• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Words You Like

I like the word "Deal". But not in the modern sense.

My grandfather and people of his generation used the word "Deal" a lot in conversation, to describe any object.

For instance, "I was working with this deal and it came apart.", or "I was changing the tires, and one of the deals was stuck on so I had to break the bolts to get the deal off", or "Hey, hold this deal upright for me while I secure the other end."

I don't know if I'll ever hear it again in a sentence, as it is very old-timey, but it makes me think of home.

Interesting. My grandpa & my brothers also used that word that way. Or, “dealie.” Maybe it was a west coast word. Were you in Oregon then, too?
You brought me back to the family driveway on a sunny day, with cars, bicycles and motorcycles around. A simpler time.

Last edited:
The German word 'fisselig' (pronounced as "fhistle fish" ) conveys inexactitude and sloppiness that is elicited by another person's nagging.

I was thinking of starting a thread like this! Glad to see I don't need to.

I like words like

Meander
Bamboozled
Flummoxed
Vamoose
Inexplicable
Quandamooka
Melanoxylon
Disquiet
Rescind
Sequester

That's all I can think of for now, but I'll be back

One made-up word from Blackadder the Third.

Contrafibularities - A fancy way of pretending to give someone congratulations when in reality you're 'pulling their leg'.

New Threads

Top Bottom