• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone obsessed with music?

OMG, I clicked on it, and As Blood Runs Black - My Fears Turn to Phobia is a whole new genre of music I never really listened to.. and I think I shat myself. That was BOSS.

I hate heavy metal. I can't understand it because of all of the screaming
I know what you mean about the screamo stuff, but personally I love heavy metal, the old style stuff, like Iron Maiden and Led Zeppelin, proper metal. The modern screaming stuff is, for want of a better word, awful.

I love singing to the point of obsession, yes. I played clarinet for six years (Grades
5-10) and bass clarinet for two more (Grades 11-12) when I was in school.
My crazy dream--just so I can say to myself that I gave it a try--would be
to try to learn drum set.

I particularly enjoy Negro spirituals, old hymns, carols, and Christian Contemporary
music--largely because the choir I sing in performs these as its bread and butter.

I don't think it's not fair to say awful, just not for you.

I mean, we could get into a discussion over what is Metal, because Led Zepplin is not and will never be Metal. They in fact want nothing to do with it, so much so that they declined interview for Metal Evolution a TV show about the roots of Metal and such because they believe they have nothing to do with it when they were a massive massive influence just like Yes, Sabbath, Priest and Maiden all did.

We have to remember that things change with every generation and with that, musical genres. Personally I love 90% of the alternative genres out there. There are obvious stand out acts that tower above the rest but there are the odd gems that get over looked. Bands like Misery Signals, Periphery, All Shall Perish should be as big as if not bigger than bands like Asking Alexandria, Mastodon and As I Lay Dying (all good bands too, just better, musicians, vocals, song writting, singers etc) in my opinion

NeverEnder - I get like that too, I make compilations of my fav songs of the moment and I end up listening to the same lot of songs (some get deleted and other gets added, but only a few) for anything up to 6 months or longer.

Zephyr - BTW the solo in Blackbird by Alter Bridge is possibly one of the most amazing, brutal, heart stopping, violence inducing, beautiful solos in existance! First time i heard it, my f***ing jaw dropped and I couldn't pick it up for hours.

That's true, I like the musicianship in really heavy stuff like Machine Head, Slayer and Dimmu Borgir, but I'm not so keen on the vocals. Must admit though, Slipknot are amazing, and I love thrash metal, just not the screamo, things like Bring Me the Horizon do my head in ^_^

Yes! What kind depends on my mood: sometimes I listen to instrumental scores, sometimes to straight classical music, sometimes to country, sometimes to heavy metal, sometimes to oldies and classic rock, and sometimes I even listen to gangsta rap. I've even dabbled in a little composing/songwriting from time to time.

:bounce:

I am definitely obsessed with music. It kept me alive during middle school with all the bullying I endured.

I am into heavy metal and electronic dance music. I have Pandora radio playing on my iPhone all the time. :cool2:

Also: MURRAY GOLD!!!! :DDDDDD

The man's a compositional genius. In a I-can-rip-out-your-heart kinda way. He's also good with adventure/suspense scores.

I,m completely obsessed with Mumford and sons since I first heard them a few months ago and they are all ive listened to since, also watch them on youtube and read every thing I could find about them, I just cant get enough :)

Anyone into Metalcore / Deathcore type stuff?

Parkway Drive, I Killed The Prom Queen, At The Gates, The Haunted, Unearth, All Shall Perish, The Acacia Strain etc?

Thinking of creating a thread for heavy music but want to know if people would bother with it / let them know it was on here haha

Anyone into Metalcore / Deathcore type stuff?

Parkway Drive, I Killed The Prom Queen, At The Gates, The Haunted, Unearth, All Shall Perish, The Acacia Strain etc?

Thinking of creating a thread for heavy music but want to know if people would bother with it / let them know it was on here haha

I'm into that kind of stuff, but you already know I think, lol

I'm actually quite the opposite lately. I only like certain music,and other than that,i cant stand music. I prefer quiet at this time in my life I think.

I was obsessed with pop music, then I was obsessed with oldies...

Now, I am obsessed with fan-made pony music...

Smile

Last edited by a moderator:
I love music! I listen to artists that blend styles as well as (mostly 80s-90s) alternative rock. I like some pop and dance music but there has to be some particular elements at play: bass-heavy; powerful drums; 'lush/full/rich' sound; lots of 'layers' (instrument and vocal sounds).
My favourite band is Red Hot Chili Peppers followed very closely by Daft Punk then, in no particular order, The Doors, Foo Fighters, David Bowie, The Cure, Jane's Addiction, Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Siouxsie And The Banshees, Florence + The Machine, R.E.M, Led Zeppelin. Other bands I enjoy are Fishbone, Sisters Of Mercy, Metric, P.O.D, Matisyahu, Empire Of The Sun, MGMT (Oracular Spectacular), H.I.M., Gary Numan, Faith No More.
Just a small sample of what I like. Yeah, varied much :p

I love music! I listen to artists that blend styles as well as (mostly 80s-90s) alternative rock. I like some pop and dance music but there has to be some particular elements at play: bass-heavy; powerful drums; 'lush/full/rich' sound; lots of 'layers' (instrument and vocal sounds).
My favourite band is Red Hot Chili Peppers followed very closely by Daft Punk then, in no particular order, The Doors, Foo Fighters, David Bowie, The Cure, Jane's Addiction, Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Siouxsie And The Banshees, Florence + The Machine, R.E.M, Led Zeppelin. Other bands I enjoy are Fishbone, Sisters Of Mercy, Metric, P.O.D, Matisyahu, Empire Of The Sun, MGMT (Oracular Spectacular), H.I.M., Gary Numan, Faith No More.

