• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your favourite comedy :)

Autistamatic

He's just this guy, you know?
V.I.P Member
A new member here @Spartan commented on a post how comedy has helped them get through life. I have to say I agree with that. Comedy has always been a huge part of my life - stand up, sketch shows, sitcoms and satire all have put a smile on my face and helped keep me sane all these years.
What comedy or comedians have helped keep your head in the vicinity of your shoulders? Post a clip if you can :)

Here's a couple of mine, both new and old...

Mock the Week - satire & stand up

Gabriel Iglesias - never made it in the UK but one of the funniest, family friendly comics I've seen

Red Dwarf - classic Sci-Fi sitcom

Dave Allen - comedy legend

I love Red Dwarf! Also: Monty Python, in particular the films, Life of Brian, The Goodies, and other classic British comedy shows from the 70s and 80s like Fawlty Towers, Black Adder, Last of the Summer Wine, Only Fools and Horses, that kind of thing. I also liked The Muppets :)

I LOVE The Goodies, ever since I was a little'un. I've used that theme tune as a ring tone more than once :)

Fawlty Towers, THE best UK comedy ever! John Cleese should be Knighted IMO.

Oh hang on, not sure if it's because the battery's just about gone in my hearing aid and I can't hear, but there doesn't seem to be any sound on the linked clip.

I've never been a big fan of scripted comedy - but, always loved Lee Evans.. He makes social observations that always made me laugh, because, well, it's what the world looked like to me. Nonsensical and based on some random social rules that I HAD to do, but didn't really know why.

I don't have a real favorite but I appreciate anything that can make me laugh. The healing balm of laughter cannot be overstated.

I have had people try to lighten me up and I like that. I like Fawtly Towers a lot and my brother got me into Wilfred which I find funny, but also thoughtful. I've had my share of things like the Simpsons and stuff, too. I guess I can handle some stand up in small doses.

Because Spartan likes the Greeks, he might like Aristophanes. He is very, very funny--

Most people have heard of his Lysistrata. This is where the Greek women get together and say , "No Sex until this war ends!" It is quite funny. But it is not just about sex. The men and women clearly love one another. They long to just see their husbands and know they are OK.

His plays were written during the Peloponnesian War. So it means a lot, as he was trying to make the people feel some joy while their worlds were falling apart.

Aristophanes - Wikipedia

Last Man Standing! It has comedy and sarcasm AND honesty AND common sense.
And a deliverence reference that many West Virginians may recognize.

New Threads

Top Bottom