• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone obsessed with music?

I listen to a lot of music. I have over 10,000 albums on my computer, and I listen to music nearly non-stop all day long. I also have album covers for nearly every one of those albums somehow. I don't know if I'm obsessed with music though...

I listen to a lot of music. I have over 10,000 albums on my computer, and I listen to music nearly non-stop all day long. I also have album covers for nearly every one of those albums somehow. I don't know if I'm obsessed with music though...

Well, 10,000 albums is an awful lot! Definitely more than I have, though maybe I would have more if I did the torrenting thing. Obsessed or not, you clearly love music, though, so that's points in your favor. :)

Thank you! What most people don't understand is you don't need crazy amounts of power (wattage) either in a car or home to make super loud
crisp music! I could make a 200w car system so loud and clear it would resonate your ear drums to agony while sounding awesome. It is all about how well
you understand the science of sound. I started adding & modifying radio's, tv's and such at 6yrs old. I added an audio jack to my color tv so I could hook it to my stereo
Battlestar Galactica sounded way cooler that way! (my first project):dance:

Thank you! What most people don't understand is you don't need crazy amounts of power (wattage) either in a car or home to make super loud
crisp music! I could make a 200w car system so loud and clear it would resonate your ear drums to agony while sounding awesome. It is all about how well
you understand the science of sound. I started adding & modifying radio's, tv's and such at 6yrs old. I added an audio jack to my color tv so I could hook it to my stereo
Battlestar Galactica sounded way cooler that way! (my first project):dance:

BSG? Oh hell yeah. Do you use a surround-sound configuration for movies, or a two-channel setup?

No or bad ID tags drive me nuts, so thats one thing I do care for a lot, as well as having it in folders. I used to put all filenames in a specific format as well, but itunes doesnt care for those, so now I just do ID tags. The album images I do care for and annoys me to no end if itunes adds an album cover thats not the right one.(sometimes different artist even)

I generally let the musics in the format I get them (of course, if I rip from the CD, I prefer to sore a .flac version just in case...). I still regret from one crazy thing I made once in my life (about two years ago): I converted all my songs to OGG Vorbis. At that time, I didn't think too much of seeing the original bitrate, and since I wanted to convert all at once, I put it all in 160 kb/s. As you can imagine, some musics turned horrible, and I had to start gathering all my collection from scratch again...

I can't even stand it if an artist is differently tagged (capitals for on album, no capitals for others) within itunes.

Yeah, in general I use always capital on the first letter. That makes me wonder if words like "of" or "from" deserve to be capitalized, or should I follow Wikipedia pattern of capitalizing only the first letter of the first word? Since I can't get to a consensus all the times, I just assume all words follow the same rules.

But those things usually just happen if you download music

Unfortunatelly, the "web far west" is a chaotic world...

Last edited:
This was before stereo television was around in 1977 it was in mono until stereo broadcast came about but it was a huge improvement!
From a tiny 3.5" speaker to 4 8" 2ways so the bass was awesome! It was awesome to play atari games like that!:
I further improved it with a 5 band EQ and added a little reverb from a mixing board. The result awesome pre-surround sound!
Not bad for a 6yr old.

Last edited:
I always like to have music, and I listen to music to it as loud as I can, through a computer speaker (I think).

It's just like attending a concert :D

Interesting that so many people here seem to like their music loud. I do, but only under certain circumstances, like if I'm driving or really in the mood to dance and belt along. Unless it's a live show, I turn it up loud enough that I can hear details in the recording (how loud that is depends on how good the equipment is) and just enjoy it.

There is definitely an appeal to playing music like this at full volume, though. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I LOVE my music! From my early teenage years, I felt that it was the only thing that was keeping me sane! I'm into anything Rock'n'Roll, Progressive Rock, Progressive Metal, Heavy/Hard Metal, Heavy/Hard Rock, Jazz, Funk, Fussion and Punk, though I will NEVER listen to anything pop, rap, hip-hop or r'n'b as I personally don't classify those "genres" as music :p

I LOVE my music! From my early teenage years, I felt that it was the only thing that was keeping me sane! I'm into anything Rock'n'Roll, Progressive Rock, Progressive Metal, Heavy/Hard Metal, Heavy/Hard Rock, Jazz, Funk, Fussion and Punk, though I will NEVER listen to anything pop, rap, hip-hop or r'n'b as I personally don't classify those "genres" as music :p

would rnb be rhythm and blues? which is rock n roll???