Def some cool names in there. Whenever anyone mentions Sister Of Mercy it reminds me of going clubbing in 96 odd and hearing Temple Of Love every week haha

goodiesguy, the eras of music you mentioned happen to be be some of which I enjoy on a regular basis. Late 50's, 60's, 70's, and 80's mostly. The 90's not that much, which is odd because that is my own generation. I always thought it lacked something. From a very young age I was sneaking my mom and dad's albums into my room and listening to some of them endlessly: Abbey Road, The Moody Blues, The Guess Who, Led Zepplin, Bob Dylan (and many others), alternating them with Mozart. I loved the 'clean' sound of the vinyl...although most may say it sounds crackly and fuzzy...I can hear a lot more in them versus tapes or cd's. I especially liked the albums that had some different noises in the background, like The Moody Blues. I'm not sure what this is called, but when I listen to music that I like, I feel it very much as well, all over like it has it's own energy resonating from it. It does not have to be turned all the way up in order to feel it. If a great song comes on, I get very excited and turn it up to where I can feel it a little (if I'm with someone) or up a little more if I am alone. I am then in bliss. I am then listening to it as a whole or I may choose to only listen to the bass line that time. Does anyone else listen only selectively to one instrument or the singing only, at times? Usually, I just enjoy it as one. I will recognize a song within the first note or two and recall the artist and then the song, which I try to do in my head to keep from being annoying. Not that I know them all, but a large range. I have no clue about the dates though. I'm horrible with dates. This sensitivity has helped me when I am learning the song on another instrument because I am able to recall strumming patterns and percussion in my head. I can definitely tell if someone is singing the lyrics incorrectly, if something is out of tune or rhythm. I try not to say anything. I love most music, but tend to listen to the 60' and 70's a lot. Thanks for reading! :)

You also get points for the song your username is from. :cool:

I loved the 'clean' sound of the vinyl...although most may say it sounds crackly and fuzzy...I can hear a lot more in them versus tapes or cd's. I especially liked the albums that had some different noises in the background, like The Moody Blues. I'm not sure what this is called, but when I listen to music that I like, I feel it very much as well, all over like it has it's own energy resonating from it. It does not have to be turned all the way up in order to feel it. If a great song comes on, I get very excited and turn it up to where I can feel it a little (if I'm with someone) or up a little more if I am alone. I am then in bliss. I am then listening to it as a whole or I may choose to only listen to the bass line that time. Does anyone else listen only selectively to one instrument or the singing only, at times? Usually, I just enjoy it as one. I will recognize a song within the first note or two and recall the artist and then the song, which I try to do in my head to keep from being annoying. Not that I know them all, but a large range. I have no clue about the dates though. I'm horrible with dates. This sensitivity has helped me when I am learning the song on another instrument because I am able to recall strumming patterns and percussion in my head. I can definitely tell if someone is singing the lyrics incorrectly, if something is out of tune or rhythm. I try not to say anything. I love most music, but tend to listen to the 60' and 70's a lot. Thanks for reading! :)

I also tend to listen to music as a whole, except, when it comes to lyrics, I often hear them more as "sounds" than as words, so while I can tell if someone is singing them with the wrong lyrics, I would not be able to correctly recall the lyrics myself if prompted. Are you one of those annoying people who tells the others to stop because they are playing in the wrong key? Because I am. :cool:

I am obsessed with certain music. I do get very fixed on one artist, or one album for a period of time and kind of dissect it before I move on. I did that with Yes' Tales from Topographic Oceans for like 6 months, kind of a long complex album that scares people away but I still like it.

I have been playing drums for 16 years and I've been in bands up until a couple of years ago. Kind of got away from being in bands and just record on my own these days. I have to play on electronics since I don't want to upset the landlord. Its good because it has forced me to play more precise and different, I feel I'm leaning toward jazzy influences more than rock these days in the drum category. I also play keyboard/piano.

The obsession bands are Genesis, Yes, Rush and King Crimson, pretty heavily prog oriented. I also am into a lot of other stuff like Feist, Tori Amos, Fleet Foxes, the Police, Tears for Fears, Chairlift to name a few but I wouldn't say that I am obsessed with them. I guess the obsession part is more that I really enjoy learning about everything I can about the music of a band or the way a song came about or an album was recorded. Little details like that are so much fun to read about.

New Threads

Top Bottom