• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your Username and/or Avatar/Photo.

Re: *In Case You Wondered About My Avatar*

My avatar was taken from a short episode in Samuel Beckett's early comic novel "Watt". In this episode the eponymous main character sees a picture on the wall of a circle, open at the bottom and a blue dot ("but Blue!") slightly to the right of it. He tries to imagine the relationship between the circle and the center (the dot) going through a number of hypotheses to point of total exhaustian. Ultimately, he is so totally confused by the picture that tears well up in eyes. To me, this section of of the novel epitomizes both Beckett's work and my own inability to comprehend the World around me.

We were supposed to be taking pictures that day for our poetry class magazine. So my roommate at the time straightened my hair and did my make up, we took my avatar pic then, so that i would have a pic to go with my bio in the magazine. By the time we got to school though about thirty minutes later, my hair was all frizzy and the make up was half gone from sweat. It was very rainy that day. But everyone else said they didn't want to take the class picture that day anyway.

One of the coolest scenes in movie history. From "The Dark Knight".

First scene clip is my avatar.

with The Dark Knight Rises being out, I still love The Joker...he was epic in the dark knight. :) Such a incredible intro to a movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
My avatar is a General Electric P42DC. I love trains, amtrak trains epsecially. :)
I hope to take the Coast Starlight Amtrak train to Portland, OR next spring. I hope to save enough money for it by then. :)

My avatar is the Victorian Green Lantern.

with The Dark Knight Rises being out, I still love The Joker...he was epic in the dark knight. :) Such a incredible intro to a movie.

Yes, I love the Joker, also. And, I think that entire scene is great!

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes, I love the Joker, also. And, I think that entire scene is great!
I loved the chase scene with the truck and Batman in the Tumbler...the scene of the Fire Truck on Fire is so ironic it was funny. Amazing film. work of art :)
I also loved the interagation scene as well.

I love ravens. I thought the picture was great. A combo of a beautiful girl and a raven. Always wished I was a bird.......could fly away to anywhere I wanted to go.

I love ravens. I thought the picture was great. A combo of a beautiful girl and a raven. Always wished I was a bird.......could fly away to anywhere I wanted to go.
its a very cool picture :)

The avatar I've had was a Spartan Greek soldier. Based on my training, being an athlete, boxing, karate etc.
The temporary one I have now is a camping image-love nature & the full moon.

I made mine with Windows Paintbrush to convey the way I felt - searching for truth in vast empty space

I also put my username in all lower case to give it a quiet, wispy, e.e.cummings type of feel. If anyone wants to give me a nickname, "lost" would be good.

The avatar I've had was a Spartan Greek soldier. Based on my training, being an athlete, boxing, karate etc.
The temporary one I have now is a camping image-love nature & the full moon.
I liked the Greek soldier because i imagined that being what you look like :skull:

It's Morraine Lake in Banff National Park, Alberta, Canada.

tumblr_mow075ytFk1s0gptpo1_1280.jpg

I know, we get used to avatars. We imagine how someone will be/look like. Then we see the person behind the avatar and it's like "what?! I imagined they would look like______ hmmm...."

I liked the Greek soldier because i imagined that being what you look like :skull:

I know, we get used to avatars. We imagine how someone will be/look like. Then we see the person behind the avatar and it's like "what?! I imagined they would look like______ hmmm...."
(I don't actually look like my avatar. Don't tell anyone!!!:ninja2::giggle2::cool:)

those are all me trying to figure out which smiley would be most appropriate. In the end I decided the three together have an interesting effect. Even though they don't make much sense.

Sigh...no yellow horse! No pink hair? :cry: Wow total bummer...:unsure: I'm sure you are a cutie pie :wub:with the spirit you have ;)
Not sure what the "wub" smiley means...?

(I don't actually look like my avatar. Don't tell anyone!!!:ninja2::giggle2::cool:)

those are all me trying to figure out which smiley would be most appropriate. In the end I decided the three together have an interesting effect. Even though they don't make much sense.

Vendetta represents anonymity and is symbolic of the mask I wear, when dealing with the outside world

New Threads

Top Bottom