• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Alternate ways of dealing with lactose intolerance

Greatshield17

Claritas Prayer Group#9435
Not sure what this goes under but,

Suppose I’m in a scenario where, I’m on my homestead with my Mini Jersey Cow, and I don’t have access to lactaid pills. What are someways I can consume dairy products and not deal with lactose intolerance? What are the ingredients that are used for making lactaid pills?

Why do you feel you need to consume dairy? If you are on a homestead there are bound to be oats or almonds around to make an oat or almond milk from?
I know this is not an answer to the Q you posed but it just struck me that it may be the easier option in your scenario.

"Lactose is the sugar found in milk. If you have been told you are lactose intolerant, you are unable to digest this sugar. Some people can eat or drink small amounts of lactose, while others can not tolerate any lactose-containing foods. Goat's milk does contain lactose..."

"Some people have a less severe reaction to lactose and find that they can eat fermented milk products without having any symptoms. These fermented milk products include yogurt and aged cheeses , such as cheddar. Cheeses made from both cow's milk or goat's milk will have a reduction in the amount of lactose due to the fermentation process. However, for some reason, some people do seem to tolerate goat cheese better than cow's milk cheese. The fat molecules in goat's milk are shorter than in cow's milk and this may account for its easier digestibility for some.

The severity of your lactose intolerance, would determine how 'safe' goat cheese will be for you to include in your diet. You may want to consult with your doctor /dietitian for more individualized guidance."

Lactose Intolerance and Goat Cheese | Sutter Health

"Goat’s milk is comprised of about 4.20% lactose, whereas cow’s milk contains almost 5%"
Does Goat’s Milk Contain Lactose?

Goat Milk: Are There Health Benefits?
https://lactosefree101.com/goats-milk-lactose-free/

how many goats or goats milk have you consumed, tree? what is your personal experience of lactose intolerance and goats milk?

I have had dairy goats for many years.
Can make yogurt, and three kinds of cheese.

Also have relatives who are lactose intolerant.
They need to either take lactaid type pills
or limit their consumption of fresh milk.

I, on the other hand, had no lactose intolerance
but am allergic to cow milk, which is how I came
to be having goats. My grandmother also kept
goats, to have milk for my aunt's son, who was
allergic to cow milk.

New Threads

Top Bottom