1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Wrong Planet 1

Online Resource & Community For Autism & Asperger's

1. HeroOfHyrule

HeroOfHyrule Chicken Chaser

That attitude in particular was immediately noticeable once I joined the site and it's been really off putting. I don't necessarily like the fact that it seems a bunch of Holier-Than-Thou "intellectual" type aspies congregated to that site, since I went on a forum to avoid those. A lot of the problem-people have massive egos (or try to present themselves that way, for whatever reason, maybe fake overconfidence) that can't stand taking a hit whenever they're corrected or told to knock their crap off.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. HeroOfHyrule

This seems to be what a lot of the arguments are about right now, too. Specifically that people are noticing others are getting away with personal attacks and are trying to call it out, but the people that know they're doing so have to jump in every time and rile people up. I personally can't really tell the mods stance on this, since it seems they'll condemn it one moment and then stick up for the people doing the name-calling the next time people get riled up. It's like they're playing both sides instead of actually doing anything, to be honest.

But like you said, it's written in the rules. No one should be doing that nor should the mods be letting it happen. It is also definitely going to continue until these people get a proper scolding or are put in time out like the children they're acting like they are.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Ezra

Ezra Relax, it's just chaos.

The mods all seem basically of the same mindset as those who are the problem. They condemn it to put up a front and mainly only enforce the rules against those they don't like. Many posters have been banned for going against the clique. A couple people I can think of have managed to persevere because they have been extremely careful. More careful than I was.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Ella Spell

Ella Spell Something

Ezra
    I just noticed you have only 1,474 posts but 2,035 karma points! :)

That goes to show how valued your contributions are. You're such an articulate and thoughtful person. AF is lucky to have you and sadly, it was WP's loss.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. BenderRodriguez

BenderRodriguez Active Member

I went there because I wanted to see if there's actually a genuine intent for change. I see the only posts that get responses are the ones that go on tangents, while people asking the right questions and pointing out the real problems (like HeroOfHyrule and a few others) are ignored.

Making an account here actually helped me crystalise some of my thoughts on WP and I used this site as a reference to highlight the problems I'm seeing.

Making it Better: The future of WP | Wrong Planet Autism Community Forum

I'm sure I'll get a long and insightful answer from the mods :D

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. hatfullofrain

hatfullofrain Well-Known Member

I agree that this site is better for getting and sharing advice and WP is better for banter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. hatfullofrain

hatfullofrain Well-Known Member

I don't know if we should be cross posting. Is it against the rules here? I don't know.

I appreciate the appreciation for my words, but I've gone on a bit of a rant in that thread and don't want my negativity to be shared over here.

I'm trying to turn over a new leaf here so-to-speak. New username and everything.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. HeroOfHyrule

I think your responses were excellently thought out, descriptive, and addressed most of the issues people were bringing up about AF! I would have commended you at the source, but I'm honestly too exhausted with that entire thread to post on it any longer, I'm sorry about that.

• Like Like x 1
  9. BenderRodriguez

I haven't tried the chat feature here yet, is that any good for quick exchanges/banter?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. BenderRodriguez

Thank you and no need to be sorry, I'm done with it too - it's obviously not going anywhere. I knew I was wasting my time posting that but putting my thoughts into words helped me too.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. BenderRodriguez

I'm on a non-autism related forum that allows discussing any topic, no matter how controversial it is, but has zero-tolerance for personal attacks. People who want to discuss such topics have to do it in an articulate and civilised manner and use arguments instead of insults.

They'll ruin the internet, I'm sure ;)

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Ezra

I deleted it :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  13. Ezra

Thank you. I really appreciate it.

• Winner Winner x 1