• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Wrong Planet

Wrong Planet 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on a non-autism related forum that allows discussing any topic, no matter how controversial it is, but has zero-tolerance for personal attacks. People who want to discuss such topics have to do it in an articulate and civilised manner and use arguments instead of insults.

They'll ruin the internet, I'm sure ;)

What does that mean?
Sounds like nonsense words joined together. :confused:
You're just making that up.:D

Someone posted a sarcastic meme directed at another member. And I mod said no more "trolling memes". Then several posts after that someone said buffalo did not have wings, so I said "Oh yeah? then how do you explain this?" and posted the logo showing a buffalo with wings.
I got banned around the same time, for replying to a post with a meme in it. :confused:
Solo Sailor also got banned at the same time.
It was a pre-planned black operation waiting for an excuse. :rage:

3 moderate conservatives gone in one hit. :eek:

Last edited:
I was an extremely negative person when I was still posting on Wrong Planet. It took an extended hiatus from the Internet altogether and actually doing what my 12 step sponsor wanted me to for me to become less negative over time. I adopted my family’s toxic political views and weaponized them in the past. Getting away from my family and getting away from Wrong Planet were two of the best decisions I ever made in my life. I admit I was part of the toxic problem on that other website a few years ago. The best thing that can happen for the people who still remain is for WP to sink under and disappear, forcing a similar hiatus from that culture onto others.

If I could change from a “everybody who disagrees with me is a Nazi” person to somebody who thinks like an actual human being, that change is possible in others, as well. I don’t think anybody posting on WP is actually finding any happiness there.

I enjoy WP.
You just have to avoid 2 main forums and several sociopathic type personalities there.
I have a number of friends who post and my friendship with them is growing.

You just have to be a bit more circumspect in regard to who you relate with.
Just ignore the people who try and suck the life out of you, and others. ;)

I enjoy WP.
You just have to avoid 2 main forums and several sociopathic type personalities there.
I have a number of friends who post and my friendship with them is growing.

You just have to be a bit more circumspect in regard to who you relate with.
Just ignore the people who try and suck the life out of you, and others. ;)

Like someone pointed out. "It's in your face constantly even if you try your best to avoid it." It even shows up in The Haven which is supposed to be the safest area on WP.

I got banned around the same time, for replying to a post with a meme in it. :confused:
Solo Sailor also got banned at the same time.
It was a pre-planned black operation waiting for an excuse. :rage:

3 moderate conservatives gone in one hit. :eek:

Yep. I got temp banned along with the skunk and I also got temp banned another time along with the ferret. At least I was in good company both times. WP did a good job of getting rid of moderate conservatives, along with most everyone else.

The eternal topic: WP
Will people ever grow tired of talking about it?

They love it. They hate it. They've never heard of it.
Seems like every nuance has been covered.
But the discussion continues.

The attraction appears to be similar to
picking at a scab.

^
Probably not ;)

You're right, many have a love/hate relationship with that place and there's been a lot of drama and chaos there in the last year or so (even more than usual), people still need to vent or process the events, I guess: we usually struggle with emotional stuff.

It's probably not easy for you guys to deal with the waves of "refugees", I hope it doesn't cause too much trouble here if it stays contained.

Personally, I'm quite grateful for finding this place, I wish I did sooner :)

When you have been involved in something for many years, like Bender, Jonn and myself, it takes a while for it to go away.

Yep. I got temp banned along with the skunk and I also got temp banned another time along with the ferret. At least I was in good company both times. WP did a good job of getting rid of moderate conservatives, along with most everyone else.

Skunks and Ferrets?
Sounds like a god darn menagerie over on WP. ;)

The eternal topic: WP
Will people ever grow tired of talking about it?

They love it. They hate it. They've never heard of it.
Seems like every nuance has been covered.
But the discussion continues.

The attraction appears to be similar to
picking at a scab.

We simply have to accept that the fascination exists. :koala:

Wrong planet is far too neurotypical friendly and has a godmod staff that issues name and warnings just because they didn't like what you said. Several of the regulars either claim to be on the spectrum but are hostile to our issues such as acceptance rather than awareness, or are neurotypicals there to tell us how much they hate having to live with someone like us.

Like someone pointed out. "It's in your face constantly even if you try your best to avoid it." It even shows up in The Haven which is supposed to be the safest area on WP.
With the inclusion of new mods, I think things will be better.
Still avoid the ratbags, though. It just takes a little discipline. ;)

I was lurking there for a time after the owner materialized out of nowhere and flipped over the apple cart that was the thread about how to make it better. After that shocking turn of events I lost interest in even lurking and haven't had any desire to even check back there in almost two weeks. Even with new mods I don't see feeling a spark to return. To each their own, however.

Wrong planet is far too neurotypical friendly and has a godmod staff that issues name and warnings just because they didn't like what you said. Several of the regulars either claim to be on the spectrum but are hostile to our issues such as acceptance rather than awareness, or are neurotypicals there to tell us how much they hate having to live with someone like us.
Most people there are in fact NT, behaving like what they consider to be ASD for whatever questionable reason.

There are some people that embrace autism as part of their identity, and it somewhat fulfills the longing to be part of something special or relatively rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom