• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

1990s Alternative Rock

Yeshuasdaughter

You know, that one lady we met that one time.
V.I.P Member
I think that the big years for Alternative Rock were somewhere in the range of 1987 to about 1996, with 1991 or 1992 being the peak for amazing music production.

From Jane's Addiction to Faith No More, to L7 and The Cranberries, post great songs from that era in this thread, and we'll go back to the days when there was actually something to listen to on the radio.

Last edited:
Therapy?

Northern Irish alt rock group. They made some amazing albums and very catchy tunes. There's a good degree of swearing, so not suitable for this site, but if you look up this album on Youtube. First song is a bit odd, but the others are a lot better for the most part:

TherapyTroubleGum.jpg

Ed

What a great topic. I have a massive music collection but I haven’t listened to much in the last couple of years. I just went scrolling through the lists, what a nostalgia trip. I agree that it truly was a great era for music but I’d include a few years before that too.

Being a long way away from pretty much the rest of the world Australia had it’s own music scene and I don’t know if many of our bands became popular overseas or not. It was a time of great social change in Australia and it brought out a lot of truly great music.

Men At Work – Down Under
The Hoodoo Gurus – Miss Free Love
Yothu Yindi - Treaty

What a great topic. I have a massive music collection but I haven’t listened to much in the last couple of years. I just went scrolling through the lists, what a nostalgia trip. I agree that it truly was a great era for music but I’d include a few years before that too.

Being a long way away from pretty much the rest of the world Australia had it’s own music scene and I don’t know if many of our bands became popular overseas or not. It was a time of great social change in Australia and it brought out a lot of truly great music.

Men At Work – Down Under
Yothu Yindi - Treaty

And this :cool:

Last edited:

Men At Work – Down Under
Yothu Yindi - Treaty

And how about this :cool:

New Threads

Top Bottom