so that other visitors to the website would not get infected in the meantime. A complete re-installation of Aspies Central was carried out overnight and now we are back online. I am aware that there are currently some minor bugs and that the Xperience and Gallery systems are now longer available. I hope to have these restored soon.

While no user accounts were hacked and the website was not completely compromised, I would strongly suggest that everyone update their passwords anyway as a precaution. If you have visited Aspies Central within the last 5 days, there is a chance that you might have fallen victim to that virus. I advise you scan your computer with an anti-virus as soon as possible. Most popular anti-virus software should have stopped the virus from reaching your computer in the first place. Also, I am aware that users visiting the website from Google search and/or Chrome web browser might still receive a virus warning before entering. You can safely ignore this warning until Google remove it.

Finally, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused during this downtime.

Feel free to discuss the issue in this thread only.

Unfortunately there are people out there with horrible lives that can’t cope and so they torture and torment decent folk to allow themselves a moment where they feel superior to somebody, real hackers are not evil or spiteful, the people that would do this are! This is a site where people go to be among and get help from others with the same problems in their lives, it is exceedingly poor that anybody should want to jeopardise that!
I for one am very glad that the sites back up and for a good long while I hope, thanks heaps Droopy ; ]

No matter whatever someones deal is, NT or people with Aspergers (specifically our case) "choose" a side as well. There's no neutral position in whatever you like or dislike, or more easily, whatever community one is part of, it's just that some people put way more weight to what people stand for (or against). And if this was a targeted attack against AC, and thus the Asperger's community, the one responsible might just be one of those people who puts more weight on whatever side people are on.

Silly, yes, totally, but this is also something that's quite common nowadays.

However, I do want to thank Droopy for fixing AC again.

Thanks a lot Droopy for fixing it. Its too bad that people can't spend their time more wisely and not torture other people. I'm really glad its back. I was having massive AC withdrawals. :). So thanks you're big hero Droopy.

I can't imagine a neurotypical possessing the skillset to write bad code nor can I imagine someone on the spectrum 'messing where they eat'. I missed the whole 3rd party redirect, was it to a multicolored puzzle piece?

nor can I imagine someone on the spectrum 'messing where they eat'.

Unless they had an issue with the site (i.e. were banned and wanted revenge). Or it could have been purely random. Websites get attacked all the time whether intentionally or randomly for "fun". We don't know the reason why AC was attacked or by whom but I suspect it was random. I'm just glad that the forums are back up and hopefully we can all move on.

The redirect was to some website which was filled with viruses, anyone who visited that website would have got their PC infected. Most anti-virus software, like mine, blocked the attempt before even reaching that website. Thus, I can't be sure what the website was about.

I'm glad AC is back :D

I've had my fair share of hacking, at one point I was building/hosting multiple sites, some were people's business sites some were charities and it was seemingly random who was targeted. I do know how they got in though, I hadn't updated some of the ecommerce side of a few sites and that's how they got in because they were vunerable, learnt my lesson the hard way..although I gave up doing all that I just couldn't be bothered anymore I told them all to find a new host & webmaster.

I am just too glad Aspies Central is back. I missed it, and I was wondering what happened.

Anyway, I am glad AC's back with a bang. I love the purple, and I love being here, too.

Thanks Droopy, you're a hero =D

I am just too glad Aspies Central is back. I missed it, and I was wondering what happened.

Anyway, I am glad AC's back with a bang. I love the purple, and I love being here, too.

Thanks Droopy, you're a hero =D
Yes the purple makes for a nice touch

I honestly never thought that Droopy would bring the site back up again and I was actually fortunate that I was one of those people that did not get infected by the virus.
I'm glad that everything is back up and running again.

Purple is a really good colour I must say. :D

New Threads

Top Bottom