• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Wrong Planet

Wrong Planet 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the inclusion of new mods, I think things will be better.
Still avoid the ratbags, though. It just takes a little discipline. ;)
My recent experiences suggest things are better than they were. :cool:

Thanks. Yeah, he attempted to gatekeep, but I did get a reply from another mod who was fine with my thread, so it's settled now. Fnord and the former female mod, Xfilesgeek, who was very far left, were the ones I've clashed with in the past. Also this lady called twilightprincess. All of them dislike even moderately conservative Christianity, the two women dislike sex, and all three don't like hearing from women who have different perspectives and experiences on the topic from what their narrative is. The fact that my husband is liberal and irreligious irritates them even further because that doesn't fit their narrative either.
Those whom I disliked most were goldfish and bea arthur. Bea thought she could use the mods as her personal weapon against posters she didn't like and was just so offended when this didn't fly.

Those whom I disliked most were goldfish and bea arthur. Bea thought she could use the mods as her personal weapon against posters she didn't like and was just so offended when this didn't fly.

That's been going on for years there, only the names change.

The WP mod staff has always suffered from a toxic culture that has never gone away.

They need an administrator who cares enough to put in the effort to change the culture and that will probably never happen.

The WP mod staff has always suffered from a toxic culture that has never gone away.

They need an administrator who cares enough to put in the effort to change the culture and that will probably never happen.
I think all !!!!forums have that set up ,the moderators obviously agree with some people and become vitreolic (unbalanced)about anyone they disagree with.

I think the culture, the prevailing singular viewpoint "from above" is exactly how the administrator wants it there. The administrator there does not want viewpoints that are in opposition to his; quite the contrary. In my opinion he sees it as a mission to rid or drive off members there that have political viewpoints that differ from his because he considers differing political viewpoints to be egregious and evil.

Pretty interesting on WP how I see trollish members there and they will be the ones to say they get provoked and stuff (as a reason to excuse their trollish or bullyish behavior). There is one particular member there I cannot stand and at least they admit to being a sociopath and then I see them say in another post how users provoke them. Actually she has provoked me but I chose to not engage because I know it won't get us anywhere and I will just be upset at the end.

I don't feel comfortable saying names.

Oh, there's trollish and bullyish behavior on WP for certain. It's sanctioned. They're allegedly trying to change it though from what I hear. No calling a person racist, white supremacist, etc any longer (ie no personal attacks).

They seem to be doing a great job of creating their own little world which really isn't that far off from the one they complain about constantly.

There's that saying about gazing into the abyss and I'm legit wondering if it applies to some of the people there.

They seem to be doing a great job of creating their own little world which really isn't that far off from the one they complain about constantly.

There's that saying about gazing into the abyss and I'm legit wondering if it applies to some of the people there.

"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. "

Very apt saying for describing the situation there, Wildcat. It absolutely does apply to a cadre of people there. I don't feel comfortable saying names.

Oh, there's trollish and bullyish behavior on WP for certain. It's sanctioned. They're allegedly trying to change it though from what I hear. No calling a person racist, white supremacist, etc any longer (ie no personal attacks).

It's hard to prove that someone is bullying or being a troll when saying their opinions when nothing is stated in the rules about it. Mind as well ban all topics that upset people with different view points. Trust me, even the forums mods know this but there is little they can do about it. If they banned every user for it, then they would ban every innocent user as well because someone didn't like their opinions. So it's hard to do anything about it. That is why so many places have the block button or the ignore button. The best the staff can do on WP is to tell users to not engage with each other.

Face of Boo has posted a script he created for Chrome so users can have the block button on WP. I have used it but then decided to turn it off because I was seeing too many threads with only one post or none so I decided to just turn the script off so I can read their posts and watch other users roast them. I get a feeling one of them was banned because they haven't logged in since Sept 26th. They have admitted to wanting life to be like the 1950's again where people had less rights and then they posted something racist days later. I suspected a troll. But it was fun to watch other users telling that user off. Remember when I said in a thread on here I like drama just as long as I am not in it. I like it on TV and reading it online.

As for calling someone racist or a white supremist, I disagree there but I have been on other places that didn't allow words to be used like "stupid" and other terms that used to have medical meanings to them like dumb means can't speak for example so it was an ableist term to use. Just looks to me they are trying to bring back the original meanings to the words. Though the majority of the world will disagree but it's their own forum, sub, or whatever so they make their own rules.

But then at the end we all have to ask ourselves is there any point in calling someone a racist, racist people don't know they are racist so calling them one won't make them not be one anymore. One of my online friends is racist. Just something I am too ashamed to admit. He has butt heads with me several times. But I wouldn't say he bullied me just because I don't agree with him and his propaganda. But often times I feel he is trying to convert me and trying to get me upset or something. I am sure that is how many people feel about other things they don't agree with.

Oh I think it does. I have been given a warning there and a soft one. It was all political stuff. Rules should apply to everyone.

Previously, there was a system embracing double standards which favoured those on the left side of politics.
With the induction of new mods, this unhealthy practice seems to have been addressed, at least in the forums I visit, these days. :cool:

I think all !!!!forums have that set up ,the moderators obviously agree with some people and become vitreolic (unbalanced)about anyone they disagree with.
I believe there *may* be one mod who acts this way still, but I don't know for sure because I don't go to the forum where he governs primarily.

The new mods don't behave that way.
I don't have enough interaction to determine if the new (old) *admin* is unbiased.
Time will tell. :cool:

I think the culture, the prevailing singular viewpoint "from above" is exactly how the administrator wants it there. The administrator there does not want viewpoints that are in opposition to his; quite the contrary. In my opinion he sees it as a mission to rid or drive off members there that have political viewpoints that differ from his because he considers differing political viewpoints to be egregious and evil.
There are 2 admins now.
I am assuming your comment refers to the owner?

This is new to me.
If true, that is a step back from the recent discussions involving the owner, and a step in the right direction.

"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. "

Very apt saying for describing the situation there, Wildcat. It absolutely does apply to a cadre of people there. I don't feel comfortable saying names.
There are at least 3 mods who add integrity to WP. :cool:

Last edited:
This is new to me.
If true, that is a step back from the recent discussions involving the owner, and a step in the right direction.

Now I could be wrong. If you've been on there recently then I'm not one to talk. I know the last time I really read anything there you're correct that the owner not only gave license but encouraged others in the cadre to get their self-aggrandizing virtue signaling fix on by calling people racist and white supremacists with abandon. Is that kind of ill behavior still allowed there then?

Now I could be wrong. If you've been on there recently then I'm not one to talk. I know the last time I really read anything there you're correct that the owner not only gave license but encouraged others in the cadre to get their self-aggrandizing virtue signaling fix on by calling people racist and white supremacists with abandon. Is that kind of ill behavior still allowed there then?
Not sure.
I assume so.
I only heard the contrary here, today, which raised my eyebrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom