• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Xbox One Digital TV Tuner

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Bought one this week from Amazon UK, and it's come today, but we can't get the thing to work on Dad's TV.

Does anyone know how we could get the thing working? And yes I am aware of Xbox.com and Google.

Both!

And the manual is useless, the text is too small to read.

This page is about setting it up: Xbox One Digital TV Tuner | Xbox One (might be easier to read than the manual.)

This is a video about setting it up:

I don't have one myself, but I suppose if it's not recognising that there's even a tuner plugged in and prompting you to set it up, either there's an obscure setting that needs changing or it's faulty.

I'll try it at the Flat, the problem here is that there's no TV Aerial, normal TV doesn't work, we can only get TV through Sky or Humax Digital TV in the Lounge.

I'll try it at the Flat, the problem here is that there's no TV Aerial, normal TV doesn't work, we can only get TV through Sky or Humax Digital TV in the Lounge.

If you wanted to get Sky through the Xbox One, you can just plug the Sky box straight into it without the need for the tuner. I did it once with my XBOne, but I disconnected it because it was pointless when they're both connected to the same TV in my living room. Pretty sure it was just an HDMI cable from the Sky into the XBox.

If you wanted to get Sky through the Xbox One, you can just plug the Sky box straight into it without the need for the tuner. I did it once with my XBOne, but I disconnected it because it was pointless when they're both connected to the same TV in my living room. Pretty sure it was just an HDMI cable from the Sky into the XBox.

The Tuner doesn't work, £6.02 from a reseller on Amazon, WTF?!

I will simply either bin it or launch a dispute against the seller on Amazon to try and get my money back. I've already contacted Amazon to tell them about the faulty product, and contacted the seller, they have 2 Business days to get in touch with me.

The Tuner doesn't work, £6.02 from a reseller on Amazon, WTF?!

I will simply either bin it or launch a dispute against the seller on Amazon to try and get my money back. I've already contacted Amazon to tell them about the faulty product, and contacted the seller, they have 2 Business days to get in touch with me.

I would always try to get money back when an item is faulty. If it happens regularly and people contact Amazon/seller, then Amazon will see that it's a regular occurrence and should take action against the seller.

I would always try to get money back when an item is faulty. If it happens regularly and people contact Amazon/seller, then Amazon will see that it's a regular occurrence and should take action against the seller.

The seller has been in touch, they're on their "Annual Holiday" for 2 weeks from tomorrow, so they'll be in touch after then.

Not very inspiring IMO.

You were had. Amazon resellers are well known for stuff.
Amazon has been flooded with counterfeit products that don't work in recent years.

Hopefully you can get your money back and then buy the product directly from the manufacturer or at another retailer.

Seriously call Amazon and tell them what happened!

You were had. Amazon resellers are well known for stuff.
Amazon has been flooded with counterfeit products that don't work in recent years.

Hopefully you can get your money back and then buy the product directly from the manufacturer or at another retailer.

Seriously call Amazon and tell them what happened!

I don't have Amazon UK's phone number, I used to but lost it when I changed my mobile phone last year.

New Threads

Top Bottom