I don't list my likes and dislikes on titles. Something is either liked or ignored by me :)

As for not liking "pop", is that pop-ular music which, by definition is any piece of music liked by a mass of people, irrespective of genre?

So, by definition you won't like anything that a lot of people like too??

So, there we go. Rolled up the sleeves and ready for a ding dong about "music" being music or not! :wavespin:

I cannot categorically state that all music of a certain genre, or all the music that's "popular," is "bad." If I were to say "I don't like rap or country," that, to me, is throwing out the baby with the bathwater. I never think about my music in terms of whether it's "post-punk" or "prog-rock" or "alt-country," and honestly I'm not even sure what those words mean. I know what I like and I know why I like it, but everybody has their own tastes; no one has the right to demand that everybody view this music as "good" and that music as "bad."

no, I don't mind old r'n'b like blues brothers etc, i mean new r'n'b like black eyed peas etc...

and by "pop" I mean music like lady gaga, bieber, katy perry etc...

Last edited:
I am absolutely and totally completely obsessed with music, always have been, ever since I can remember. I have to go everywhere with my iPod or I freak, even to the bathroom! I listen to most things, but especially classic rock and heavy metal. I have a particular ear for lyrics and I'm very good at memorising them, does anybody else have this ability?

I have music playing in my head much of time; sometimes original sometimes not. I can remember music very well, and my memory is almost as good as the real thing. The music I make up in my head might possibly be bits and pieces of things I have heard that I put together in new ways.
I started to study it in logical terms and have concluded good music is often very simple, not complex. The people who inspire me are Brian Wilson, John Lennon, McCartney, John Denver and so on - good, simple songwriters. However, as of yet, I really don't know if I have the innate ability to write really good music. The only way I know is to experiment with chord transitions and riffs till something suddenly sounds good and then build it up from there.
I also think one of the problems is being a good musician is kind of hit and miss. You need to somehow get at least 5 really good songs that are not only good but that people somehow like. One problem I can see lately is musicians are once again copying trends and creativity is really lacking. A lot of what is coming out now is trash.
Examples of what I like are Pat Metheny Group, Santana, Stanley Clark, Hendrix, Beach Boys, early Stones and so on.
For now all I can do is keep trying to see if I can produce something really cool but I'd not risk putting all my eggs in one basket as maybe I just don't have the same ear as a talented songwriter usually has.

i love music! i have an ipod with 1,905 songs when im able to store 7,500. i listen to R&B music from 60s, 70s 80s & 90s and some from 2000s and rap. ill listen to some rap but mainly from the 80s and 90s. today's rap is complete GARBAGE because it has no meaning and the stuff being rapped about is small things like a song was about passing the toilet paper. hahaha what is wrong with these people? but yes i use my ipod for complete albums and my other mp3 player for single song files. my ipod can hold 30 gb and mp3 player can hold 4 gb. time to upgrade!

but yes i use my ipod for complete albums and my other mp3 player for single song files. my ipod can hold 30 gb and mp3 player can hold 4 gb. time to upgrade!

Interesting. I had iPods for years (4th gen, 5th gen, and a hand-me-down iPod touch 3rd gen) and, when the iTouch was lost (don't know how that happened, but there ya go), I debated getting a Classic or a Nano or simliar, but I wound up getting a Shuffle and couldn't be happier. Most of my music listening is done at home through my stereo system, so I only use the Shuffle for playlists (like when I'm at work) or podcasts (like when I'm in the car). Otherwise, when I'm in the car, I just bring CDs as I, too, prefer to listen to entire albums. :) I realized that, for me, having all those albums in one place wasn't necessarily an advantage, but having been there myself I can easily see how some people would like it that way. For me, it's almost like having too much choice!

I have like 7k audio files on my ipod, a few are poetry though. And there are some natural sounds on there to help me sleep.

I know she's not a new artist, but I'm a new fan of Enya. I love her song: Only Time. I also really love Owl City, and I have his latest album :D

New Threads

Top Bottom