• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Wrong Planet

Wrong Planet 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
What sort of issues? I've been here over 2 years and haven't had many issues with the Staff

Well a migrating WP member wanted to recreate a WP thread here that was popular with those who also have migrated here. A mod insisted on merging it with a thread already in existence and, that did not go over well with him and he has not been back here since. Bit of a sore spot for me still. And makes me reluctant to try creating any threads myself.

Well a migrating WP member wanted to recreate a WP thread here that was popular with those who also have migrated here. A mod insisted on merging it with a thread already in existence and, that did not go over well with him and he has not been back here since. Bit of a sore spot for me still. And makes me reluctant to try creating any threads myself.

It's mostly done to help keep duplicate threads under control, I've had it happen to me myself but I understood why

Being in fear of posting because of that is pretty silly if you ask me; it's not like it's abuse of power.

Plus it says, quite literally in the Rules & Guidelines, that Staff can merge threads as they see fit:
General Rules & Guidelines

Last edited:
It's mostly done to help keep duplicate threads under control, I've had it happen to me myself but I understood why

Being in fear of posting because of that is pretty silly if you ask me; it's not like it's abuse of power.

Plus it says, quite literally in the Rules & Guidelines, that Staff can merge threads as they see fit:
General Rules & Guidelines

There's a difference between being reluctant and being afraid. There's certainly nothing to be fearful in a situation like that, so I agree that would be silly.

While I am willing and obliged to abide by the rules and guidelines and mod decisions, I do not necessarily have to like or agree with all of them. This was one of those occasions and I had my say with the staff about it. I only brought it up because you asked.

I miss Cornflake, Tallyman, and Hyperlexian they were good mods and were level headed and understood me but once they left the site went to hell and i think they felt it and the stress got to them as well.
I liked Cornflake and Tallyman too,never talked much with Hyperlexian but remembered her too.The current WP mods suck

@Ezra

Hi Ezra,it's VTSV,how are you.

VS! Good to see you here! Thanks for fighting the good fight over there, but when intolerant bigotry and racism (racism is racism is racism) pervades into forum moderation, the small echo chamber that it's become will continue without my participation. Welcome. This is an autism support site full of mainly autistic people who are actually supportive of each other.

I liked Cornflake and Tallyman too,never talked much with Hyperlexian but remembered her too.The current WP mods suck

I thought they all were decent Mods. Lexi left first and then a year or so later Cornflake, Tallyman and a few other mods quit in a bunch over issues with the Admin/owner and I left with them.

There's a difference between being reluctant and being afraid. There's certainly nothing to be fearful in a situation like that, so I agree that would be silly.

While I am willing and obliged to abide by the rules and guidelines and mod decisions, I do not necessarily have to like or agree with all of them. This was one of those occasions and I had my say with the staff about it. I only brought it up because you asked.

Just as FYI, I can say they were not picking on your friend. That has been the SOP for a long time here, to try and have longer ongoing threads on a particular subject rather then many detached ones.

The name is a bit controversial, I’d say? Wrong Planet.
I think it’s a reference to Temple Grandin saying she felt like “An Anthropologist From Mars” in an interview with Oliver Sacks: he named the book it’s in for the remark.
Does have potential for negative interpretation now you point it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom