• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Ask the person below you a question

Yes, is there a microwave and Jacuzzi?

Would you rather do a great deed, write a great book or pen a beautiful melody?

Yes.

I was raised in the desert, so remote that we could see the bands of the milky way in the sky at night. Going to the bathroom as an 8 year old meant walking barefoot to my grandma's house (who had a toilet), dodging scorpions and occasionally hearing growls and howls of mountain lions or coyotes on my way there. Most of our friends didn't have electricity and even cooked on wood or propane stoves.

I would do anything to get back there.

Have you had a similar life?

I have not had a similar life.

I grew up in a formerly working-middle class suburb-style neighborhood technically part of a city where all our neighbors had grown old. Our youngest neighbors were in their 40s. The houses in that neighborhood all had large backyards which is something you don't see with today's houses unless you're living out in the country. We moved when I was 9 and lived in suburb apartments across the metro area until I moved out.

What's your favorite type of cheese?

I have a couple favorites. One is buffalo mozzarella and the other is an English cheese I've recently tried, however, I don't recall the name. It is a hard cheese, with a flavor, quite similar to cheddar, and contains small, crystalized bits.

What is your favorite type of pasta, or pasta dish?

My answer to your complex question: YES. I like all pasta. Carbs are good. Especially when they are greasy, cheesy, tomatoey, creamy. mmmm Thank you for reminding me about pasta.

Do you love pasta as much as I do?

Probably not. I have a complicated relationship with pasta. In general, I don't love it nor do I seek it out, but... I love lasagna. I love mac and cheese. I love tuna+broccoli+alfredo sauce on pasta. But, I wouldn't say I love pasta in general.

What is your ideal pizza?

No tomato sauce, garlic instead.

How do you like your steak cooked?

Medium rare, and by medium, I just mean not raw, but still red in the middle, and only slightly cooked on the outside.

I like a good blue steak, crispy on the outside and bloody in the middle.

Have you ever been to Idaho?

Yes I've been to Idaho, and I love it. I'm very fond of the Coer dAline area and the magic valley are very pretty. I have friends from TT and Buhl. The Blue mountains are a little treacherous to drive over (I'm an Oregonian), so i haven't been able to visit often.

Have you ever been to Oregon?

I have been to the Pacific Ocean several times, the Atlantic only once.

Would you like to go into space?

Yes! Same here. But I've been to the Gulf of Mexico a few times.

What is your favorite flavor donut?

Chocolate with chocolate frosting and peanut sprinkles.

What musical instrument would you like to be able to play?

my voice can‘t carry a tune but would love to..

Would you rather Reverse one decision you make every day or be able to stop time for 10 seconds every day?

Neither. I walk everywhere, or ask for a drive. With my sensory issues, I can't even reliably ride a bike.

Do you journal your secret thoughts?

Nope. I watched the Malcom X movie in my teens, and although I don't agree with most of his philosophy, the part where he says never write anything down really hit me hard.

New Threads

Top Bottom