• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

aromas, odors, smells (favorites?)

Smells bring beautiful memories of biking to Japanese tea garden in Golden Gate Park and sitting down to admire Cherry blossom trees, the waitress would sit down a little tea cup with Jasmine tea which was all l could afford but l loved going there. The smell of the tea epitomized the beauty of the view.

Those funky clove cigarettes l puffed on as a teenager. Certain incense l love. Leather seats in older cars. Polo cologne for men. French bread that my mom baked. Those Japenese erasers that had a fruity like smell for kids. My friend's body. Girl scout cookies when you just opened the package. Wet dogs after they come in from a soggy day. Pine trees. Barbeque anything. Christian Dior Diorella. Channel No 5. Pumpkin anything- candles, pie, bread. When the season changed in San Francisco, Golden Gate Park would have different smells.

Old cars as they drive past
New car interior
Cut grass
Old garages and workshops - oil, petrol and damp?
Fresh baked goods
Cigar smoke
Fresh herbs
Sea air
Incense - especially Nag Champa

Ed

I like most of these too! :)
I’ll also add that I like the smell of clean dogs, pumpkin, freshly brewed coffee, sugar cookies, some foods when they’re being cooked, Christmas trees, and anything that smells like my grandparents’ house.
Interesting how smells can unlock emotional memories.

Baking bread, real vanilla, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon, chamomile tea, coffee!, baby powder, sage brush in the sun, the smell of the desert after a rain, new car, cedar wood, aloeswood insence, toasted marshmallows, the "corn chip" smell if puppy toe pads, spruce tree sap, rotting wood, camp fire, grandpa's old truck interior, marzipan, bread baked with saffron, jasmine and gardenia wafting with a breeze (but not up close)

sage brush in the sun, the smell of the desert after a rain
Ohhh, man: does that bring back memories. I encountered both for the first time on a whitewater trip through Desolation and Gray Canyons on the Green River. Stunning landscapes. I enjoyed hearing the canyon wrens and once caught a newly hatched faded pygmy rattlesnake in the sage brush flats near Rock Creek.

I like the smells of the farm and the stable. Freshly turned earth. New mown hay is really high on the list. I even like the smell of horse manure. A faint smell of woodsmoke is nice. So is gunsmoke. Freshly cut wood is nice.

Jasmine, sage, lavender, and orange blossoms. The scent of a pine forest. Petrichor.

Dogs and cats, double so when they are puppies and kittens. That new baby smell you get in infants and toddlers. OTOH, "new car smell" leaves me nauseous.

New Threads

Top Bottom